Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 AM   #341
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemberlysaver View Post
After using the gold detector professional I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.
That's not an innovation.....or is it

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:47 AM   #342
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemberlysaver View Post
After using the gold detector professional I found that it is really a good device, it can not only help to save time but also can help you to save energy. And besides being used for looking for gold, the gold metal detectors can alao be used to help the archologist in finding treasures and used in many other important places as security tool.
WTF? Can you peddle your wares elsewhere? This is a kayak website. No metal detectors...no cell phones...no Range Rovers... I say anyone with over 2000 posts should be allowed to delete shit posts like this one. "save time by using a gold metal detector"...? Hey Kemberly...
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #343
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

[QUOTE=Deamon; I say anyone with over 2000 posts should be allowed to delete shit posts like this one. "save time by using a gold metal detector"...? Hey Kemberly... [/QUOTE]

F#@kin' A, I agree!

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 08:24 PM   #344
Raskal311

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCJ View Post
PA12 External bow hatch storage. Quick and easy option to stash some stuff during launch or throughout the day!
Thanks for the idea, I'll be doing this this weekend.
Raskal311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 11:50 AM   #345
lterrero
Leo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck D View Post
We'll after a series of events I decided to try adding a bait tank modification to my Hobie Bait tank. I purchased a scupper hole mount for my new fish finder so I could get some accurate reads. Then my Hobie bait tank was missing its drain hole. The water would almost fill up the back of my Outback making it a heavier and sloppy ride. So heres what I did. I figured that if I want to switch back I can always cap the hole.
Chuck, thanks for the tip, good alternative and small squid can run away thru the drain hole? I bet you put a screen..?
lterrero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #346
FishNinjaY

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus kid View Post
So I'm considering a hobie bait tank, but having the the toro sprinkled head holding my transducer in place no water can get out.
so it was time for a change. I came across a guy that made a custom mount for his here,

http://www.yakangler.com/forum/21-lo...son-kayak-cuda

I wondered if anyone ever tried running the transducer to a spot on the bottom near a scupper hole, but then used a heat gun to soften the area, and mold inward an indentation, with a glass bottle? This way the transducer would be recessed and not scrape on the sand or ground? Any thoughts?

Last edited by FishNinjaY; 03-07-2013 at 12:29 PM. Reason: speeling!
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:08 PM   #347
Baitman
Junior

Two reasons not to do that heat gun trick.
One is it won't work. Memory will push back to original shape,,, only with distortion.
Two, you'll weaken the area.
Baitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:10 AM   #348
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishNinjaY View Post
I wondered if anyone ever tried running the transducer to a spot on the bottom near a scupper hole, but then used a heat gun to soften the area, and mold inward an indentation, with a glass bottle? This way the transducer would be recessed and not scrape on the sand or ground? Any thoughts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baitman View Post
Two reasons not to do that heat gun trick.
One is it won't work WRONG Memory will push back to original shape WRONG,,, only with distortion WRONG.
Two, you'll weaken the area WRONG. (Because you can re enforce the area to be actually stronger)

YES I have done this. I had a busted up kayak that I molded the underside of it for a transducer. I got the idea and then practiced on the busted up kayak. It is tricky but possible. I did a total of 4 good and workable indentations. I did not do them near the scupper holes because if it got Fd up it would be too hard to repair. I used a blow torch and a heat gun. NO, memory does not push it back into shape as stated by Baitman. It takes some time because you definately dont want to rush doing it. I decided not to do it on my Malibu only because I dont think it would make a difference since I use an Eagle Cuda FF. If I had a better FF like the Lowrance 5 then I would have done it. If its something that your really considering contact me. I will not do it for you because I dont want to be responsible for your kayak but I will explain exactly how I did it, and did it correctly.

Mike
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:43 PM   #349
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

Something for the guys who fish at night

On a recent vacation to the Caribbean, I saw something that might be of interest to those who fish at night. One of the tourist adventure places took a bunch of clear kayaks and glued some 12V LED Strip lights to the edges of the yaks. They would then take tourists out to check out the night life on the local reefs.

The kayaks could be seen for miles and, according to some people I spoke with who went out on one of these things, the lights worked quite well when it came to illuminating the reefs below.

I did a Google search and discovered that these strip lights are available from dozens of sources in many color temperatures, illumination angles and in both waterproof and regular versions. It would be interesting to see if this idea could be adapted to our kayaks and whether they would prove to be useful out on the open water.

Someone should give this a try.

Bob
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lighted-kayak.jpg (95.6 KB, 1246 views)
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #350
FishNinjaY

I would think that much white LED lighting would mess up your night vision. Sucks for fishing perhaps, but might be good for sightseeing? Cool pic.
FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:07 PM   #351
StinkyMatt

Can you say Squid light?
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #352
tacklebox
I got gas!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StinkyMatt View Post
Can you say Squid light?
Squid light.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:07 PM   #353
silentviper

I've wanted to do something of this sort for my PA14 and mount some strips of led lights underneath the mounting rails as deck lights, i guess you could mount some on the outside of the hull and make all kinds of light show effects (Boat Parade anyone?)

benefit of this stuff is it's waterproof and if you cut it and solder wires in to patch it i heard all you have to do is epoxy it. http://www.amazon.com/300LEDs-multi-...ef=pd_sbs_lg_4
silentviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #354
dsafety
Olivenhain Bob

So who will be the first on the West Coast to give this a try?

You can splice different colors together, (they make red and green for the bow). There are versions that send the light straight out or at a 90 degree angle downwards. There are multiple color temperatures available ranging from the cool, blue/white to warm which is yellowish like a candle flame.

The ones I saw were attached to the hull with something similar to Goop. Since the strips are flexible, almost any adhesive will probably work.

If you really want to get innovative, you could have multiple circuits. One for colored bow and stern lights. Another with a down facing, bait attracting array and a third to just light your way and make your little kayak highly visible at night.

The really cool thing is that since these are LED, they hardly use any juice at all. A full array of lights could run all night, probably multiple nights on a single charge.

If this catches on, I can see the possibility that some kayak manufactures might consider adding recessed mounting grooves, to allow for easy installation, as a feature included in future models.

Bob
dsafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #355
Matar
I am just me.

So I got into the gopro times.
Trying to figure out how to make a pole, and came up with this.
Got a piece of 1-1/4" PVDF pipe and a cap that I had laying around at work.
Looks like it will work.
Put an LED flash light in the pipe, and you have a light pole at night.
The light glow puts off just enough light to see but not to mess up you night vision.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (8.0 KB, 1145 views)
Matar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #356
Cbad Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matar View Post
So I got into the gopro times.
Trying to figure out how to make a pole, and came up with this.
Got a piece of 1-1/4" PVDF pipe and a cap that I had laying around at work.
Looks like it will work.
Put an LED flash light in the pipe, and you have a light pole at night.
The light glow puts off just enough light to see but not to mess up you night vision.
GoPro Light Saber..... I like it.
Cbad Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:30 AM   #357
dorado50

Bob, your led lights idea is awesome! I am in the process of putting leds all around my kayak. I am going to use the red and green theme. I am hoping to get a bunch of yaks together this christmas and put together a kayak parade of lights like they do in SD bay. I'm going to put a blow-up santa on my green stick and maybe an elf or two...... Also thinking of installing under water lights in kayak just like the ones on big boats.
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:59 PM   #358
ericko

I did this to my PA 12 put the lights under the rails and i also made a night light with blue and white led's for when i go hooping been told you can see me from a very far distance... id put up some pictures but just dont know how and to lazy to learn.... I was able to get the lights from JK electronics in westminster.. If you really want pic's i can send them from my phone..

Last edited by ericko; 03-21-2013 at 01:07 PM.
ericko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:10 PM   #359
MrM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericko View Post
I did this to my PA 12 put the lights under the rails and i also made a night light with blue and white led's for when i go hooping been told you can see me from a very far distance... id put up some pictures but just dont know how and to lazy to learn.... I was able to get the lights from JK electronics in westminster.. If you really want pic's i can send them from my phone..
By far the best electronics supply store this side of Orange County. Friendly, helpful, knowledgeable staff. They recently expanded their store as well. I've been going here for 10-15 years it seems.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:01 PM   #360
JarrodMc

I mounted a red LED on the center of my yak for night fishing and that thing is bright. It works pretty well. Wade and CBad Mike have seen it on the water.
JarrodMc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kayak fishing inovations, kayak rigging ideas