Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2009, 01:04 PM   #1
bellcon

The Chit List

I checked out some of the letters at the "Public Comments Received" thread over at the DFG Site.
And I decided to make a list of some of the Politicians, Corporations and Organizations supporting proposal 3
These are the ones who will not get my VOTE, my MONEY or my SUPPORT!

This list is not complete
and we would do well to organize it
we must never forget these individuals and organizations

Regardless of the outcome of this process
we need to remember who supported us and who tried to F()&^ us

Maybe a list of those who supported us would be a good list have also...

For now here is the CHIT LIST:

1. Hewlett Packard
2. World Wild Life Fund
3. Bonnie Lowenthal – Assemblymember 54th District
4. Julia Brownley – Assemblywoman 41st District
5. Wild Coast – wildcoast.net
6. League of Conservation Voters, San Diego County
7. Bill Rosenthal – City of Los Angeles, Councilmember 11th District
8. Audubon Society
9. San Diego Coastkeeper
10. Senator Jenny Oropeza – 28th Senate District
11. Briggs Law Corporation – San Diego, Inland Empire
12. Coastal Environmental Rights Foundation – Encinitas California – cerf.org
13. California Coastkeeper Alliance
14. Santa Barbara Channel keeper
15. San Francisco Baykeeper
16. Orange County Coastkeeper
17. Marine Conservation Institute
18. Santa Monica Baykeeper
19. Marine Conservation Analyst Environmental Defense Center
20. The Ocean Foundation
21. Coare – The Center for Oceanic Awareness Research, and Education
22. Ocean Revolution
23. Bolsa Chica Land Trust – Mesas Wetlands – bolsachicalandtrusrt.org
24. Laguna Ocean Foundation
25. National Resources Defense Council
26. Laguna Blue Belt Coalition – lagunabluebelt.com
27. Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve – tijuanaestuary.org
28. South Laguna civic Association – southlaguna.org
29. Sierra Club
30. Paul Koretz – Los Angeles Councilmember 5th District
31. Friends of the Los Angeles River – folar.org
32. Environmental Entrepreneurs – e2.org
33. Cross River Pictures
34. Industry Entertainment
35. Solazyme Inc.
36. Movidis Inc.
37. Lakeside Enterprises
38. TDKA Group
39. Mythic Records LLC
40. Arcana Herbal Nutritional Pharmacy
41. TLE Properties
42. Prize Capital LLC
43. eSolar
44. Intex Solutions
45. ISE Corp.
46. Segal Enterprises
47. The Sexton Company
48. ClearEdge Power Corp.
49. Virtual Group LLC
50. Sonance
51. Business.com Inc.
52. WilderShares LLC
53. Defenders of Wildlife
54. City of Solana Beach – conditional support
55. City of Santa Monica
56. City of Del Mar
57. Patricia McCoy – Councilmember City of Imperial Beach
58. Friends of Harbors, Beaches, and Parks – LONG LIST OF Supporting Organizations – fhbp.org
59. The Otter Project – otterproject.org
60. The Energy Coalition – energycoalition.org
61. Verna L. Rollinger – Councilmember City of Laguna Beach
62. Bob Blumenfield – Assemblymember 40th District
63. Todd Gloria – Councilmember City of San Diego
64. Gilbert A. Cedillo – Senator 22nd District
65. Coastwalk California
66. Monterey Bay Sanctuary Foundation – mbnmsf.org

Someone with better skills than I could maybe organize the list, and update it with more names...
For me it was just a start
but I can tell you this much... the next time the World Wild Life Fund solicits me... they are going to get a response
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #2
Ohana

Thanks for the list.

It is sad, as some of the groups on the list are also doing good in trying to prevent destructive fishing practices such as shark finning.

While it may be a drop in the swimming pool, I plan to go to their websites and see if they have a section you can send them an e-mail comment about their position on the MLPA.

