Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 02:45 PM   #1
CurtyL

Wheels stolen from LJ launch.

Did a dumb thing today. Trusted people. Left my wheels unlocked at the LJ launch over by the platform (trying to be a decent guy and not hog up what little launch space was available with my 4X). Launched at 7am, came back at 12, and they were gone. I will buy a new set. I will leave them unlocked again. This time I will watch fom a covered position. The misery I will reap on the poor fool who takes them will be of biblical proportions. It's gonna be fun .
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 02:49 PM   #2
fishinkid2010

I hate thieves! I've had a paddle stolen before myself. I hope you get them back.
You ought to figure out a way to rig your new wheels with a paint bomb like banks use. haha
fishinkid2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 05:46 PM   #3
rogersmith

keep an eye on Craigslist, bet they turn up there
rogersmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 06:18 PM   #4
Whizz Bang

Too bad the webcam doesnt have a 24 hr recording loop. That would have been very convenient. Sorry about your loss.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:01 PM   #5
taggermike

I hate that sort of BS. I've had so much of my stuff ripped off over the years, surf boards, wet suits, bikes, skate boards, f'n pairs of shoes, tools, dive gear, basketballs at the gym. Why do shit heads think they have a right to your things. I should learn to let it go but it bugs the shit out of me and, to my detrement, I always put it in to my lowest common denominator. It goes like this; if those wheels cost $200 and you make $10/hour then it took 20 hours of your life to EARN those wheels. And now you don't have them. Some POS does. That POS just stole 20 hours of your life that you could have done some thing else with. The piss of is that the legal punishment for steeling a kayak cart is about nothing, I would guess. The punishment for assault after laying in wait could be years in prison. Now I'm pissed all over again. If I happen to be at the LJ launch when your "sting" comes together "I aint seen nothing" brother. Mike
taggermike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:03 PM   #6
bender0240

Wheels

Dude, today at 2pm I dropped off my kayak to go park. When I got back to my kayak some Hobie wheels had been placed on my kayak by someone. Looked around but didn't see anyone so I placed them over by the big log pillars where people tie wheels up. Didn't even think to look when I left later. I would go back and see if they're still where I put them if I were you. I wish I would have grabbed them now, but I couldn't know if it was someones' who was still out. I have a good feeling they're still out there.
bender0240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 09:48 PM   #7
CurtyL

thanks tagger. I'm with you, I have a serious allergy to assholes. if the "sting" ever comes together, you'll never even know about it, neither will anyone else. thats how folks of my "psychological disposition" operate.
CurtyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
Aquahunter
Crazy Deaf Cuban Redneck

Has the wheels been found?
Aquahunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 09:33 AM   #9
LipYanker
Have rods, will travel!

I'm always nervous when I leave my yak at the launch to park or go get the truck. Never know what expensive piece of gear could go missing and ruin my day. Thankfully nothing has yet. Good luck out there!