Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-22-2017, 10:48 AM   #21
Johnny Hirn

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie951 View Post
Like Tony said, County aint a joke.. Don't go alone unless you know what you're doing the sets can be just nasty there, I've seen 6 foot shore pounds with no lull when it was supposed to be 4 foot with a 8+second break; know when to turn around and pack up, and be sure to check swell, surf and wind reports! Oh, and it's almost always a garuntee to be ripping more on return than launch so time your re-entry and stow everything you don't want to lose :P
Thanks guys for all the help. I have surfed more most my life (including many many times at county) so I'm pretty knowledgeable with that break. If i feel like its not sketchy, i can always drive a little further south to leo carrillo

Thanks again for the help.
Hopefully i will see you guys soon out there slaying some fish.
Tight lines,
Johnny
Johnny Hirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 06:12 AM   #22
TJones

Boat rolled up in late afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by domtesta27 View Post
I can second that. We went out on Saturday and it was really calm going out, perfect day with very little current. but there were still the occasional 3 to 4 footers coming back in. Always stow all your gear at county, its way too easy for a yard sale.

Also I would recommend trying to tag along with some people next time you go out, there are several different points of structure out of county from 120 to 200ft of water. It seems like the actual "Deep Hole" has been getting hit really hard by the 3/4 day boats out channel islands, why they cant go to the islands is beyond me but some of the shallower spots have still been producing quality fish.
Sadly, it seems like they have been hitting it hard and pretty much cleaned it out.
TJones is offline   Reply With Quote