Kevin
Ohana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #3
Billy V

Strong Work Don, Please Keep "The List" Updated.
-So we can be sure to return the favors ... good and bad.
Billy V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:27 PM   #4
Ocean-Angler

wow..
with all that funding, and organization we're like bringing a dildo to fight with a tank
LOL
Ocean-Angler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 05:40 PM   #5
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean-Angler View Post
wow..
with all that funding, and organization we're like bringing a dildo to fight with a tank
LOL
Wow! That's exactly what I was going to say!
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #6
Quilted Germ

The fact that I had to scroll down to see the entire list just bums me out and definitely puts the fight into perspective....yikes.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:30 AM   #7
bellcon

Quote:
The fact that I had to scroll down to see the entire list just bums me out and definitely puts the fight into perspective....yikes.
Hell
that's just the tip of the ice berg my friend
check some of their sites
not just the obvious ones (enviros)
but the other ones
like e2.org
or Sexton, http://www.sextonco.com/work.shtml
the Eagles and the Jets are just a couple of their clients

I hate this chit
but the web these people have spun is very impressive
we are truly the underdogs

I know I will be even more careful of who I support in the future with my money and my vote

Personally I hate doing this
but maybe it's just the way it is now a days
if I really want my kids to have a chance,
a chance to experience any of the freedoms I have enjoyed growing up
then I will have to resign myself to the fact that this stuff is just part of living in this great country of ours
and I have a certain responsibility to be informed and to do my part to fight
the radical agenda of the other side...

Or I can just ride it out, and keep my mouth shut when things don't go the way I think they ought too...

See you Tuesday
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:31 AM   #8
j mo

I love the "Friends of" moniker such BS, how about we start "Friends of Mother Ocean (FOMO)- dedicated to the responsible harvesting and management of our coastal fishery", im sure the lemmings would fall right in line
j mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 04:38 PM   #9
bellcon

I can't seem to edit the old post...
lots of new names to add

Start with
Cal Oceans - http://caloceans.org/

They ran a full page ad in today's Palos Verdes Peninsula News...
Called "Save Rocky Point"
they are pushing hard to have more of the Palos Verdes coastline added to the list of closures

They want more of La Jolla and Malibu too...

Some of the supporters in the ad:
http://www.titandivegear.com/ (Titan Dive Gear)
http://www.ocpausa.org/ (orange county people for animals)
http://www.lacg.net/catalog/index.php (Billy Arcila)
http://www.equaticproductions.com/index.html (Equatic Productions)
http://www.unifiedteamdiving.com/ (Jeff Seckendorf)

and many more...

I still hate this chit!
Old 10-14-2010, 05:11 PM   #10
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Good chit Don...

Perhaps if you didn't mind reading all that you wouldn't mind reading all of this...let me save you the trouble, and key in on the important aspect of the BS they are pulling...

I personally copied this from my email, from the North Coast News, since I am on their email list. Bet a bunch of people are thinking oh chit...

This is what disturbs me the most, read on...

Spread the word
  • Circulate North Coast News to help ensure others in your community are aware of the MLPA Initiative, upcoming meetings and opportunities for public involvement
  • If you are a leader in your community and/or have access to a large number of constituents, become a “Key Communicator.” Contact the Public Outreach and Education Team via email or call 707-832-4088 to learn more.
Talk about recruitment. This whole email is sent from the 'Executive Director'. Now, do you really think his recruitment is geared towards those who believe in a Fair and Open Process?

How about increasing the yearly ban? Like I said, read the rest of the email, scary shit just in time for Halloween...

Send me your email address and I will be more than happy to forward this to you...

During its August 30-31 meeting in Fortuna, the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCRSG) completed a single marine protected area (MPA) proposal for the north coast study region’s Round 3 MPA planning process. This significant achievement illustrates the NCRSG members' dedication to working collaboratively and exemplifying a respectful, stakeholder-based process.

The Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal and accompanying Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation are available at the MLPA website and via MarineMap for review by the public. Over the coming weeks the MPA proposal and special closures recommendation will be evaluated by the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team, California Department of Fish and Game, California Department of Parks and Recreation, and MLPA Initiative staff. The results of these evaluations will help inform the deliberations of the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) at its upcoming meeting in Fortuna on October 25-26.

I encourage each of you to provide feedback on the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal and Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation. In addition to email, mail and fax, you are invited to share your input via an online form. I look forward to seeing many of you the BRTF meeting later this month, where members of the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group will join the task force for presentations and discussion about the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal, associated evaluation results, and what recommendations will be forwarded to the California Fish and Game Commission.

~Ken Wiseman, Executive Director

North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
August 30-31, 2010 – Meeting Agenda and Materials
The sixth meeting of the MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCRSG) was held on August 30-31 in Fortuna. During this meeting, the NCRSG completed a single Round 3 MPA proposal to forward to the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force for consideration. Additionally, the NCRSG produced a recommendation for seven year-round or seasonal special closures. During the meeting, the NCRSG:
  • Adopted a motion supporting the State of California’s recognition of a traditional tribal use category within MPAs. The motion received broad, though not unanimous, support.
  • Adopted a motion that all proposed MPAs should include language in the state regulations that traditional tribal uses be exercised by members of California tribes and tribal communities (note that the California Fish and Game Commission has indicated this is legally not possible at this time).
  • Agreed to forward its Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal and accompanying Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation to the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT), California Department of Fish and Game (DFG), California Department of Parks and Recreation (State Parks) and MLPA Initiative staff for evaluation, and to the BRTF for consideration.
On September 1, 2010, a work session was held with volunteer NCRSG members and MLPA Initiative staff to begin drafting supporting MPA attribute information for the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal, including site-specific rationale, goals/objectives and other design considerations. A quality control process followed the NCRSG meeting to confirm the accuracy of the proposal. During this process, the NCRSG also finalized the supporting attribute information and drafted NCRSG supporting materials to accompany the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal, including a narrative rationale and an overview table to better explain individual MPAs and choices made with regard to meeting various guidelines.

Members of the NCRSG will join the BRTF at its October 25-26 meeting to help present the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal.

Public Meetings
All meetings are open to the public and simultaneously webcast on the day of the meeting (field trips not included). Meeting details are available on the MLPA website.

To the extent possible, public participation locations are also set up in at least one other city within the study region (Crescent City, Eureka and/or Fort Bragg) to provide members of the public with a stable Internet connection for the webcast and the opportunity to provide comments during the public comment period(s).

Meeting agendas are posted to the MLPA website at least 10 days in advance of the meeting. Meeting materials are posted as soon as they become available. In addition to the simultaneous webcast of meetings, the video and audio archives are posted online within two days of each meeting.

Wednesday, October 13 – Thursday, October 14, 2010
October 13, 1:00 p.m.
October 14, 8:00 a.m.
Master Plan Science Advisory Team
Red Lion Hotel
1929 Fourth Street
Eureka, CA 95501

General public comment on subjects related to the work of the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team (SAT) will be held on Wednesday, October 13 at approximately 3:30 p.m. The public will also have an opportunity to comment on any SAT action items.

As an alternative to attending the meeting in Eureka, the public is welcome to attend a “public participation location” to watch a live webcast of the meeting and/or provide public comment:

CV Starr Community Center
300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437

Flynn Center Multipurpose Room
981 H Street
Crescent City, CA 95531

Monday, October 25 – Tuesday October 26, 2010

MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force
River Lodge Conference Center
1800 Riverwalk Drive
Fortuna, CA 95540

A general public comment session will be held, beginning on Monday, October 25 at approximately 3:30 p.m. The public will also have an opportunity to comment on any BRTF action items.

As an alternative to attending the meeting in Fortuna, the public is welcome to attend a public participation location to watch a live webcast of the meeting and/or provide public comment:

300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437

981 H Street
Crescent City, CA 95531

Where are we in the north coast planning process?

The MLPA Initiative began the marine protected area (MPA) planning process in the north coast study region in June 2009. Currently, this process in the final stages, or “Round 3,” of developing MPA proposal alternative(s) to forward to the California Fish and Game Commission for consideration.

At the upcoming October 25-26 meeting, the MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force (BRTF) will receive presentations on the Round 3 MLPA North Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (NCRSG) MPA Proposal. The BRTF will review science evaluations conducted by the MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team as well as analyses conducted by I-Team staff, the California Department of Fish and Game and the California Department of Parks and Recreation.

The meeting will also involve a discussion between the BRTF and members of the NCRSG; this will be an opportunity for BRTF members to gain a better understanding of the key considerations that influenced the MPA proposal design. Using the information obtained from the discussion with NCRSG members, Round 3 evaluation results, and public comment, the BRTF is expected to select a “preferred alternative” MPA proposal. The preferred alternative, along with any other recommendations and/or proposal(s) the BRTF identifies, will be forwarded to the California Fish and Game Commission in early 2011; the commission will then begin regulatory and environmental review processes that are expected to last several months.

What are special closures?
Special closures are designated in the marine environment to provide geographically-specific protection of resources from human activities. In some instances special closures may offer protection, such as to breeding seabird and marine mammal populations, from geographically-specific threats that are not necessarily addressed by marine protected areas (MPAs), including disturbance. Proposed special closures have been developed by the NCRSG separately from the MPA proposal, but are intended to be considered in conjunction with the proposal.

At its August 30-31 meeting, the NCRSG recommended seven year-round or seasonal special closures for consideration by the BRTF. Members of the public are encouraged to review the Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation and provide feedback on what has been proposed.

How were tribal uses considered in the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal?

Members of the NCRSG indicated general support for traditional tribal uses in marine protected areas by adopting two motions at their August 30-31
meeting
: (1) a motion recommending that the State of California’s recognize a special category for traditional tribal use (beyond “commercial” and “recreational” types of uses) within MPAs, and (2) a motion that all proposed MPAs include language in the regulations that traditional tribal uses be exercised by members of California tribes and tribal communities. With regard to specific MPAs in the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal, the NCRSG considered tribal uses in a couple of different ways.

First, the NCRSG was provided guidance that, under current state law, the California Fish and Game Commission does not have the authority to allow only tribal uses in an MPA. Rather, any proposed non-commercial uses intended to accommodate tribal uses in marine waters must be identified by species and gear type and must apply to all non-commercial (termed “recreational”) users. During its August 30-31 meeting, the NCRSG included a number of MPAs intended to accommodate non-commercial tribal uses. To determine which species and gear types should be allowed to accommodate tribal uses for each MPA, the NCRSG requested that MLPA staff use input from north coast tribes and tribal communities gathered during review of the Round 2 draft MPA proposals (Briefing Document C1; Briefing Document C2). The proposed uses to accommodate tribal uses are listed under “Proposed Allowed Uses (Take Regulations)” in the “Description of MPAs” document and the Round 3 geographic cluster maps.

Second, a few MPAs were intended to accommodate tribal uses only when it becomes possible within California legal authority to limit allowed activities to tribes and tribal communities; therefore, at this time these MPAs do not include proposed allowed uses to accommodate tribal activities.

