Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-06-2015, 11:00 PM   #1
Kaleb

Best way to meet up with other members?

Just curious how others plan group outtings. Seems as if this forum could really benefit from a separate dedicated forum topic or group calendar specifically for meeting up with others, planning trips, ETC. Would be great to get a few experienced members to host a noob outing every few weeks too!
Kaleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:28 PM   #2
easyday

Honestly the best way is to get out on the water and make friends, most of us on here that fish quite a bit are generally pretty friendly. It helps when you bring some extra beer. Other than that post up when your going and see if anyone wants to tag along.
Old 05-07-2015, 05:58 AM   #3
Deamon

"Just curious how others plan group outtings"

Hey Kaleb, come on man...you've been a member since Oct, 2014. Are you a noob, a momma's boy or a couch potato? There have been MANY open invites put out by this motley group since then. One doesn't have to check BWE often to find them either.
  • HOW has a monthly event WITH a great cause attached to it.
  • There's something going on at LJ this weekend. Why haven't you responded? "place excuse here..."
  • I just saw a Barrett Lake earlier this week
  • I think I put one out a month or so ago...everyone who responded with interest jumped in.
  • SD Bay
  • And these invites go up the coast almost year round

You want someone to give you an invite to a wfo 20# plus bite? Probably not going to happen but you can call one of the Pros, they'll connect you for a fee.

Active military? PM me and we'll go catch some fish somewhere, no guarantee! LOL.

Jim

Last edited by Deamon; 05-07-2015 at 06:05 AM.
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #4
Kaleb

I haven't been active the last few months, sold my kayak to help pay bills during my transition from military to my current job I just started. First pay check is. Coming in tomorrow I do see people post meet ups and when they are going out. I was just saying maybe it would be better if there were one consolidated point for everyone to post meet ups / events/ trips. Such as "fish reports" "Buy sell trade" "General" and "meet ups" Particularly for people who are new to forum, don't know anyone, or how to connect with people . I do know people meet up all the time. Also I was Never was asking for a WO WSB invite.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:31 AM   #5
Kaleb

I'll be back on the water within the month and out as often as I can. Can't wait for it.
Old 05-07-2015, 09:28 AM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Kaleb, you are ex-millitary, perfect! You want to meet guys from the board? Just come down to any of the HOW events and meet a bunch of good guys from BWE. Next HOW event is June 13th so be there. Otherwise get down to La Jolla this Saturday and fish the....yes.....Rockfish Round UP!!!
Old 05-07-2015, 09:36 AM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Or join up with makobob on one of his trips to baja and fish with other members of BWE in paradise. Tomorrow they remove the offending toe, who needs chum or lobster bait?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 09:42 AM   #8
EastLosYaker

So, is Jim taking it off for you then? That's probably why he volunteered. Wants to use it next Lobster season.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:33 AM   #9
Chuck D

Good luck on the operation Bob, I will be thinking about you, positive vibes and karma I am sure are all coming your way. If you want I can slow troll the toe for you on Sat during the HOW rockfish event to see if I can hook a monster for HOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Or join up with makobob on one of his trips to baja and fish with other members of BWE in paradise. Tomorrow they remove the offending toe, who needs chum or lobster bait?
Chuck D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 11:21 AM   #10
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
So, is Jim taking it off for you then? That's probably why he volunteered. Wants to use it next Lobster season.
It takes a long time to get enough together for the next batch of his edemame.
Old 05-07-2015, 01:37 PM   #11
Fish Taco

Lightbulb

Just a suggestion...

My former kayak fishing club - KFA-NY (before I moved back to SoCal from New York) used to have a specific forum on their message board that was just for this kind of thing... it was called...

"Fishing Partner Wanted"

"Going out alone can be dangerous or just boring. The buddy system works so hook up with another club member and fish an area together."

Was kind of cool in that anytime anyone wanted to go out fishing or whatever, they'd make a post and anyone who was interested in joining could make arrangements to meet up... simple enough. Pretty much the same as here but a little bit more organized in that all the threads were contained in one forum amongst the many other forums on the board.

I don't know if you guys would be receptive to having a forum name just for this kind of thing or not... but it was just a thought...

- Ken

Redondo Beach, CA
2011 Malibu Stealth 14
Fish Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:02 PM   #12
Deamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
It takes a long time to get enough together for the next batch of his edemame.
Haha...I could cut up little squares of my old leather work boots, cook them in oil, garlic, soy sauce and red pepper...

Offer it to Roby, MakoRoberto, Jorge, ChuckieDee and Tony and they'd be like..."Dayum! That's sheetz good!!!"

Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:06 PM   #13
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Haha...I could cut up little squares of my old leather work boots, cook them in oil, garlic, soy sauce and red pepper...

Offer it to Roby, MakoRoberto, Jorge, ChuckieDee and Tony and they'd be like..."Dayum! That's sheetz good!!!"

Jim
BUTT how would Yani like it? That would be the real test night ryder!

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:37 PM   #14
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Hope all goes well Bob. I'll keep you in my prayers.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 02:38 PM   #15
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Kaleb, you are ex-millitary, perfect! You want to meet guys from the board? Just come down to any of the HOW events and meet a bunch of good guys from BWE. Next HOW event is June 13th so be there. Otherwise get down to La Jolla this Saturday and fish the....yes.....Rockfish Round UP!!!
Where's the next HOW event taking place? I'm marking my calendar for June 13th. I may not have a Kayak, but I can always help out.

God Bless,
JimmyZ

Old 05-07-2015, 02:58 PM   #16
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyz123 View Post
Where's the next HOW event taking place? I'm marking my calendar for June 13th. I may not have a Kayak, but I can always help out.

Next HOW event is at Tidelands according to the schedule.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:59 PM   #17
Kaleb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Taco View Post
Just a suggestion...

My former kayak fishing club - KFA-NY (before I moved back to SoCal from New York) used to have a specific forum on their message board that was just for this kind of thing... it was called...

"Fishing Partner Wanted"

"Going out alone can be dangerous or just boring. The buddy system works so hook up with another club member and fish an area together."

Was kind of cool in that anytime anyone wanted to go out fishing or whatever, they'd make a post and anyone who was interested in joining could make arrangements to meet up... simple enough. Pretty much the same as here but a little bit more organized in that all the threads were contained in one forum amongst the many other forums on the board.

I don't know if you guys would be receptive to having a forum name just for this kind of thing or not... but it was just a thought...

- Ken

This is exactly the point of why I made this post! Anyone else interested in a dedicated board for meet ups?
Old 05-07-2015, 04:35 PM   #18
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

I think somebody had ideas of extra forums here before but Andy quickly took a wooden halibat and quelled the uprising.
Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 04:56 PM   #19
jruiz
Large Member

Could I suggest that we name the new meet up forum "casual encounters"?
jruiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:26 PM   #20
Jimmyz123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
Next HOW event is at Tidelands according to the schedule.
Nice, I love that place.

God Bless,
JimmyZ