Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 AM   #21
esdees
The Good Clone

Those will be some happy lobster.
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #22
Iceman
Administrator

I've caught my wife winking at the guy behind the fish counter lately at Albertson's, so I was a desperate man.

I wanted to keep it simple, so I just brought my 2 iron sticks, 2 white irons and 2 blue and whites for back up. Plan was to hopefully snag a squid to add to the deadstick iron and work the yoyo. I do alot of jigging and shorter cranks up, like 10 and drop it again, when there are squid around. I also don't burn it up, just fast enough to get the wiggle. It had looked like the bite time had come and gone without seeing anyone go BENDO. The squid marks turned to mackerel and I was working on loading up on bug bait when I finally hooked the right kind around 9 AM. Fish did not run much, just sulked and towed me west, I was thinking maybe BSB for a bit, but it would snap it's head side to side and do little runs down. Finally at color with a grey whale surfacing about 40 yards in front of me, made for a dramatic finish. I remembered the gaff, but no line to tie it, so I pulled a gill and waited for it to die. 30 lbs bled 95 feet on the wh/glow Sumo.(I like these and just ordered a bunch for the store) 40# Big Game, ol reliable Speedmaster and Seeker 665.

Dan, does that look like a Swisher cigar band on that fish........Cohiba

Don't forget your fishing license and know the current species off limits as the DFG checked me upon landing. They were very cool, but did check my license and asked to look in my hatches as well.

Last edited by Iceman; 01-27-2008 at 07:22 AM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 10:33 AM   #23
lamb

STAND UP!
Old 01-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #24
esdees
The Good Clone

Wow! Look at that tail.
esdees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:39 AM   #25
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1 View Post
I often wonder where iwindsurf get their report. I used to alway go by iwindsurf. I'd drive to the launch expecting light texture on the water, and it would be blown out. So, I always use the TP glider port. Like right now (1100pm) iwindsurf 2mph, TP glider port 13mph.
Where is this TP report. I have to make a long drive and this sounds like a way to avoid a long drive for nothing.
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #26
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohloe1 View Post
I often wonder where iwindsurf get their report. I used to alway go by iwindsurf. I'd drive to the launch expecting light texture on the water, and it would be blown out. So, I always use the TP glider port. Like right now (1100pm) iwindsurf 2mph, TP glider port 13mph.
Where is this TP report. I have to make a long drive and this sounds like a way to avoid a long drive for nothing.
I put this in the wrong quote a while back.
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:46 AM   #27
sdcityboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
I put this in the wrong quote a while back.
it's on the home page for this site
Wind Forecast (Torrey Pines)
sdcityboy is offline   Reply With Quote