How do I provide feedback on the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal?
Members of the public are invited to provide both written and/or verbal comments to the BRTF on the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal and Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation. Feedback on specific MPAs or special closures, including boundaries, designation type, proposed allowed uses (take regulations) and general location is valuable. The public is invited to share comments the following ways:

WRITTEN COMMENTS
Written comments are encouraged to be submitted by October 18, 2010 so that BRTF members receive and have an opportunity to review them prior to the October 25-26 meeting. Written comments received between October 19 and 21 will be provided to the BRTF at the October meeting; after October 21, written comments must be received at the BRTF meeting in Fortuna. Written comments can be submitted via:

Online: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/round3comments_nc.asp (through October 18 only)

Email: MLPAComments@resources.ca.gov

Mail: Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
c/o California Natural Resources Agency
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1311
Sacramento, CA 95814

Fax: 916.653.8102, Attn: MLPA Initiative

VERBAL COMMENTS

MLPA Blue Ribbon Task Force Meeting
October 25-26, 2010
River Lodge Conference Center
1800 Riverwalk Drive
Fortuna, CA 95540

The public is invited to provide verbal comments at the upcoming BRTF meeting in Fortuna. Wall maps of the Round 3 NCRSG MPA Proposal and Round 3 NCRSG Special Closures Recommendation will be available for public viewing at the meeting location.

Public comment will begin at approximately 3:00 p.m. on Monday, October 25, 2010. Helpful public comment includes:
  • Feedback on specific MPAs or special closures, including boundaries, designation type, proposed allowed uses (take regulations) and general location. Do you support what is being proposed? If not, can you suggest a specific change to the MPA boundaries, designation type, proposed allowed uses and/or general location that would make it more acceptable to you?
  • Feedback on the complete proposal.
As an alternative to attending the meeting in Fortuna, the public is welcome to attend a public participation location to view the meeting and/or provide public comment:

300 South Lincoln Street
Fort Bragg, CA 95437

981 H Street
Crescent City, CA 95531

The public will also have an opportunity to comment on any BRTF action items. For more information about providing public comment to help inform the north coast MPA planning process, please contact the Public Outreach and Education Team at 707-832-4088 or via email.

The success of the MLPA largely depends on the continued involvement of the public. There are a number of ways that members of the public can participate in this process:
Stay informed Provide feedback
Providing feedback is one of the most important ways to get involved in the MLPA Initiative. Public comment provided at meetings should be concise and focused on specific ideas or suggestions. While the time available for verbal comments at meetings is usually limited, there is no limit on the length of comments submitted in writing. All written comments can be submitted via email, mail or fax (click here to view north coast written public comments submitted to date):

Online: http://www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/round3comments_nc.asp (through October 18 only)

Email: MLPAComments@resources.ca.gov

Mail: Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
c/o California Natural Resources Agency
1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1311
Sacramento, CA 95814

Fax: 916.653.8102
All written comments are compiled on a weekly basis and distributed to the I-Team and MLPA Initiative groups (BRTF, NCRSG and SAT as appropriate). Please do not send comments to SAT or BRTF members directly.
Specific opportunities to provide input include: Spread the word
  • Circulate North Coast News to help ensure others in your community are aware of the MLPA Initiative, upcoming meetings and opportunities for public involvement
  • If you are a leader in your community and/or have access to a large number of constituents, become a “Key Communicator.” Contact the Public Outreach and Education Team via email or call 707-832-4088 to learn more.

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
deepdvr

The other side is very well-funded.

Rank

Name/(state)

Assets

As ofFiscal Year
End Date

9. The David and Lucile Packard Foundation (CA) 4,650,858,492 12/31/2008

What we really need to do is get the darkhorse to guide Bill Gates. Once he slays some we'll be in the clear.

1. Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation (WA) $29,889,702,125 12/31/2008
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
hatchetman

Having friends and family that work directly with the IT industry it was disturbing to see Hewlett Packard on the MLPA supporters list so I emailed HP media relations directly and this was their response:

Hello Mr. Thomson,

I believe you’re referring to the David & Lucile Packard Foundation, which is an entirely separate entity from Hewlett-Packard Company. You can find more information about the Packard Foundation, including contact information, at http://www.packard.org.

