Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

My 2015 Alaska Kayak Fishing Highlight video

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Well it’s a little anti-climatically after putting together my son, Ryu’s 2015 highlights.

But I had my share of moments this year as well. After ending 2014 with a 4 month streak of catching a king salmon from a kayak here in Alaska, I ultimately catching a king for 14 consecutive months.

I caught numerous halibut salmon using a Kiddie rod and got some decent underwater footage.

Still the highlight of the year was gaining my son as a bonafide kayak angling partner. I also got to fish with a quite few new folks this year. I hope that trend continues in 2016.

Got to fish with Nick from these forums this year. Offer is always open if you make it up to Alaska to fish!

https://youtu.be/PQQ_MszBQ2Y
Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 11:05 AM   #2
Cruiser!
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kardinal_84 View Post
Happy New Year everyone!!!

Well it’s a little anti-climatically after putting together my son, Ryu’s 2015 highlights.

But I had my share of moments this year as well. After ending 2014 with a 4 month streak of catching a king salmon from a kayak here in Alaska, I ultimately catching a king for 14 consecutive months.

I caught numerous halibut salmon using a Kiddie rod and got some decent underwater footage.

Still the highlight of the year was gaining my son as a bonafide kayak angling partner. I also got to fish with a quite few new folks this year. I hope that trend continues in 2016.

Got to fish with Nick from these forums this year. Offer is always open if you make it up to Alaska to fish!

https://youtu.be/PQQ_MszBQ2Y
Sick!!!

Planning a 2 week fishing trip up there in june.
Cruiser! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
2-Stix

Barbie!!!!!
2-Stix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM   #4
Geno Machino
"Relax"

AWESOME!!!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
fishja

Looks like you had a great year!!! Congrats on the king salmon streak, that's quite an accomplishment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 12:41 PM   #6
taggermike

Great video, great catches, and great king streak.

As for your flying sinker issue. Perhaps using a large strong easily opened clip would allow you to remove the sinker quickly with one hand. Remove the sinker before harpooning. It would be an extra step but might be worth it if it could save a KO, broken nose, or knocked out teeth. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 01:02 PM   #7
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

Awesome video, I always enjoy seeing footage from Alaska fisheries.

WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2016, 05:22 PM   #8
octico

Very nice!
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:53 AM   #9
Aquahunter
Crazy Deaf Cuban Redneck

My wife and I will be in Alaska from July 4th to 11th, I would love to fish with you!

Old 01-06-2016, 12:00 PM   #10
Kardinal_84
Alaskan Lurker

Thanks all.

For those saying you will be up in Alaska, let me know as the dates get close. I have more PTO days than I can possibly use...unfortunately there is a reason I can't use them. My work can be insane. But obviously I fish a lot so it shouldn't be too hard to match up schedules.

I have an extra kayak on the days I don't have my kids. But we can also rent one or borrow one possibly if we can plan ahead of time. It also depends on your transportation capabilities but once again, that's just a matter of planning.

I really enjoy fishing with new folks and even if we are short a kayak, the long summer days allows for two long shifts as the tide shifts. Once again I am not a guide so no guarantees out catching. The summer days especially can be inconsistent (not to be confused with Jan-March which is consistently slow...btu always the chance). The good news though since I am not a guide, there is no obligation or cost.

C'mon up! Lets fish!!
Kardinal_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2016, 08:04 AM   #11
Aquahunter
Crazy Deaf Cuban Redneck

I'll be in town (Seward) on the 4th of July and will be traveling for a week til anchorage which we will be flying out on either 11 or 12th