Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #1
Mr hooks

12/30/12 la Jolla fish Report

Well first off the weather was great today with all the crazy rain here and there I've trying to get out on the water. So finally I was seen a post by Stinkymatt and he was taken about trying head out La Jolla today but with the weather wasn't sure if would worth the drive down anyhow I called Matt and we desided to head out Sunday morning. Meet at 5ish and get down to lunch ramp at 7am. So here I am last minute re-organizing my yak rod holders install new fish finder ect. Up tell 12am. Getting all the min. Stuff ready. For me this is my time out to La Jolla and some thing I've waiting to do since I started getting into the sport. So what way to better go some where than guys that aready been there. Got to the lunch at 7 and meet up with Drake checked out the surf and in was great for me being my first surf lunch. Got out with out no probs so were out. Made some green backs so I told I would the new guy And had to make bait for all of us. No prob catch some have a little fun no prob. So after I was thinking alright it's time stop playing around with pesky Mac s and look for honey hole. Lets get some Big Reds. Any how on the way down we see some bird action so we make a move to check it. As for me I'm thinking great another school of Macs. More bait after like 20 already have. All right lets make bait Okay. Drop my jig and slam huge Mac. There for like one second cut off. Shoot all right tie another one on as I'm yelling over to the guys there's fish here not Mac but some thing bigger then as I'm yelling slam Drake on O shoot tie faster then I'm looking at Matt and he's on. Shoot finialy get my new jig tied on. Drop send her down and back up no bites. All send it back down and slam my rod bent all the way over. All game on all three of hooked up at the same time. Could not ask for more. All Yellows landed. All I got to say is today was a great day on the water, great way to end the year. Fishing with the right guys makes all the difference. Thank you guys very much for putting me the fish. First time out to La Jolla a I had a blast. Thanks Guys
Mr hooks is offline   Reply With Quote