Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-20-2017, 11:32 AM   #1
stevie951
Lurker

Mexicali Sentri Lane - North to Calexico

Any one willing to share a good link or know good directions on how to find the Mexicali Sentri lanes headed back north into Calexico? I can't find much online with good street directions..
Much appreciated in advance...

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 11:56 AM   #2
MrPukaShell

Stevie,
I use my GPS. If you don't have one download ways or one of the other map apps. Baja Traveler had a good write up on the East Sentri Lane
MrPukaShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 12:02 PM   #3
Baja_Traveler

The east entry is easy - heading north through Mexicali, when you cross under that tunnel /overpass, take the very next right at the light (Calz. Manuel Gomez Morin). It will snake around making left and right curves, but stay on it and follow it all the way until it "T's" off at the border fence (you'll go 4-5 miles). Take a right just after a galleria mall entrance (Cristobal Colon) and head down a mile or two until you see the border crossing. The sentri sign is right there at the intersection on your left easy to see. If there are traffic cops there, when they wave you into the regular lane where everyone else is going, simply point to the sentri lane and they will send you through.
Hint: if there is a huge line when you turn right on Cristobal Colon, do not get in it - skirt around it in the middle lane all the way to the border crossing - the center lane turns into a left turn lane at the crossing. Coming back last Memorial Day trip, I refused to believe there was a two mile backup to the crossing, so I skirted it figuring worst case I'd have to loop back and get in line. Sure enough it was a two mile line, but thankfully that center turn lane saved me literally hours of wait time. I ended up in a 10 car wait, and was across the border in minutes.
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:02 PM   #4
stevie951
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja_Traveler View Post
The east entry is easy - heading north through Mexicali, when you cross under that tunnel /overpass, take the very next right at the light (Calz. Manuel Gomez Morin). It will snake around making left and right curves, but stay on it and follow it all the way until it "T's" off at the border fence (you'll go 4-5 miles). Take a right just after a galleria mall entrance (Cristobal Colon) and head down a mile or two until you see the border crossing. The sentri sign is right there at the intersection on your left easy to see. If there are traffic cops there, when they wave you into the regular lane where everyone else is going, simply point to the sentri lane and they will send you through.
Hint: if there is a huge line when you turn right on Cristobal Colon, do not get in it - skirt around it in the middle lane all the way to the border crossing - the center lane turns into a left turn lane at the crossing. Coming back last Memorial Day trip, I refused to believe there was a two mile backup to the crossing, so I skirted it figuring worst case I'd have to loop back and get in line. Sure enough it was a two mile line, but thankfully that center turn lane saved me literally hours of wait time. I ended up in a 10 car wait, and was across the border in minutes.

Cool thanks for this good info Kai I appreciate it! Followed Robbie last time in and recall the looping to the left and right towards the end there so this helps!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPukaShell View Post
Stevie,
I use my GPS. If you don't have one download ways or one of the other map apps. Baja Traveler had a good write up on the East Sentri Lane
Hey Robert, Just bought a decent tomtom with Mexico Maps, printed out the directions for safety and I recall pretty well following you all the way back up the 5 and just following the signs so i should be cool, just want to make sure I'm prepared as possible will print this out and add to the i'm possibly lost arsenal but as said we should be cool.

thanks guys! hope to see you otw soon!

~Malibu Stealth-14
~Malibu X-13
stevie951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 06:58 PM   #5
FullFlavorPike

I seem to remember it's like right next to the regular lanes, in the leftmost two.
FullFlavorPike is offline   Reply With Quote