Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2011, 10:09 PM   #1
zenyoungkoh
Junior

Marina del rey harbor

Hi guys,
I did some searching for fishing around MDR, but it wasnt good because the sytem does not allowed to search 3 characters words and less... and MDR = 3 words. and del rey too LOL. Anyways do you guys have tips on where to launch? Where to fish? and Is it safe to cross the channel in the middle of the harbor on a yak?
zenyoungkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:36 PM   #2
cappo
Junior

There are 2 places to launch and another sketchy place also. You can go to the public launch Ramp, costs like $7. Its on Fiji Way. Its a 15-20min paddle to the breakwall. The other place is from Mothers beach off of Palawan Way. The paddle is much longer though. http://maps.google.com/maps?q=90292&...90292&t=h&z=18

This place is close to the breakwall, just east of the bridge. But you will be launching from Ballona Creek (sewage runoffs).
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=90292&...90292&t=h&z=20

You can fish the inside the breakwall for bass or the outside for bigger models, just watch the swells. Its perfectly fine to fish inside the channel just stick to either side of the jettys and stay out of the middle lanes.
cappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:59 PM   #3
zenyoungkoh
Junior

I'll most likely be targeting docks for spotted bay bass, thanks for the infos, i'll most likely launch at the mother's beach.
zenyoungkoh is offline   Reply With Quote