Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2010, 07:01 PM   #1
newguy01

9-11 tourny

ok here it goes, got to the lunch @ 6 unload the revo and put on wheels and off i go to sign up i for got a couple of thing in the truck, run to the truck can bearly breath ( out of shape) and grab my gaff! before i hit the water paul lev took some picture of me and mention " your saving the big one for last " and said yes not know what will happen later. on the way to the bait boat i lost my game clip may be its for the better, so headed to matt and he handed me some sardines, soon past the bouy set up as fly line dine on high and low, look at the horizon and saw everyone on the NW corner so i stay close to the kelp, right in front of the pink condo both of my clicker went off waited 5 sec on the first rod set the hook and nothing grab the second rod nothing reeled in my bait both slash probably a small cuda or bonita, ok send my last two dines and kept headinf west 1hr later my high zzzzzzzzzz waited n set the hook small tug and nothing i look back and saw seal look at me with my bait in his mouth and finnaly i get a couple of big greene i put the first greene on high 10 min later zzzzzzzzzzz seal got me again made some more greene put anther one on low at about 9 saw a couple of guys comming back from SW and said no luck either decided to head back to in front of the condos and soak some bait at about 10-1030 to call it a day so i added wait on my low set up and put a fresh greene to try my luck before i reel in my high one after the low hit the bottom i started reeling my fly line and not even a minute pass the bottom rigg zzzzzzzz i thought its that damm seal again so i let it run some more may be 20-30 sec later annoyed by the sound i set the hook and what you know it still there brought it up to color in about 5 min i saw brown and turn white before it decide to run again so get the gaff ready (i needed now luckily decided to come back for it from the truck earlier) brought it to color again and kept under the surface and first try belly shot and hold it on the gills still in the water while trying to unclip my rod lease and use it to tie the hali not knowing how big it realy is. i finnaly het him tied up gently lift him out of the water nothing happen its prety long have him on the deck tail is on the left side of the pedal and the under my right thigh so i can steer and still hold him on the gills about 11-1115 now heading to the shore and decided to use the paddle thru the surf and almost flip and lost it but i manage to recover just like what "jim sammons say lean to the wave and drag your paddle" and a guy help me full the the yak to the sand, thanks man i did not get your name and he said thats the second fish that came in. met paul lev at the shore at about 1130 and took some picture of the for the western outdoor news didt not stick around to long because i thought the weigh in time is 1230 so hauled my ass to the park barely got there at 1230 and took the hali to the scale took more pic at the scale with the hali and it weight 26 lbs. so i move my truck out of the disable zone and look for parking. came back to the park and they told me it now weight 27 lbs because the scale was off a little bit the first time and find out that the weigh in time is 1:30 ok said to my self as long iam on top 5 its good as matter of fact i was happy already its my personal best hali. the fish held first place and most of the money went for the little one needs. here is some of the pictures and the link for the turney pictures
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...8673955&page=2

newguy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
Jzo

Congrats.

Last edited by Jzo; 09-14-2010 at 09:38 PM.
Jzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Gigafish

Congrats thats a winner on your local boats and on a kayak majority of the time. Those seals just keep on messing. Those seals may have helped catch that fish.
Gigafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:43 PM   #4
newguy01

smmt pictures

i thanks jim and all that help out for this event and paul lev for covering the event on western outdoor and i for the other guys name taking pictures thanks everyone that attended.
Old 09-14-2010, 07:52 PM   #5
StinkyMatt

Nice fish NewGuy! I met you a few weeks back (my buddy's red SUV got stuck) You helped pull him out....Nice guy.

Who said Nice guys finish last?
StinkyMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:57 PM   #6
yakrider

very very cool!
yakrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #7
old_rookie

sweet!!!
old_rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:06 PM   #8
FISHIONADO

Karma! Congrats!
FISHIONADO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
tunaseeker
TB Metal Art

Good Karma! Not to mention a nice Kayak! Enjoy!
tunaseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:01 AM   #10
steveooo

Solid Fish
Way to pull one out on a tough day fishing
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 08:21 AM   #11
newguy01

smmt

thanks everyone for the compliment
Old 09-15-2010, 03:27 PM   #12
deepdvr

Great job nailing that quality halibut for the win Dennis!!! Paul Lebowitz did a nice SMMT write up in today's WON.
deepdvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:35 PM   #13
dfroggy54
Rolly

Nice fish Dennis!!! WTG on the win bro, you should wrap a rod in memorial! Just found out today, after I read about the article on WON. Goooddd stuff! Must be that secret sabiki

Last edited by dfroggy54; 09-15-2010 at 11:46 PM.
dfroggy54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:32 PM   #14
Tinhman
"ZzZZzzzzzzzzz!"

Send a message via AIM to Tinhman
did you go out there that day bro? man wished id have gone had bdays to attend