Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 PM   #13
Whiteboy

Go to laurel lake most beautiful lake in the area. You can camp for free below it. Just outside of mammoth. Hit hot tubs near benton crossing. Check benton crossing out. (That's a very regulated area make sure you check the dates carefully) check out the mono craters. There's a lot more to see in that area. There's jess farm (think that's the name) alpers breeders. Make sure you hit lundy lake. There is so much history in those montains lots of old mines. My favorite is above Lee Vining. Once you turn off 395 and head up tioga pass look for the signs to boy scout camp. It is one of the coolest mines and views in the entire area. Then don't skip bridge port. There's a lot to see and do there. Go to Bodie it's a bit out of way but best preserved ghost town in the country. Twin lakes. On Tioga pass there are a few lakes. Have had 60 trout days up there. And by day I mean couple hours. June lake loop is cool but follow the streams inbetween the lakes. There's also a lot of rough camp sights around grant lake that are free and very secluded. If you want a trophies brook trout go to walker lake and head up trail head to little sardine. It has produced trophies brookies the past 3 times Ivery been there. All in the 4lb range. Beautiful fish. Grant lake has big German trout. Not many people bother to fish it. Go to Lee Vining campground head to power plant fish stream below that. Also good place to camp. I could just keep going. Spent a whole month there one year riding dirt bikes and fishing best month of my life.
Whiteboy is offline   Reply With Quote