Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-26-2013, 05:56 AM   #121
bubblehide

Quote:
Originally Posted by easyday View Post
I hunt bigfoot.....

WAAAAAAA-OOOOOOOOP!
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 08:20 PM   #122
beef78
Large Member

Sorry if anyone has already posted this link. I have experience in this field and thought it put things into a nice visual representation.
http://www.lifelibertyhealthiness.co...-of-fukushima/
Old 12-17-2013, 12:07 AM   #123
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beef78 View Post
Sorry if anyone has already posted this link. I have experience in this field and thought it put things into a nice visual representation.
http://www.lifelibertyhealthiness.co...-of-fukushima/

Another good one that debunks the nonsense has been put out by Kim Martini a Physical Oceanographer at the Joint Institute for the Study of Atmosphere and Ocean at the University of Washington. She basically goes through all the gifs and myths that are being thrown around and explains why they are not true. Worth the read for those interested in a fact based Scientific perspective vrs popular mythology..

True facts about Ocean Radiation and the Fukushima Disaster

http://deepseanews.com/2013/11/true-...hima-disaster/

"...On March 11th, 2011 the Tōhoku earthquake and resulting tsunami wreaked havoc on Japan. It also resulted in the largest nuclear disaster since Chernobyl when the tsunami damaged the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Plant.... Rather unfortunately, it has also led to some wild speculation on the widespread dangers of Fukushima radiation on the internet. Posts with titles like “Holy Fukushima – Radiation From Japan Is Already Killing North Americans” .... keep popping up on my facebook feed from well-meaning friends. I’m here to tell you that these posts are just plain garbage. While there are terrible things that happened around the Fukushima Power Plant in Japan; Alaska, Hawaii and the West Coast aren’t in any danger. These posts were meant to scare people... They did just that, but there is a severe lack of facts in these posts. Which is why I am here to give you the facts, and nothing but the facts..."

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 12-17-2013 at 12:20 AM.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #124
Drake

This thread needs to find its way at the bottom of the ocean, just like the radiation
Old 12-19-2013, 09:26 AM   #125
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
This thread needs to find its way at the bottom of the ocean, just like the radiation
I know, huh

Who's the knucklehead that started this thread?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 09:31 AM   #126
Drake

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
I know, huh

Who's the knucklehead that started this thread?
Some jerkface who thinks he knows how to host tournaments and catch fish
Old 01-06-2014, 01:00 PM   #127
philr21

If it makes anyone feel any better, I've been stationed in Yokosuka most of the last 15 years (off and on, in Korea right now). Yokosuka is about 250 miles from the disaster.

My wife is on Fishing TV shows, been doing so for almost 20 years. She also writes articles on fishing and cooking saltwater fish for a national newspaper and fishing magazine. (Here's a link to one of her vids from like 98 or so). Couple others on Vimeo as well.

Guess what? We still fish in the water and catch and eat fish. Don't know anyone who has gotten cancer yet.

There are some types of fish, especially in waters within probably 20 miles of Fukushima, like flounder and rockfish that we don't even bother going out for. Also, some of the rivers that lead into Tokyo bay have tested high for radiation, and we used to eat the clams from that area, but do no longer.

It's scary and since we can't see the radiation, don't think anyone truly knows what the exact effects will be, but for us, you'd think we would see a lot more effects as close as we are compared to someplace a few thousand miles away.

Also, one of my Navy co-workers, a NUC on lastship, got out and went to college in Tokyo. I asked him if he wasn't concerned about the radiation, and he laughed and told me the types of radiation being leaked were of not much concern. I don't remember the details.

Scary? Yes. Run for the hills time? Not so much.
philr21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 02:15 PM   #128
Iceman
Administrator

Bump!

http://deepseanews.com/2013/11/true-...hima-disaster/
Old 01-06-2014, 03:00 PM   #129
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post

Great article!

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:55 PM   #130
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post

Great article!

Yup.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 PM   #131
kluts

Fukushima

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/...est-coast.html also a great read
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:32 AM   #132
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kluts View Post

I'm thinking you can't really believe that stuff, so you' gotta be just joking around.

That one is pretty funny but this one from the same anonymous source is even more hilarious.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html

"....Is Fukushima Decimating Wildlife in the Western Portion of North America?

We’ve previous documented that seals, sea lions, polar bears, sea stars, turtles, sockeye salmon, herring, anchovies and sardines on the West Coast of North America are all suffering mysterious diseases … which are killing many....."

Polar bears on the West Coast!!!!!! I guess that Polar Vortex had a bigger impact then I realized, but the real question is can I hunt them???? Anyone have info on the elusive California Polar bear tag? I'm thinking midwinter must be the season.

Then again after close examination of their evidence this might a team sewer San Pedro Bait operation problem.

Scientists accepting bleeding samples of irradiated Herring indeed
Old 01-09-2014, 05:33 AM   #133
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
I'm thinking you can't really believe that stuff, so you' gotta be just joking around.

That one is pretty funny but this one from the same anonymous source is even more hilarious.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2013/12/radiation-seals-sea-lions-polar-bears-bald-eagles-sea-stars-turtles-king-salmon-sockeye-salmon-herring-anchovies-sardines-west-coast-north-americaseals-sea-lions-polar-bears.html

"....Is Fukushima Decimating Wildlife in the Western Portion of North America?

We’ve previous documented that seals, sea lions, polar bears, sea stars, turtles, sockeye salmon, herring, anchovies and sardines on the West Coast of North America are all suffering mysterious diseases … which are killing many....."

Polar bears on the West Coast!!!!!! I guess that Polar Vortex had a bigger impact then I realized, but the real question is can I hunt them???? Anyone have info on the elusive California Polar bear tag? I'm thinking midwinter must be the season.

Then again after close examination of their evidence this might a team sewer San Pedro Bait operation problem.

Scientists accepting bleeding samples of irradiated Herring indeed

There might be some truth in this story.....

We haven't had any sardines at the barge since the meltdown....

JImday is right?!
Old 01-09-2014, 06:08 AM   #134
bubblehide

No, wait, it's way worse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ful-rac View Post
There might be some truth in this story.....

We haven't had any sardines at the barge since the meltdown....

That was just the beginning, it's way worse than anyone thought, just look at this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ow/44Nn8G_npIg

Don't eat the fish.
bubblehide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:46 AM   #135
monkeyfishturds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXDEE...layer_embedded

Dr. Michio Kaku
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:48 PM   #136
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblehide View Post
That was just the beginning, it's way worse than anyone thought, just look at this: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ow/44Nn8G_npIg
Don't eat the fish.
Zombie Sardines I had a tank full of those once
Old 01-09-2014, 02:37 PM   #137
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
Yeah three years ago Michio called the reactors a ticking time bomb. Unfortunately time bombs have a limitation.... time.

Times linear, it ticks by, and time bombs have to explode in a timely manner to be time bombs. Simply put what he predicted did not happen and we have not heard much from him on this issue since then.

Science celebrities and the role they play in public life is very different from what scientists really do professionally. Academics train for years to develop expertise on very specific topics, and they stick to their expertise because they want credit for their ideas. Scientists on television often comment on areas way outside of their specific training, because it's not the realm of academia and they will not be held to the same standards. This is particularly the case for well-known figures like Micho Kaku. He is often called upon to interpret all things scientific, but he would no doubt be the last person a real scientist would go to as an "expert" on some of the topics he discusses on TV.

Though Kaku is a renowned physicist, his expertise is string theory, which has nothing to do with the type of real on the ground physics involved here. Being able to eloquently talk about some obscure math that may suggest the entire universe is constructed of string like tiny things vibrate and change and even work outside of linear time does not make you an expert on particle physics. I'll admit here that I think string theory for all it's theoretical eloquence is bunk, and there are a lot of physicists that say the same. String theory looks good on paper but it's probably dead wrong on some things, but I guess you could say time will tell, because it's ideas are still being considered even though some are likely going to be eclipsed in the near future.

Anyway on CBS's 60 Minutes and elsewhere, he did claim that this accident would "impact all of humanity" and has "unspeakable consequences." but unfortunately much of what he said turned out to be just hype and never came true. Those TV programs may of called him a "leading nuclear scientist" , but the truth is there's almost no connection between his specific field of theoretical physics and nuclear power.

Oh and by the way Kaku actually has a history of hysteric or perhaps hysterical views. For instance he's suggested that UFOs are driven by Alien life forms from other dimensions. (string theory guys tend to be way out there especially when it comes to dimensions) In the 90s, he spread a bunch of almost mythical lies about plutonium toxicity, and then organized protests against the launch of NASA's Cassini probe on the grounds that it was powered by a radioisotope thermoelectric generator containing plutonium, was going to self destruct and poison the whole atmosphere.

He predicted dire consequences for launch failure, which Duh!!! Never Happened!! Cassini is currently orbiting Saturn and photographing Titan, and it's launch did not poison the planet.

I mean I get it. You watch TV. There is this guy they put on TV. They say he's smart. They say he knows something about physics and you believe him.

That said you might want to take in account that vid is three years old, much of what he said would happen never happened, and the truth is he's just a talking head, and there's almost no connection between his field of theoretical physics and nuclear power.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 01-09-2014 at 03:17 PM.
Old 01-09-2014, 05:05 PM   #138
monkeyfishturds

You are entitled to your opinion, just as everyone is. He only said it could happen. He studied nuclear physics, did you? September 2013 is the last time he discussed the meltdown, i'm surprised you being the king of google search, didn't blast him for that opinion. I'm just glad you didn't claim I said this or that, or claimed absurd motivations for posting on this subject. It's good that we all through out these points of view, it's the best way to find the answers.
monkeyfishturds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:05 PM   #139
kluts

Fukushima

The worst scenario is being played out as we speak,There is no solution to this tripple meltdown,with the fuel melted down into 100 ton blobs all the way through the containment vessels in THREE reactors, and deep into the ground.With a constant round the clock river of water being poured on the reactors as well as the groundwater flowing through it for the last 3 years,and probably the next 100.Whithin the year 2014 we will start seeing the radioactive water in southern cal waters,and after that for the rest of our lifetimes.The pros and cons can say what they will,but those are the facts,make up your own mind and hope the NRC doesnt hide the true radiation readings,as they watch it burn for the next century
kluts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:09 PM   #140
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiskadoro View Post
You watch TV....you believe him.....That said you might want to take in account....

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfishturds View Post
You are entitled....your opinion.,......He studied nuclear physics, did you........ you being the king........ glad you didn't claim I said this or that, or claimed absurd motivations for posting.....

Ha Ha Ha.... things must be really really slow over at the other site, but please!!!! Enough about me!!!

I post to the topic, you have your own agenda.

As to your personal motivations.... Well that's not my field of study, or interest. I certainly have my opinion, but ANYONE can look at your posting history here and see exactly what your motivations are.

Last edited by Fiskadoro; 01-09-2014 at 06:16 PM.