Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 05-02-2017, 07:18 AM   #1
monstahfish

Heroes on the Water may 13th

Hi guys, next heroes on the water event is may 13 in mission bay. I've been asked a lot lately what the volunteers do so here it is... Volunteers arrive early and unload the trailer, setup the kayaks, fishing gear, tables etc..., cut bait, hang out with the early arrival vets. Then we take them fishing. In this situation, you are essentially their guide doing your best to make sure they have a great day on the water and trying to put them on fish, catching a few between helping the vets. It's really a great time and you can make a huge difference in their lives by getting them outside and away from their troubles. After fishing, we all enjoy a free lunch cooked by the land based volunteers, often fish tacos from donated fish(yellowtail, halibut and white seabass).
We are trying a new system where I open more seats to vets as we get more volunteers, so the more volunteers, the more vets we can help. Sign up here. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/heroes-...on-34160663464
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 07:52 AM   #2
FISH11

HOW event May 13

Signed up. See you there.
Old 05-02-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
bwana

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
Then we take them fishing. In this situation, you are essentially their guide doing your best to make sure they have a great day on the water and trying to put them on fish, catching a few between helping the vets. https://www.eventbrite.com/e/heroes-...on-34160663464
In my case I drew a vet and her friend that didn't want to fish. So we went on a four hour paddle (between pottie breaks)... Still a great day on the water and more importantly they enjoyed their harbor tour. Looking forward to doing it again on the 13th.

bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 04:55 PM   #4
tacmik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwana View Post
In my case I drew a vet and her friend that didn't want to fish. So we went on a four hour paddle (between pottie breaks)... Still a great day on the water and more importantly they enjoyed their harbor tour. Looking forward to doing it again on the 13th.

Actually, they heard about your fish prowess, or lack their of. Decided they had better just paddle. Thanks for your help and looking forward to seeing you at our next event.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:53 PM   #5
bwana

At least I am good with a camera!
bwana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 02:15 PM   #6
Hydronaut

Send a message via Yahoo to Hydronaut
I'm in...

Shane,

I'll be there.

Hydronaut (Tim)
Hydronaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 10:35 PM   #7
monstahfish

Thanks Tim! We still need volunteers or this will be an event less than half the size of our normal ones.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote