Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
MrPatrick

Shelter Island 9-14

Met up with fisher 4 life, scion619 and finyak before dawn. Really nice guys, would fish with any of them again. The bite was slow but that was to be expected with the temp jump. Mixed bag of spotties, lizards, calico and a "spandie". A spot/sand bass hybrid that was very ugly. And it wouldn't be a shelter trip without a least one sculpin. We drifted to the bait barge area and the Navy asked us to move. I went to where I thought he wanted us to go. I must have guessed wrong because the others moved just a little bit. I looked back and they went the other way. Sorry guys. The wind picked up and as I was the lone paddler, I decided to go in.

Hope to fish with any or all of you again soon.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
KatFish

I wanted to go today but ya'll left to early my daughter doesn't get on the bus till 9:00 I can't be there till 9:39 that and I would need help getting my yak off the car.... Owell but glad u had fun
KatFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM   #3
sdfishman

I see a day off in the near future I'll have to head out with you guys..
sdfishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 06:59 PM   #4
finyak

No worries Mr. Patrick.We ended up going all the way to the point and it was windy with a strong current,very tough fishing.But not as tough as the peddle back it was B-R-U-T-A-L,at one one point I found myself going straight down the middle of the channel.I haven't worked my legs that hard since I did the Tecate to Ensenada bike ride some 25 years ago.
How much are those sails again?
I'am ready for Tidelands.
Hey kat you should of given us a heads up we didn't make past the SI pier until after 1000am we could have given you a hand with your yak.Then we could have followed you to your secret Halibut spot.
Our bait's got raked but we didn't pick up any hali's.
Well I gotta go rub some kool-n-fit on the legs.
Until next time tight lines and stay safe.

Finyak
finyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:22 PM   #5
MrPatrick

Kat

The next one may be tidelands and coordinating help for a BWE member will be no problem. If/when we go again we ca arrange for some one to assist you. I can vouche for Kat, she's fun to fish with.
MrPatrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:48 PM   #6
Scion619

Yes frank totally brutal on the way back!!!! Man it was crazy going back. Not much on the plastics today but once we switched to live bait I got some crazy hits .. Oh well we'll get them next time guys. I'm thinking tidelands next week who wants to go?
Scion619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
KatFish

Thanks Guys! The hubby's gonna take me to Shelter Island on Sunday. Your more than welcome to come! I personally dont go past the bait barge lol my legal Hali spot is is plain sight I can most diffantly be amusing to fish with lol I can be very dramatic at times. I like launching from the beach much better! Well maybe I'll see some of you out there. Yeah if I ever go out on a school day I'll put the yak on my car. I'm not strong enough or tall enough to put on or off by myself if I have his truch I have no problem. I CAN'T WAIT TO CATCH LOBSTER!!!!!
Old 09-15-2012, 08:29 AM   #8
tehburninator

ello kat feesh! i'm headed there tommorrow morning 9/16 trying to launch off shelter island launch ramp before it gets crowded with boaters and spectators (trying to get parking close to the ramp) what time were you and your husband headed out, i'd love to get some help and tips from someone who's been out there thanks in advance
tehburninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:32 AM   #9
KatFish

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehburninator View Post
ello kat feesh! i'm headed there tommorrow morning 9/16 trying to launch off shelter island launch ramp before it gets crowded with boaters and spectators (trying to get parking close to the ramp) what time were you and your husband headed out, i'd love to get some help and tips from someone who's been out there thanks in advance

We will be out there about 7:00-7:15 we will launch from beach area. Hope to see you there my name is Kat hubby's is Mike We have the big red truck with hobies on it!
Old 09-15-2012, 11:40 AM   #10
tehburninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatFish View Post
We will be out there about 7:00-7:15 we will launch from beach area. Hope to see you there my name is Kat hubby's is Mike We have the big red truck with hobies on it!
ok doke. not sure where the beach area you speak of is, i'll be attempting to launch from the boat launch since im familiar with it, but more then happy to join you on your beach launch if you give me a address where to meet. i'll be loaded up in a blue blazer with a tan kayak. fishing plastics all day. probably going to be there at 6 just to get good parking. see ya out there, feel free to text or call me when your there 858 537 7948 (no body booty call me please! im not that type of service )
Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #11
mtnbykr2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehburninator View Post
ok doke. not sure where the beach area you speak of is, i'll be attempting to launch from the boat launch since im familiar with it, but more then happy to join you on your beach launch if you give me a address where to meet. i'll be loaded up in a blue blazer with a tan kayak. fishing plastics all day. probably going to be there at 6 just to get good parking. see ya out there, feel free to text or call me when your there 858 537 7948 (no body booty call me please! im not that type of service )
The beach Kat is talking about is to the left of the boat ramp, you go right by it as you are pulling into the ramp...
Old 09-15-2012, 02:35 PM   #12
tehburninator

Got it. Will be there in the am
Old 09-17-2012, 12:28 PM   #13
fisher_4_life

Great to meet you too MrPatrick. I would love to hit up tidelands with you guys. I haven't fished down there in a long time.
fisher_4_life is offline   Reply With Quote