Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 09:38 AM   #1
katchfish
Paddle for Mahi

LJ HIT AND RUN

Launched at 5:00 AM with Holymakeral for a morning quickie.

Found the squid honey hole and made five pieces.

Watched Kelvin and Dave C. hook up and dropped down my first squirt,

BAM ZZZZZZZZZZZZZ, it’s on.

Pulled me toward the hotel with vicious head shakes, then I stuck the beauty. She went 31lb and change.

Dave's yellar

Many others bendo on the way in.....

Happy paddle sunrise. 8)

Hit the beach and made it to my daughter’s Christmas pageant on time.

Now let’s see if I can parlay my good luck into a plasma TV or cash money at the company Christmas party.

Life is good! 8)

Ken
katchfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Holy Mackerel
Señor member

I got skunked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Kelvin for wrapping you up, man that was the longest 15 mins of my life!!! I got two ZZZZZZZZZZZZZINGS!! One a 4 lb sandy, the other a leopard shark. I got a hit reeling up a squid, and one more zing, but I was so tangled up, it didnt matter! This was a 45 minute window today, with an occasional hook up here, and there until about 8:15AM. Squid, and Irons both were the ticket. The offshore wind picked up very bad at 8:30AM, and it was going into my face as I paddled in. If you see my kayak, you may want to steer way clear, as I have the SKUNK big time on!!! :cry: :lol:

I will be out manana!!!!!

Chris
Holy Mackerel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:03 AM   #3
madscientist

Right on Ken, glad you managed to sneak out and get in on this bite. Any weekend action for you?

Chris, dude, what's going on? Maybe you should take up some old habits, might mellow you out and improve your fishing. :lol: You'll get em tomorrow. See you there!
madscientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:09 AM   #4
twinfin

Nice Ken, Nice!!! got to love the hit and run. 8)

Sets the tone for the weekend so nicely....
twinfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 10:39 AM   #5
steamroll

Great fish Ken and Cabman. I'll be out tomorrow with the crowd. Brad's right Chris, you have you have to fight fire with fire.
steamroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:01 AM   #6
ski

Excellent fishy Ken and all!
I ended up going 0 for 3.5 Lost two to poor knotage (a first for me) and had one spit the hook on the way up. Not sure what the other was.
Thanks to Corey, I have a fish to clean after lunch Mucho good karma to you bro!
Have fun out there this weekend, and be safe! I would guess that the fleet will be out there in full force.
ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:07 PM   #7
skiffman

all wrapped up

No worries Chris, the hooked pulled at color on my friends fish you were wrapped with. I got two others, one on b/w kicker and one on dead squid.
Short window today and happy to get what I did after not getting a bite on Tuesday or Wednesday. That's just the way it goes sometimes. Good to see you Ken, nice job as always. Kelvin
Old 12-16-2005, 12:14 PM   #8
Iceman
Administrator

Ken and Chris, thanks for the live squirt, it was not in the water for a minute, when it got picked up. Seemed like one of the teen fish. Made a few runs and then the fricken hook pulled. Earlier, I was slowly pulling up an iron with a frozen squid and got pummeled. After a few runs along the bottom, it is sulking and breaks off. WTF?!?! not alot of drag. on 30# it had to have found a sharp edge down there. I had to haul ass through the numerous bent rods to get the kids at school....painful. Gotta hope I can try again tomorrow, before a rediculously busy work day :shock:
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 PM   #9
Ryan The Sealion

Got one close to 30 on the tady 9 birdshit.. Couldn't catch any squid today Oh well, it's too easy with squid right now :lol: Saw some dude with a C-bass close to 40 and almost nuted my wetsuit :shock:
Ryan The Sealion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 12:58 PM   #10
DESTROYER

Nice Ken...I hope you can finish in the top five...you deserve it.

Andy- Looks like your luck has been like mine....Fishing is a revolving door, anything can happen. That what keeps us going out there. I've seen fisherman have great years and then stink the following year. You have by far been the most consistent over the year. I thank god that I have had the chance to fish with guys like you and Jim, Todd, and many others. I have learned a shit load over the years. Just think how good I will be when I'm an OLD BASTARD like you :twisted: Thanks for the tips and commradarie over the years...Merry Friggin Christmas!

Chef Matt
DESTROYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 01:19 PM   #11
madscientist

Andy, I admire your willingness to get out there and go for it, knowing you have to leave early. It takes greater fortitude than I have to paddle in during a bent rod bonanza. Maybe that's why I don't have kids yet. :?

See you tomorrow morning if you can make it, and don't hesitate to bum a squirt (if I get em).
Old 12-16-2005, 01:42 PM   #12
sterling

After a disapointing Summer I headed out Wednesday playing hookie in the am. Tuesday night we played a triple header for the Church softball league championship only to loose in the end of the 3rd game. Keyed up from the game and the anticipation couldn't sleep untill 1am. Ok we didn't win that means something good is going to happen in the morning right! Didn't make a squid got picked up once and the hook pulls! Watching everyone I mean everyone with at least one in their laps and Mark throwing back a 30# while singing happy birthday to me piss on the boss I ain't coming in today. I put my tail between my legs and sulked in only to have to go to work on virtually no sleep. There is always Saturdday!! See you guys out there tommorrow.
sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 02:44 PM   #13
phreshwon
PHRESHWON

Sorry to rub salt in the wound Sterling. But you have to admit, if you were catching 20 to 30lb yellowtail on your B-Day and ditching work. You would be singing too! GOOD LUCK to you and Jimm on Saturday.
phreshwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:12 PM   #14
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by phreshwon
Sorry to rub salt in the wound Sterling. But you have to admit, if you were catching 20 to 30lb yellowtail on your B-Day and ditching work. You would be singing too! GOOD LUCK to you and Jimm on Saturday.
Oh no, tell me he's not launching from the beach! Guess this means the bite will be over. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-16-2005, 03:21 PM   #15
vellocity

some WNW swell coming Sunday and BIG BIG for Wednesday..
get it while you can..

painful reading the reports and getting the phone calls from bed fighting the FLU!
congrats guys! enjoy the fatty Hamachi!

someone tell JimmH not to forget to take off his towstraps before he backs the trailer into the water!

let the CARNAGE continue..
vellocity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:40 PM   #16
Arne

Congrats guys ... has it ever been this good in LJ before? Amazing numbers and a good grade of fish out there. They really make you earn it. Nice one Cabman .. yet another.

Great YT-sunrise pic Ken. Did you win the Plasma?

Stick one tomorrow Andy. I'm rootin' for you. Really.

Arne
Arne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:49 PM   #17
Pat

Brad,

I predict there will be a Jimm H sighting at 4:45am tomorrow on Avenida De La Playa. :shock:
Pat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 03:54 PM   #18
madscientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat
Brad,

I predict there will be a Jimm H sighting at 4:45am tomorrow on Avenida De La Playa. :shock:
Yet more proof that god hates us all! :shock: :lol: :twisted:

Will there be a Pat sighting?
Old 12-16-2005, 04:04 PM   #19
DOGHOUSE26

It's a different day when you're out trying to meter squid and then your sounder takes a temporary shit when a yakker comes by with his 1000W unit and snows your screen, is that possible? Only snagged a few pieces, hard to get to stick but I guess that's why they call it candy. I would have passed more out but I just didn't have any.
DOGHOUSE26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 04:16 PM   #20
Jimm H

I predict there will be a Pat sighting Saturday morning, too. And, Nelz, there are no towstraps on my kayak (yep, back to plastic tomarrow).

I'm just going to hang to the immediate right of Brad all morning, close enough to reach his cooler....
Jimm H is offline   Reply With Quote