Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Bass Fishing Discussion

Old 05-18-2020, 10:55 AM   #1
Revoguys

Bass fishing in SD

Hello fellow BWE anglers,

With some of the lakes opening up in San Diego county I wanted to take advantage and start honing in on my bass fishing skills. So far I’ve only been successful with the fat ika baits, setting up with a weighted weedless hook while rigging it backwards. Other than that no success with senko, poppers or crankbaits. I know there’s a ton of different rigs and baits out there and starting this thread for guys that are trying to make that transition from salt to freshwater and be successful in it. Would love to hear from everyone on different baits and set ups that you’ve been successful with. Thanks and hope everyone is staying safe!
Revoguys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 12:53 PM   #2
chris138
donkey roper

Try a drop shot rigged roboworm, Margarita Mutilator, Morning Dawn, Arrons Magic are all colors that get bit in our lakes.

I also do well with finesse football jigs, beaver or split tail trailers. Browns, green pumpkins, purples.

There's not a lot of info about LMB fishing here. Try SDFish.com they have TONS of threads on bass fishing at all the lakes in SD.

Hope that helps.
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:36 PM   #3
Revoguys

[QUOTE=chris138;307042]Try a drop shot rigged roboworm, Margarita Mutilator, Morning Dawn, Arrons Magic are all colors that get bit in our lakes.

Chris great stuff man thank you for your response!! How do you personally like to hook your robo worms on a drop shot, Wacky rigged or nose hooked?
Old 05-20-2020, 12:47 PM   #4
chris138
donkey roper

Nose hooked good luck!
chris138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 08:37 PM   #5
Revoguys

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris138 View Post
Nose hooked good luck!
Thank you brotha 👍🏾
Old 06-04-2020, 12:39 PM   #6
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
I don’t know if this will help. Check out Tactical Bassin’ on Utube. These guys are amazing. They put out a new video about 3 days a week.
Having grown up in SoCal and 10 minutes from Castaic, I learned alot with time on the water (40 years Living in Santa Clarita), however due to my back injuries I was not able to get out as much as I liked before moving up here (NorCal).
Now understand these guys home waters is Clear lake but travel to other lakes all around the country to get a sense of what fishing is like elsewhere and the different tactics needed. Some amazing information.
Their videos I’ve watched have given me new perspective on how to fish when I’m confused. They also have some amazing underwater videos of artificial lures in action and bass reactions to them.
The best thing is that these guys aren’t sponsored so no incessant product plugging of manufacturers like so many others.
Since I live relatively close to these guys (Rohnert Park, little over 1 hour away from Clear Lake) I hope to run into these guys someday.
Also check out Flukemaster, Out West with Chris & Yankee Tanker’s (also based up here in NorCal) videos for info.
I hope this helps you some
Tight lines Robert (aka FFY)
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 07:57 PM   #7
Revoguys

[QUOTE=FlyFishinYakr;307723] thank you Robert, yea everything helps. I’ll defin check them out! I appreciate the help. Tight lines hope your back gets better