Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #1
Iceman
Administrator

1-12 San O/Yak Surf Club

Great weather and a whole lot of fun. Thanks for all who came out. The high surf advisory may have scared some off (T Man), but waves were much smaller than most other So Cal beaches. The water was cold, but the sun felt good!

Everyone decided to come back to San O again next month. February 2nd 6AM-whenever!

I was not kidding when I said I was bringing a pink Mini X........OC's original bad boy

Last edited by Iceman; 01-12-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Iceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 02:13 PM   #2
Dan

Beats the hell out of Pee Wee soccer. Wish I coulda.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #3
Gutshot

Hey Andy,
Looks like a great time. Hope to join you for the March outing. Spent the afternoon tubin' in the fog in your backyard.

Todd
Old 01-14-2008, 07:52 AM   #4
cabojohn
PROBATION

That's hot!
I got razzed a little by the paddle surfers & the other paddle goofs for being on a "Toy Barbie Kayak"...when I told them the pink kayak was to support "Breast Cancer" that shut em up. "Oh Kewl"

Andy /OEX thank for building & bringing the pink Mini X. I would use it and suport breast anytime. Heck yeah, surfs great too!

The waves were fun, the company was great! Couldn't have asked for a better day.
The food was fantastic and a lot of itlol .... to bad Tman didn't show? IMAWUSS-ITUS???

Good times...do it again next month.

Last edited by cabojohn; 01-14-2008 at 12:07 PM.
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #5
Zed
BANNED

Squeeze a boob for breast cancer!

Nice day out there. Too bad for the Catalina wave shadow. Not at all up to the hype. But it was fun and glassy, and we had a good group. As the tide dropped it might have gotten better about 2:00ish, but we were gone by then.

Next time.

Z
Zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #6
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Squeeze a boob for breast cancer!

Nice day out there. Too bad for the Catalina wave shadow. Not at all up to the hype. But it was fun and glassy, and we had a good group. As the tide dropped it might have gotten better about 2:00ish, but we were gone by then.

Next time.

Z

That and the fact that the dog patch faces pretty darn south (WNW Swell). I surfed trestles later that afternoon and there were some solid over head waves to be had. A little walled up, but fun. At least until the fog rolled and I couldn't see the waves or line up my position on the bluffs. I drifted from cotton's to uppers and had no idea until I came in and was forced to do the reef walk at low tide.

Glad you are doing the Yak surf club, Andy, I may have to beat the spiders out of my kayak and join you guys for the next one.

Kevin
Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 07:02 PM   #7
Iceman
Administrator

We are on for Saturday. Me and Cabo are going to give the tandem a try

Don't forget your Kastmasters, Kroks and grubs for the breaks in between. There is good surf fishing right there!