Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2011, 04:21 AM   #1
danjor

Fishing NPH Thursday may 5th

Hello,
Im new to the forums and sorts new to kayak fishing. Have been fishing the freshwater lakes around so cal for a few months and been to mission bay once. So im interested in fishing Newport harobor tomorow if anyone wants to join me would enjoy some company and some know how about fishing salt water. Thinking of many launching around 6am. Let me know if you want to join me.
danjor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
tagyak

just heard on the radio that there was a sewer line that broke in newport. not sure where exactly but some of the beaches are closed.
you may want to check out this condition before heading out there. if not newport try dana point.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #3
danjor

It sounds like from what i read online that the spill was outside the harbor somwhere by the pier. So from my understanding everywhere inside should be open still.
But im going to wait and see if anyone wants to go with me. I would like to maby venture outside the harbor too if i can find somone to go with.
I am open to going somewhere else like if someone is going somewhere else and doesnt mind me tagging along with them. La Jolla could be a option to check out too but i have never launched in the surf so that could be intresting haha.
Old 05-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #4
cjthomas

I was at Newport Harbor yesterday afternoon by Lido island and everything looked good.
cjthomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:12 PM   #5
speedydk

Send a message via Yahoo to speedydk
I might do the afternoon/evening shift.
Darren
speedydk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 12:40 PM   #6
danjor

Where is a good place to launch in newport? I have some wheels that I made for my yak but they are a work in progress so I don't want to treck too far on land with my kayak to the water from where I park.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:47 PM   #7
StinkyMatt

Coast Guard beach. search it on this site and maps should come up. Free, easy access.
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 07:48 PM   #8
danjor

Okay so I will be launching out of the coast guard station beach at newport around 530am-6am. Hopefully it will be a great day on the water. Just finished makeing wheels for my kayak so I can make it across the sand.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:23 AM   #9
tagyak

Quote:
Originally Posted by danjor View Post
Just finished makeing wheels for my kayak so I can make it across the sand.
by the time you read this; you may have learned that if you don't have those wheelez or "big wheel toy" wheels, it is very difficult to roll across sand. the regular wheels sink and then of course, you're stuck.

but i think the coast guard station had some renovations done to the launch site, i think their is a cement walk path from the parking to the launch. let us know how it is.
tagyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 09:20 AM   #10
danjor

Well im on the water. No bites reply so im prob doing somethig wrong.fought some bait fish but that's bout t. Useing plastics lures and live bait. Nothig working for me