Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 07-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #21
YakMedic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
Again, the point we would like to drive home is post what you want or don't. Criticizing other contributing members for what they share or choose not to share will get you shit canned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lambadmin View Post
Yes indeed.

Comment removed; user banned for 1 week. If such comments continue, we’ll ban permanently. We will not tolerate any BS.

Avery, thanks!!
Very cool guys... You move with a swift hand. Good looking out for the kayak fishing community.
YakMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #22
mtnbykr2

let's get back to it
Old 07-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #23
blazian

Finally

Finally, we have a forum that is back to normal, instead of a bunch of asshats trying to keep all fish to themselves. I'm guessing they aren't very happy now. heheheheheheh
blazian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:09 PM   #24
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazian View Post
Finally, we have a forum that is back to normal, instead of a bunch of asshats trying to keep all fish to themselves. I'm guessing they aren't very happy now. heheheheheheh
There is a much different feeling on the boards at this time now. A much more relaxed welcome feeling again.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #25
wiredantz
Currently @ MLO Territory

ICeman

Team: Disbanded
You only have one chance in this life...make the right decision(s)...so you don't regret it
wiredantz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 08:49 PM   #26
BigBalsa
Junior

I continue to log time OTW but have yet to "pop the cherry", so every little bit of advice helps. Thanks to all the unselfish posts out there. Hopefully a catch soon, and I'll be able to share a post with a PIC!

Keep the spirit of the pursuit true.
BigBalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:13 AM   #27
cajunman

As an long time member, ( not as much kayaking as i would like) I also would like to thank the moderators for taking this step. This is a great board and will continue to be
rich
cajunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 07:34 AM   #28
Iceman
Administrator

Holy crap Cajunman resurfaces! Long time know see Rich............who's next Lifeguardguy? Fishinmagician???????
Old 07-03-2012, 08:20 AM   #29
swinginFish

resurfacing ....

Yo Rich! Get off that boat and get some exercise! As for "resurfacing", note that Tobey's in town, and with a little persuasion, perhaps we can arrange an OTW rendezvous and share fish stories over some ..... ibuprofin!

Avery
swinginFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #30
cajunman

actually been traveling ( camping a lot) checking out places to retire. Been bringing the Yak along and getting in some nice fishin. Last one was a week a Morro Bay, filled up on rockfish.

Tell tobey hi and to give me a call too. Iceman, thanks for the acknowledgement

rich
Old 07-03-2012, 11:30 AM   #31
Enceladus

My only regret is that I haven't had a post worthy of warranting any intimidation. Some day, tho...someday...
Enceladus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:26 PM   #32
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Holy crap Cajunman resurfaces! Long time know see Rich............who's next Lifeguardguy? Fishinmagician???????
Wow if you can get those two back on here it would almost be like old times. Don't forget Tom Booth too.
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #33
swinginFish

Roll call ...

Sammons?! Woa, what's happening here? Can't help but wonder which of the other aging knuckleheads continue to lurk on the outskirts?

A "fresh breeze" indeed!
Old 07-03-2012, 03:27 PM   #34
Siebler

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing! Rich sold me my very first kayak, a Cobra Explorer.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 04:28 PM   #35
Jimm H

Right On, Avery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
Wow if you can get those two back on here it would almost be like old times. Don't forget Tom Booth too.
Jim: Tom Booth sold his La Jolla house and moved to Lake Tahoe two year ago. ( I still talk to him periodically). Of course, if you have legal/criminal problems he's still your best bet at a defense attorney (knowing how you've mellowed, Jim, you probably won't need his number as much as I thoought you would in the th "old days"

Adam K. (FishinMagician) got MARRIED, and is a volunteer member of the SD Mountain Rescue unit.

Last I heard, Brian the LGG was fishing bass tournaments, but that was some time ago.

Funny how most of the guys that pioneered kayak fishing in La Jolla has moved on to fishing elsewhere, own boats now, etc. I launched from the shores on my kayak a month or so ago for the first time in a year and some guy asked me if I needed any advise on getting out. i told him I've got close to 600 launches there, so no... he then started asking me about things and we talked to for about 10 minutes. There used to be a lot of sharing and a lot of radio chatter on 71. Now, a lot of silence.

It used to be reports contained time, depth, hook type, line size, leader, bait type and size, water clarity, conditions, signs, etc. Last couple of years seems to be a photo followed by a lot of "nice catch"... "nice fish" atta boys.

Thanks for taking a stand supporting a return to informative reports

Jimm H
Old 07-03-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
Iceman
Administrator

Doctor Gary?
Old 07-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #37
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Johnny Ceviche, anyone?

Do miss the old days of fresh on the water reports...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #38
cajunman

ah J. Cervechie paddling in from an all night fishing trip while we were going out
Old 07-03-2012, 11:06 PM   #39
swinginFish

Roll Call!

Geez, let's take a walk (or is it paddle - no, peddle) down memory lane.

Jimm H - Was hoping you'd be lurking out there. Thought of you recently given the fresh report of a GW cruising around again. Recall the banter at grey light between you and Tom a day after a shark report years back, i.e., Tom: "If we see something, what should we do?" You: "Paddle fast." Tom: "How fast?" You: "Just faster than Avery - he's somewhere behind us".

Ahh, friends...

Yep, we truly did enjoy a distinct comeraderie back then. As for Johnny Ceviche, I'll never forget seeing him surf a small LJ wave in on his OK SP. It was around 8 AM - think it was this time of year and at least a decade in the past. I was just about to paddle out, and upon seeing Johnny, was concerned he'd pearl given how low his yak was in the water. He didn't, and as he got closer to shore I realized what was up, i.e., he had two large YT's and an even bigger WSB strewn across his bow! Epic Johnny (For those unfamiliar with Mssr. Ceviche, you've a fine Google/YouTube journey ahead if interested). Hey, you out there Johnny? Wonder who else is lurking out there? C-level? Trout? Pat? Al?

Roll call!
Old 07-04-2012, 06:14 AM   #40
Montesdad
Grey Haired Senior Member

Thank you Mods - appreciate your contribution to the site and our sport.