Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
bumblebeetuna
Junior

Noooob alert! who can talk about kayak fishing for hours? ive got time

Hello i have just gotten into kayak fishing and im hooked. no pun intended. I go out on my friends kayak that i can use whenever but its not good enough i want my own!! Im not looking to spend a lot of money just for the fact that i dont have it but i do have some necessities. Im 6' 5" 280 my center of balance is very high. i ride a malibu xl triple comfortably with a couple scary moments but im getting more comfortable each time out. But i see some of the yaks on here for sale and just wondering how much trouble im gonna have on a skinnier model like some hobies i see (not that i can afford it) but im just interested in all the information you guys are willing to lend. I dont mind paddling, as of right now I would prefer to paddle rather than pedal just because i love being able to travel over the kelp.

I target game fish mostly out of la jolla, been fishing there my whole life with an open ear every time i fish to learn it all, I thought all i needed to do was just get on a kayak with no engine noise and the yellows and wsb would just instinctively flock like the salmon of capistrano into my yak. Oh boy how I was wrong but im ready to put in the hours on the water to enjoy this to its fullest.

I have found this site extremely useful I constructed a bait tube from the information from here and macks lived the whole trip FIVE HOURS! only had three left but they took off with tons of energy!! Awesome guys!!!

Ive noticed the difference in the yakkers attitudes compared to the majority of other fishing. Seems like everyone likes to help everyone, I am starting to understand why. What better life is there than a life of a kayak fisherman?

thanks guys, good luck and tight lines.
josh
bumblebeetuna is offline   Reply With Quote