Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
5-20

July 4th Kayaking - What's a Cool and Safe Place?

I have a buddy coming down from OC with his kayak in tow on July 4th. He wants to go paddle somewhere in the bay or something like that and check out all of the hot chicks, etx... etx...

I'm definitely gonna have a couple of rods with me, too!

Where can we do this without keeping our heads on a swivel constantly. Really don't like the idea of being out on the 4th in a kayak at all........ but we're thinking there has to be a few "no wake" areas we could paddle around in.

Either MB or SD Bay would be good.

Thanks dudes!!! Gotta get some fish slime on that new XFactor!!!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 11:25 AM   #2
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post
I have a buddy coming down from OC with his kayak in tow on July 4th. He wants to go paddle somewhere in the bay or something like that and check out all of the hot chicks, etx... etx...

Where can we do this without keeping our heads on a swivel constantly. Really don't like the idea of being out on the 4th in a kayak at all........ but we're thinking there has to be a few "no wake" areas we could paddle around in.

Personally I would stick to Mission Bay in the speed controlled area, even there you can have some slight issues, but not much. The launch areas are going to be crowded though.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 PM   #3
MrM

Not to sound like a downer... but...

Do you have a swimming pool near by? Throw your kayak in there. Do a couple laps. Invite some of your hot neighbors over for a BBQ. Throw in some goldfish and a couple kids doing cannon balls in the deep end to simulate waves and you're set.

Being OTW over this weekend is going to suck- I would venture to say- everywhere. Probably at the aforementioned pool, too.

Having that said, no one can predict which one of the two spots you had in mind will be less crowded, yet full of good looking ladies. I can make an educated guess that everywhere will be crowded, with boats and good looking ladies around- Maybe even boats WITH good looking ladies on them. Just get out there, and enjoy the impending traffic/parking/kayaking/swimming/boating nightmare we call the 4th of July. Heck, I wish I could!!!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:47 PM   #4
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5-20 View Post

I can tell you right now that all locations where they may be beaches, even for the bay, people will be arriving as early as possible to save spots, and camp out until the fireworks. It's going to be crazy no matter which bay you go to.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:22 PM   #5
Cadillyak
Team Get $$

I would stay away from SD bay. There are idiot PB's there on a regular basis. So with that said, I can't imagine was the 4th is going to look like. Looks like be fishing vicariously through you Friday. Hope we hook up.
Cadillyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 02:43 PM   #6
flemdogg
Island Blood

Was thinking about doing a very early LJ sesh on the 4th. However, i will be saving it for Sunday which will still be a circus but hopefully not as bad.
Old 07-02-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
5-20

Haha yeah... I think we're gonna scrap the yak idea. I really wasn't in favor of it in the first place. Hanging out at OB with my buddies is gonna be cool enough.

But hey, you guys, holla at me the next time you go out of LaJolla and wouldn't mind me tagging along. I could really use the company of someone who wouldn't mind showing me the ropes of BTB fishing. I'm not looking for any spots or secrets -- but it would be really good having someone point out things I may want to think about or be aware of that'd help me stay reasonably safe and healthy!
5-20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #8
FlyFishinYakr

Location: Nor Cal...30 min from Bodega/Tomales Bay, 1hr from Clear Lake, 2+ hr to Berryessa & the Delta
I will probably wait and maybe try to get a reservation down S.D. Or LJ next Wed.- Fri. This weekend I'll have a pizza some ice cream and make a B-B-Q chicken salad and stay in bed! I'll let every one else have the roads and water!
This way I retain my life and sanity!
I prefer to enjoy the waters a couple days after the holidays so that the fish have a chance to recover from the "Hammering" they're going to experience during a holiday!
FFY
FlyFishinYakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #9
buddha

chula vista

I would go to Chula Vista as you will have the least amount of boat traffic anywhere in san diego bay or mission bay. Not many hot babes around though! If you get there at 6Am that is when it opens and you will find plenty of parking at the launch ramp. I like to launch at bayside park which is off the beach north of the boat ramp. You are not going to find a lot of boat traffic at all but there will be plenty of picnic folks so get there early. Get some ghost shrimp and go for the bonefish.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote