Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 06-19-2018, 07:07 AM   #1
spicolly

***SOLD*** For Sale: 2014 Hobie Outback

Asking $1500.

I am the original owner and am in the Carlsbad area (north SD County).

Full transparency regarding this sale: my yak has been heavily fished, and only in saltwater here in SD County. I will not describe it as “excellent condition”, “barely used it”, “like new”…because it’s not. Yes, there are scratches on it.

Imperfections/Needs Attention:
1) The seat has a 2” tear that I never fixed, but has not increased over the last year (see pic below). I never stitched it or patched it, don’t even know how it happened! But, it hasn’t been an issue or stopped me from catching fish.
2) The Lowrance Elite-4x CHIRP Fishfinder 83/200 kHz + 455/800 kHz does not always power on. I have confirmed with West Marine there is NOTHING wrong with the unit. My guess is the wiring and/or connectors. Once it powers on, it stays on the whole time I am on the water, which can be all day. It powers up each time I have taken it into West Marine, and we’re never able to recreate the issue. After 4 years of use, my guess is the wiring between the battery and unit needs some maintenance. The transponder works very well.

The Good:
The hull (sans scratches) is in great condition. No leaks.
Comes with said fishfinder & battery, Hobie sand wheels for hauling, Hobie bait tank & battery (excellent condition) with two extra rocket launchers already attached (5 total), Hobie Kayak Deep Gear Bucket, Bending Branches paddle, custom wrapped gaff, 2 life vests (std and CO2), VHF radio, hand pump and…great memories!

Last edited by spicolly; 06-30-2018 at 07:36 AM. Reason: Pic's added; price reduced
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 04:46 PM   #2
spicolly

2014 Outback For Sale

Added pic's and decreased price from $1750 to $1500.
spicolly is offline   Reply With Quote