Regards,
Gary Rainville

HP

Upon checking the link provided I found that
The David and Lucile Packard Foundation is very much an environmentalist org. I can not find anything in the public comment section of the dfg/mlpa site that directly links HP as a supporter in the mlpa on either side. It seems that as we discuss the factual content of the Eco-Nazis, we should make sure our facts are absolute as well, if we state a link we should provide it. I can not say for a fact that HP is not a supporter of the MLPA, but it does look as if listing them may have been a mistake. I am following up with a reply asking for further clarification on there stand over the MLPA and will post what I find out.

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.
Thomas Jefferson
hatchetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #13
deepdvr

As far as I'm aware of, there are no lingering Packards on the HP board of directors.

The foundation is the real enemy not the company. However, I guarantee you that a good chunk of the foundation's assets are tied into the HP share price.

There are alot of enviros in high places. Even our current CIA director, Leon Panetta, is a major advocate of ocean reform and has many ties to groups that have us in their cross-hairs. He went to my alma-mater and I used to like him.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #14
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Both Hatchetman and Deepdiver bring up good points. Let me add another. Labeling someone or some group as the enemy simply because they have an association with someone or some group that opposes our point of view is dangerous. We should make sure that we have always the facts in hand before we form an opinion or make an accusation.

Labeling all environmentalists as the enemy is just as big of a reach as saying that HP is against us just because Packard helped found the company.

I consider myself an environmentalist and suspect that the majority of my kayak fishing friends share my concerns relating to most environmental issues. One can support protecting the environment without joining the enemy camp. There is a much more reasonable middle ground.

The big difference between us and the radicals who we are fighting is perspective. Radicals, whether they are political, religious or environmental all share one common trait. They are mioptic to the point that they cannot see any point of view other than their own. This kind of ignorance creates an enemy that can be difficult to fight. On the other hand, they all have one huge weakness. They cannot stand up to the truth.

Let's make sure that we always keep this weapon close by and untarnished.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 12:07 PM   #15
bellcon

Bump
Because January 1st 2012 is right around the corner.
Old 12-13-2011, 12:14 PM   #16
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellcon View Post
Bump
Because January 1st 2012 is right around the corner.
Thank you!
Old 12-13-2011, 07:21 PM   #17
ChefT

Tell Gates ill cook the catch,,,,

Occupy my OCEAN...... 1.1.12........ what mlpa
spread the word,,,, yaks, boats, skifts, tubes, fu$k it ... if it floats fish from it...

Im in ,,,,

Last edited by ChefT; 12-13-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: drunk ....
ChefT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:03 AM   #18
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Perhaps a mod could sticky this thread.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 06:58 AM   #19
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

This is a cut and paste from scsurffishing.com forum.

October 20, 2010

RE: Southern California Businesses in Support of Marine Protected Areas

To the Members of the California State Fish and Game Commission,

A healthy ocean is essential to the protection of a healthy California economy. The undersigned 137 southern California businesses are writing to you as California business owners to express our strong support for the statewide implementation of California’s landmark Marine Life Protection Act. Protecting California’s iconic coastline and preserving critical ocean habitat is not only the right thing to do for the ocean, but is also a sound business decision.

According to the National Ocean Economics Program, the California coastal economy is responsible for supporting more than 15 million jobs in 2008 while paying more than $797 billion in wages to those in the sector. Our coastal economy depends on abundant fish and wildlife, healthy ecosystems, and clean beaches and ocean waters. Visitors from around the world come to experience the beautiful and bountiful California coast. They stay in our hotels, eat at our restaurants and spend money on a range of goods and services from postcards to surf lessons.

With coastal economic activities accounting for 83 percent of the U.S. economy, ocean protection is good for business. A science-based network of Marine Protected Areas can help safeguard those valuable resources and support the long-term economic vitality of coastal communities.

We thank you for your leadership and strongly urge timely implementation of the Marine Life Protection Act statewide as a critical investment in the future of the California economy.

Sincerely,

Avalon Capital Group
Patagonia
Horny Toad Active Wear
9MYLES Inc.
A Creative Force
Adam Neely Fine Art Jewelry, Inc
Always Summer Surf
AMSOLAR
Anacapa Dive Center
Anthony Christopher Productions
Arcana Herbal & Nutritional Pharmacy
Arin Contemporary Art
Art Images, Inc.
Bailey Gardiner
Beyond Fire, LLC
Blue Guitar
Border Grill
UBS Financial
Joe Lubardie's Dive & Photo
Cabrillo Marine Aquarium
California Seashell Co.
Captain Jack's Tours
C'est Cheese
Cherry Moon Shop
Clear Edge Power Inc., Mythic Records LLC
Contech Stormwater
Co-opportunity natural grocer
Corporate Development, eSolar
Cross River Pictures
DeBilzan Gallery
Demi Things
Drishti
Eco Dive Center
Ecotopiia
Emporio Optic
Euphoria loves RAWvolution
Falling Star Pottery
Frog House
GG's Bistro
Glitz N Glam
Groundswell Technologies
Gull Wings Children's Museum
Healthy Spot
Hike, Bike and Kayak Sports, Inc.
Hillary
Holeman Surf Design
Indian Territory Gallery
Innovo Energy Solutions Group, LLC
Intex Solutions
IP*SEVA
ISE Corporation
Isla Vista Food Cooperative
K Nathan Gallery
KAIROS Scientific, Inc.
La Jolla Kayak
La Jolla Sea Cave Kayaks
Laguna Beachwear
Lakeside Enterprises
Le Merigot
Left Turn
Light Bulbs Unlimited
Living Sea Images
Lloyd's Fine Cigars
Lola Luna Clothing
Lotus East-West Medical Center
Mary Osborne Surf School
Matthew Meier Photography
Mesa Lane Partners, LLC
Movidis, Inc.
NEI Treatment Systems
Newbreak Coffee
Newport Bay Hospital
Noon Design Inc.
Novak Surfboard Designs
OB Centric
Ocean Adventures Dive Co.
Ocean View Hotel
One Roof
Pacific Edge Gallery
Pacific Gallery
Plug Clothing
Pottery Barn
Pourtal Wine Tasting Bar
Powerhouse
Prescient Technologies
Prudential Realty Group
R&D Design and Marketing
Real Food Daily
Reef Seekers Dive Co
Reiman-Birney Surf School
ReRip
Rincon Designs
Robert King CPA
Rustic Canyon Wine Bar
Santa Barbara Adventure Company
Scorpioni Italian Leather
Seal Beach Music
SeaLife Aquarium
Segway of Santa Barbara
Sheek Inc
Silvergreens
SolSessions
Sonance
Spectre Dive Boat
Spectre Dive Company
Spectrum Consulting
Steven Bochco Productions
Stone Brewery
Studio 7 Gallery
Surf Country
Surf Diva
Surf n Sea, Custom Wetsuits and Repair
Surf N Wear's Beach House
Tangible Investments
TDKA Group
Technology Ventures, Prize Capital, LLC.
Thalia Surf
The Ambrose Hotel
The Chakra Shack
The Fragrance Boutique
The Sexton Company
The Stand Restaurant
Tidal Influence
Treehuggers International
UBS
Union Ale Brewing Company
Universal Music Group
Ventures, Prize Capital, LLC
Von Hemert Interiors, Laguna Location
W.E. Short & Associates
Wetsand Surf Shop
Wheelhouse
Whelan Galleries
Wildershares, LLC
Wind and Sea International INC.
Xanadu Collection
ZJ Boarding house

Add in Walmart, HP, Apple, Vons and Safeway. I'm sure there are others, feel free to add to the list of legitimate supporters of MLPA closures. I've only patronized 2 on the list ever, so it's easy to take my money elsewhere.

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 AM   #20
T-Rex

Thanks for the expanded list.

Sorry to see my favorite beer maker Stone Brewery was a signatory. I won't be buying any more Stone IPA or Arrogant Bastard Ale.

Good time to switch to Ballast Point Brewery.
T-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote