Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 PM   #1
toadstoadsonly

Seabass are Gay!!

Heard some intel about a bite going on up the coast decided to go try my luck out since I have been on a dry spell for the exotics off of the yak on my last few trips. Launched at about 4:30 am took about 5 waves to the face wh en I got turned sideways took a huge breaker sideways and wiped out. About 20 yards out kayak upside down waves crashing over my head finally was able to flip my yak right side up a couple minutes later hopped on and peddled my butt off to get past the danger zone. Make it past all of the breakers opened up my hatches and my yak was 1/3 full of water, pulled out the pump and hand pumped all the water out so I do not sink. Be careful out there guys wear a wader belt and a splash jacket I did not have my wader belt on and my waders had water in it to my knee's if it was not for my splash jacket I think they would of been full of water to the top.

But it was all worth it I stuck it out until about 4:15 pm when I finally hooked and landed my first ghost of the season Yakaholic (Jim) made it look easy. He did not take not 1 breaker to the face, made it out dry, and landed his fish at 8am.

On the way in there were about 30 surfers out catching waves that were funneling we said oh boy here we go. We both got wiped out on the way in, good thing we had everything strapped in.

Oh yea since I got an butt kicking before I finally caught one this season, I am going to start what was started last year SEABASS ARE GAY!

Oh by the way your Camera Phone sucks Jim. LoL

toadstoadsonly is offline   Reply With Quote