Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
stephenG

Dana Pt. 2/3

Launched late at about 9am. Bait barge had only small anchovies and since I just have a bait tube I skipped on that. Cruised out of the harbor to flat seas so headed over to the headlands kelp. Tossed a variety of plastic for not even a strike all around the outside edge of the kelp. Met up with Charlie who had managed a single sand bass from beside a lobster pot. We headed over to the pipe in about 45-55 foot of water and still not even a bite. Had a Super Bowl party to get to so I headed in and what da ya know got a solid bass off the outside jetty on the way in the harbor. Released quickly for another day. Worked the area for a minute but guess he was all alone. Off the water before 2 pm. Over all a very sloooowww day.
stephenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 07:14 AM   #2
DanaPT

Thanks for the report. I hung out at salt creek and spied no yakkers that far north.

I think there is too much going on in the area. Too many birds, seals, dolphin, and whales ALL chasing bait fish. I've seen big schools of spanish macs, sardines and most recently smelt. no problems making bait.

With all the hungry mouths chasing food in the area, I'm guessing the fish are hunkered down in the kelp.
DanaPT is offline   Reply With Quote