Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-06-2016, 08:01 PM   #21
mattL

Wow this kind of took on a life of its own. I think I'll just go at it alone from here on, and leave the Internet to others. Thanks to everyone who gave out advice. And I'm sorry if anyone thought I was mining for secret spots, taking the easy way out or not enjoying fishing for fishing. I'll still be the guy out there with a big grin on his face just for being in the water. Have a good one and. Happy fishing.
mattL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 11:01 PM   #22
pingpangdang

A lot of folks here are straight shooters and jokesters...thick skin goes along way. It's like going drinking at a dive bar...you can't hate on the people you find there. Like someone mentioned earlier there are many folks who have spent many days and months..years of skunk each trip envisioning a new game plan for what might work better i.e longer leader, knocker rig, dropper, reverse dropper, 3 way swiv, leader lengths, leader sizes, weights, no weights, hooking bait, type of hook, presentation etc etc

I had a week off and fished every day getting up at 330 to get in the water before first light for skunk that whole week. I did learn by reading all the posts from back in 2007 til now, endless youtube videos of dropper loops, wsb, commercial yt fishing and california youtube channels from dana point to lj to baja...even researched new Zealand and Australia kingfish...and Florida ajs. I have yet to meet anyone not friendly on the launch or on the water. You see someone catch one give them space, offer help if required and if they are alone offer to take an otw for them. I've learned a lot and am still learning from the guys out there who amaze me with there knowledge. Many have paid there dues with hundreds of hours on the water with nothing to show. I can't hate on them if they don't provide the Intel knowing they sacrificed hours perfecting there methods which maybe very productive.

Read the old guard posts they are more detailed reports and helpful. Find the fisherman at the launch or on the water and say what's up....most are pretty cool even the crabby ones once you know them.

Read the bloodydecks posts too...there current posts are like the oldschool posts back in 2007 and 8....more of a storyline with details rather than what you see now i.e 30lb tail with photo.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited by pingpangdang; 07-06-2016 at 11:26 PM.
pingpangdang is offline   Reply With Quote