Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Tournaments > West Coast Whoppers - Archive > West Coast Whoppers 2011
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
THE DARKHORSE

April Sub

But, I couldn't resist. The original idea was to just throw my donation into the pot---then, Deepdvr started talkin' smack about kicking my a$$!

The temptation was just too great. I guess I do still have a little competitor inside; just like all of you. Anyway, after entering late and a full schedule the past couple of weeks---I blew it in more ways than one. I had a couple of shots, but wasn't too concerned at the time, with a week left to catch a monster White Sea Bass.

Then, you might have noticed, the surf was a mess and the conditions completely changed. The ocean rolled and that was that.

So, with no further ado', here's my measly Yellowtail to submit for April.

And my tape shot.

Apparently, the Starvin' Marvin of the school; a skinny 39" fish that weighed 24 lbs. Arm-breaking fight on the surface-iron, though.

After the conditions rolled---I changed gears. I haven't fished for Halibut in a very long time. After fishing them for around a about four hours---I remembered why. Without some patience in a can, I don't know how you guys do it all the time.

I love holding the rod when you get that one, solid thump, though. I'm not sure if it was because I entered this silly tournament or the fact that I haven't fished for Halibut in so long---but, I was excited to see her at color.

The tape shot.

A fat and healthy specimen measuring 38" and weighing 23 lbs on the nose. I'm guessing the poor fish gorged herself silly all last year, too. Not the slam I was expecting, but I'll take it.

Who's next?