Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 09-16-2018, 02:20 PM   #1
dpasinli

Gooch Juice

Does anyone use this for lobster fishin, And if so do u feel it makes that much difference? . Thinking about trying it out this season. Worth it?
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 PM   #2
Mahigeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
Does anyone use this for lobster fishin, And if so do u feel it makes that much difference? . Thinking about trying it out this season. Worth it?
I have tried it, but there is no way to tell if it works.

Yes, I caught lobsters, but who knows if I had not tried it I would have caught them anyways.

It is impossible to duplicate the conditions in the ocean in a lab.

Thus, there is no way to experiment with any lure, juice, etc. to see if they work.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 10:40 AM   #3
Semper Fi-shing

Tried it before on a skiff with 10 hoop nets at long beach with assortment of tuna, mackerel, bonitas, sardines, and salmon for bait. One octopus and one undersize lobster in 40 pulls. Just one of those days....if they dont wanna come out, they dont wanna come out

Just stick with the mentioned oily baits. No need for additives.

I do, however, prefer to mash said baits into the plastic bait tubes with the holes cut in them and easy snap clips. Less harassment from seals, no need for zip ties, less downtown for bait refills.
Old 09-17-2018, 01:17 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

Bug juice

There are a lot of versions of Bug/Crab Juice out there...ProCure, Patzke, New Fish All, Gooch Juice, Etc...The ones with the most Salmon or fish oil are the best IMHO...

They all seem to help in my opinion...and as you can see from this video, it does attract crustaceans...but you still need some fresh juicy bloody bait to keep the critters in there... https://youtu.be/fv1twUMTupw

We did have some bait with the "Fuel" on it in some nets to get some Crabs to eat for our lunch that day but we also sent down the one camera net with scent only to get proof that it attracts crustaceans....and it worked.

Berkley gave me some samples to try last year...so I guess they are also thinking about getting into the market too.

Be careful where you spray or apply the Bug Juice especially Gooch Juice as it can make for some real slippery and dangerous surfaces.

Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 12:05 PM   #5
dpasinli

right on thanks gents! happy hoopin!
dpasinli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:28 PM   #6
tacmik

Has anyone ever tried cod liver oil that you can buy at the drugstore? Or how about some cod liver oil capsules that could be mixed into the bait and release the oils as they disintegrate?
Old 09-20-2018, 07:14 PM   #7
Hydronaut

Send a message via Yahoo to Hydronaut
Patzke/Gooch

X2 what Jim Salizar said. I've used both with good success. I've also caught bugs without bait in the hoop net yet, just attractant. Good luck this season.

Hydronaut:

Hydronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:52 AM   #8
Mahigeer

I guess it does not hurt to use anything that adds scent.

In the past I have ground up (when my wife was not home) any old bait and fish to put it in a container with holes in it.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 05:14 AM   #9
ZoeyHannah
Junior

My favourite Game is minecraft I am continually amazed at how much the game has changed and continues to change over time. My friend and I used to get up early in the morning and play the game. This server is my favourite to play on because it is superior to the others https://best-minecraft-servers.co/.
ZoeyHannah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:01 PM   #10
NICKWORN

LMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoeyHannah View Post
My favourite Game is minecraft I am continually amazed at how much the game has changed and continues to change over time. My friend and I used to get up early in the morning and play the game. This server is my favourite to play on because it is superior to the others https://best-minecraft-servers.co/.
Spammer, troll somewhere relevant, not a fishing forum.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg minecraft.jpg (7.6 KB, 59 views)
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2021, 01:03 PM   #11
NICKWORN

Tried them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpasinli View Post
Gooch, Bite-on, Hookup baits version, etc.

They all may assist, but i hate the residue they leave all over your kayak or skiff.

Ill stick to fresh bloody mac, dines, bontio, skippies, etc.
NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote