Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-16-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
MAKOBOB UPDATE

Getting ready to leave for Baja early on the 19th. Just a few days away and I will be back to my
happy place. At home this morning. for the first time I took about 20 steps. I picked up the walker
and carried it for that distance. I used it as a safety in case I lost my balance so I would not hit
the ground.

Then it was time to hit Walmart for our shopping needs. Last weak I did it in a wheel chair. This
weak it was different. I tried just pushing a shopping cart while walking behind it. I figured that
if it did not work I could go back to the truck for the wheelchair.

I walked for about 20 minutes around Walmart, went to the register and found a seat waiting for
the wife. Sat there (resting) for a few minutes and knew the wife would take at least an hour. So
got up off my lazy butt and did a circuit around the store again.

This time I used only my palms on the cart to push it. No wait on the cart for stability, walked back
to the book section and bought a book to celebrate. It worked quite well. Stood there balancing
myself for another 10 minutes without holding on to anything. Yes the cart was infront of me in
case I need it. I did not.

Wife finished shopping and we came home, I spent about a total of one WHOLE hour on my feet.
That was the farthest I have walked in many months. Thank you Lord, I like my fake leg. Am I
ready to walk unassisted yet, I think not.

I still fear falling, so next week on my trip to Gonzaga I will try it our on the beach with a cane.
YES I have to fall a few times, better on the sand first. I always shuffled my feet so maybe now
as I learn to walk again I can pick them up and put them down.

Also at mako-ville there will only be a few friends to pick me back up. I know that the cane will
be my last step before going mobile again. The Dr.s rated me K3 which means tey expect me
to walk without any mobility aids.

I will NOT let them or myself down. With luck and hard work on my part I might even reach K4
which is the highest on the scale. That level is normally reserved for the younger guys. To reach
it I must be able to tackle sports and RUN, which I have not done in 5 years.

Some time soon, before the end of the month I should have my "forever leg and foot". I think
it will be better as it is lighter by a cuople of pounds. Happy times are hear again. Tight :ines to
all who have followed this long journey. Your prayers and positive thoughts helped to get my
hear. From the bottom of my heart, Thank You. Sea you all in paradise.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:53 AM   #2
vanphuccity
Khu đô thị Vạn Phúc CITY

let's go...let's go yeahhh
vanphuccity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:16 PM   #3
fishnstix

Absolutely awesome to see you doing so good. See ya on 10/20 at Makoville buddy...feel free to lean on me and push hard to become mobile once again. Looking forward to another trip on the quad down the beach with you chasing croakers! (remember that WSB or Totuava that swam up and down the beach teasing us... LOL)
fishnstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 03:23 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnstix View Post
Absolutely awesome to see you doing so good. See ya on 10/20 at Makoville buddy...feel free to lean on me and push hard to become mobile once again. Looking forward to another trip on the quad down the beach with you chasing croakers! (remember that WSB or Totuava that swam up and down the beach teasing us... LOL)
I remember that afternoon very well Bob. TODAY I used only the cane for the FIRST time without walker or wheelchair. I went to two banks, the auto parts store, Loew's and out to lunch then to my insurance agent up and down a 20 step flight of stairs, all with just the aid of my cane on my temp fake leg. New leg should arrive before the end of the month. Tight Lines amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-17-2018, 04:07 PM   #5
oceansdyaker
Junior

Keep up the good work Bob!

Glad to see your on your feet again and using the cane to walk around. I will see you in camp on the 15th and for the next two weeks after. Don't catch all the fish. Leave some for the rest of us!
oceansdyaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 04:11 PM   #6
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceansdyaker View Post
Glad to see your on your feet again and using the cane to walk around. I will see you in camp on the 15th and for the next two weeks after. Don't catch all the fish. Leave some for the rest of us!
To bee sure, I will leave a few for you guys, the big roosters are too much for me anymoore. But the smaller stuff better watch out, Mako's back in town.
Tight Lines amigos.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN