Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-15-2014, 04:41 PM   #21
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
No unattended rods at the rail.
So can you cast out and put it in the rod holder on the bulkhead, and then cast out another line?

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:45 PM   #22
Silbaugh4liberty
Fishing Patriot

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolocop View Post
NO!!!!

From the CA DFG FAQ's:

Q. How many fishing rods and hooks can I use when sport fishing in the ocean?

A. Any number of hooks and fishing lines may be used in all ocean waters and bays with the following exceptions:

You can only use one line with no more than three hooks while fishing in San Francisco and San Pablo bays between the Golden Gate Bridge and the west Carquinez Bridge.
When you are fishing from a public pier you can use only two rods and lines, two hand lines, or two crab nets, crab traps or other appliances used to take crabs.
When you are fishing for rockfish or lingcod or you have rockfish or lingcod aboard your boat, you can only use one line with no more than two hooks.
If you are fishing north of Point Conception for salmon or have salmon on board your boat, you can only use one rod and line with no more than two single barbless hooks (check current salmon regulations for other hook restrictions).

Ref. Section 28.65.

On a cattle boat, the Captain is KING! They have so many rights and powers over you, it's amazing. Do what they say!
Thanks for clearing this up bro. I was about to go through the rules myself. I want to know it's OK to troll a mack or chovies while I throw around some swim baits and not have to worry about getting a ticket!
I dont fish freshwater here in California, so not worried about the stamp. seems pointless to me. Too many f ing rules, mostly stocked farm fish, just doesn't seem real. Besides, I don't see any walleye or pike around.