Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-20-2011, 08:22 PM   #21
GregAndrew

Hey, anybody know where I can set up my tent near the launch? I heard that 1 guy got 1 YT, so I took 2 weeks off to pound it hard. Lets see, they were at the NW Corner a couple days ago, that should put them somewhere between the border and Malibu tomorrow.
GregAndrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 08:35 PM   #22
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

hot bite hot bite hot bite

hahahaha, you guys act like la jolla is the only place there are fish, it's a known hot spot posting a report is not going to bring everyone out because there is always more then 1 person out there catching, and BWE and BD are not the only sites in the world. I've only gone down there once since Jan. and there is still fresh WSB and even some YT in my freezer. Do I report my findings, no. Does that make me an A$$hole, or selfish, I dont care. I used to post reports the day of and even from the water, then I noticed a lot more PB and have almost been run down too many times to count.Is it my fault? maybe I contributed or confirmed to someone else and everyone showed up. None the less I have spent a lot of hours paddling, drowning macs and squids, to find the locations that produce to just post up a photo and a report only to have a bunch of people that have no respect for the safety of others move in. I have however told people that I know will have respect for our addiction, some quality spots and even passed out some gps#. Yes times have changed, yes the ocean is getting smaller, yes it may get smaller in Oct, yes the days of posting timely reports are fading,but so are the guys who keep secrets. With the implementation of the MLPA we all are going to have to change how and where we fish. For those of you "that are out in lj year round," sorry to steal 1 day from you. Thumbs up to all all those who post the timely reports, Avery, Skiffman, you guys give me hope for the weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregAndrew View Post
Hey, anybody know where I can set up my tent near the launch? I heard that 1 guy got 1 YT, so I took 2 weeks off to pound it hard. Lets see, they were at the NW Corner a couple days ago, that should put them somewhere between the border and Malibu tomorrow.
I'll tell you where if we can cuddle

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
Aaron&Julie

Nice, can I cuddle?
Aaron
Old 08-20-2011, 09:33 PM   #24
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Wow...I feel like chit now, even though I am still trying to figure out where I lay in this conundrum...

So I am late in reporting this, and I did not have a fish finder, nor do I pedal a yak. Alas, I am guilty of not posting, not for fear of being chastised, and not for fear of if someone told me about the 'bite', which no one did. Figured it out by myself.

So, 2 weeks ago, oh wow...the bite was off the hook.

Late stroll, the lad wanted to get some ocean time in. While he was body surfing the nice kinds, I was catching perch...big boys, enough for a taco dinner. Incidental catches of corbs only stoked our fire, we ended up having not only fish tacos, corb ceviche as well.

So obviously we headed out the next day, but timed it better with the tides, and planned to stay at our "secret" spot later to time the tide.
Changed tactics to load up on our target fish for dinner, and were not disappointed...only got 1 perch, released, we focused on the right *kind* actually I was disappointed since I did not best Clay's biggest corb, mine came it at 20", short by 4" of his PB...so yes I was pissed, he still has bragging rights. But, I did catch 3, smallest being 17"...and, I outfished him, yes it DOES happen, though very infrequent...off to the local market for onions and limes, our garden provided us with the tomatoes, scallions, peppers, and we had the garlic...we always have the garlic...
epic dinner of ceviche with chips and nothing else, and we still could not finish our meal...

I know, I know, BS without pics...rest assured I have them.

Water temp - warm
Current - just right
Location - So Cal
Bait - sand crabs, but I'm not gonna tell you that the big boys didn't produce, the little ones with the iddy biddy egg sacks did, so don't ask, and I'm not gonna tell you what size hook or how many we put on the hook.
Talent - eh, so-so, couple fine specimens

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 10:30 PM   #25
Whizz Bang

Aaron:

Your Reply, with mine of course:

You: Time's change

Me: Exactly, learn the PM.

You: I'm not sure you know who I had "issues" with, it certainly wasn't Skiffman, regardless of how many timely reports he's posted.

Me: Yep, got that one too, you were directing your comment at DeepDvr.
Who, AGAIN, is the nicest guy I know on the water.

You: I don't recall mentioning anything about PBers running over lines, but who wants that anyway?

Me: You do, with your "timely report". The problem is that your beloved "timely report" causes just that. You post it on this site, PBers read it, PM (because they know how to), and then it is a zoo.

You: I stated, not all fish-finder peddling kayak fishermen are that way. Some are still genuine and report what they catch right away, not a month later to show how well they scored for their own ego's sake. Year's back this website (and others), fishermen posted what was happening in our jewel, not a month later.

Me: Got it. You want PBers running over your lines. Get off the couch, or out of the cubicle and fish.

You: It just seems to me (maybe I'm alone), that the new generation would like nothing more to than have Josh show them how, go out, catch fish, and keep it among themselves, thereby giving them more opportuntity to repeat it in the next few days, before anyone really finds out about the "bite". Kudos to you.

Me: You misspelled opportunity. Also, if you want to know what is going on, PM someone, hell PM me. I will tell you what I know and do my damndest to get you on a fish. Again, I hate the timely report because it goes out into the ether where PBers read it, then they run over your lines and the school of yellows you have been tailing for 20 minutes.
And leave Josh out of it, he is a hell of a fisherman, no matter what I say about him.

You: I liked this website a lot better when Iceman, Katchfish, Arne, Madscientist, Pat, etc., would let you know what was going on, than the current trend.

Me: Times change. Do a search on all the "old school" guys you love and see how many timely reports they have posted recently. There seems to be a progression on this site. First, you post everything. Then, you only post the special, then you progress to not posting much of anything unless it is old enough to have allowed for a change in the pattern. You start as a lurker, you end as a lurker.

You: So, you've got lots of friends that will let you in on the "secret". Good for you. I paddle, even though I'm probably twice your age, without fish-finder (for now), and be happy when I catch fish. I'll still enjoy our ocean.

Me: I am 33, although I feel 43 ( I blame the job). Again, they are great guys, but they are unwilling to wait around for Neptune to cough up a fish retarded enough to bite. They use finders, they study patterns, they fish for themselves and do NOT wait for someone else to do the pattern analysis for them. They swap technique with abandon, try the new, test the old, and do everything in their power to learn from every trip. No "Secret", time on the water......that is it, time on the water. More of that and less waiting around for the timely report and you would not care what someone posts, unless it is something that is gonna have repercussions (i.e. PBers running over your lines from a timely report).

You: And I won't feel any remorse in not informing other kayak fishermen when I can help.

Me: You should have left off the not, as it stands, this statement has a double negative going on. Anyways, I know what you meant to say, and I agree. I just do it with the PM, the fish report I will save for the new guys, and the special.

You: Aaron not so LMFAO

Me: Still LMFAO, but seriously, PM me if you are headed out, I will give you everything I know.
Whizz Bang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:04 PM   #26
johnnybingbong
Junior

To SKIFFMAN!!!!

Sorry Dude, time has changed. Leave ERIC alone he's a really nice guy. And leave it for the kayakers and Plus this is a kayak site (SKIFFMAN).......
johnnybingbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:20 PM   #27
dorado50

ok ok I'lltalk. dorado being caught off nw corner! And I told a school of yt to stay put until tomorrow morning......
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 11:21 PM   #28
dorado50

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnybingbong View Post
Sorry Dude, time has changed. Leave ERIC alone he's a really nice guy. And leave it for the kayakers and Plus this is a kayak site (SKIFFMAN).......

what is this world coming to.........
Old 08-20-2011, 11:39 PM   #29
Aaron&Julie

Thanks Whizz Bang, did I spell that correctly?

I don't know what I'd do with myself with all my grammatical errors.

I must sound like an idiot with such.

I appreciate your offer of PMs. Hell, with my luck lately, I'd appreciate anybodies (did I spell that correctly?) offer.

You are so right, with everything you said. I'm a minority, here. I'll be sure not to post for a month whenever I catch fish.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:50 PM   #30
Whizz Bang

Aaron,

We are all good, however, I would not forget the all important ' as in.....
anybody's offer OR anybodies' offer.

Tight lines.
Old 08-20-2011, 11:55 PM   #31
Aaron&Julie

I'm not dissing Josh, he's a great fisherman, no denying.

I wonder why all of the "old schoolers" left, is all?

I'd rather go skunked, than be on "it", with the new generation.

Don't bother replying Whizz Bang, with all of your hot spots. We'll just love La Jolla without you, or fish finders or peddling devices. Sure, we might catch less fish, so what?
Old 08-20-2011, 11:59 PM   #32
bigbarrels

sooo freakin lame
Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #33
Whizz Bang

Got it, but I will reply anyway. I have nothing against you. My offer stands, I love to see Yakkers get on fish. You and I just have a fundamentally different view on how to disseminate that information.

The "new" generation aren't bad people, even if some of them choose not to post.

As for the question of where the "old schoolers" went? My best guess is that they are still checking this site, it is just that most of them choose to no longer post the timely report.....or report at all. Their reasons are their own.
Old 08-21-2011, 12:40 AM   #34
Aaron&Julie

Agreed.

I wasn't implying, people must post, and they are bad people. Just that some post way after the fact. What is that point?

Lame? Don't bother reading.

Whizz Bang, I've got no problem with your interpretations. Tight lines.

Aaron
Old 08-21-2011, 04:26 AM   #35
dorado50

Another great post "ruined"............damnit
Old 08-21-2011, 07:45 AM   #36
J Ghio
Junior

Kelvin how dare you posting you caught a fish on a fishing web site
J Ghio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 07:47 AM   #37
Iceman
Administrator

The stoke is now all about the stroke...............post accordingly I will clean up this post when I get more than a minute!
Old 08-21-2011, 07:56 AM   #38
landwhale

I have been sick awhile and not up to keeping up with the KAYAK AND FISHING NEWS that used to be available on the internet and this site what happened to the days when we shared our techniques and information.

landwhale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 08:40 AM   #39
Aaron&Julie

Quote:
Originally Posted by landwhale View Post
I have been sick awhile and not up to keeping up with the KAYAK AND FISHING NEWS that used to be available on the internet and this site what happened to the days when we shared our techniques and information.
I'm sick, too.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #40
DanaPT

tough crowd. . .

In the camp of sharing what you want to share. Others who keep it to themselves, no one is "hating" on you. If you don't want to share, don't share.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote