Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Buy, Sell, or Trade Kayak Fishing Gear

Old 02-01-2006, 04:15 PM   #21
aguachico

5200 is for BELOW the water line. I like to use marine goop for the flush mounts that are wet, but above deck. 5200 is very strong and will not peel aas easy as marine goop or 4200.

AC
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:37 PM   #22
Grego

Art, I looked at the website...the owner has an example for an eX and a XFactor bag. I'm almost positive the labeling should be for "older eX hatches" and "newer eX & XFactor hatches". Sean (owner) changed mfg and I'm sure the new ones are used on both the yaks now. I would have the owner call MK and clarify so someone doesn't order the wrong one.

Could you ask him if the prowler one will fit the 3rd hatch toward the rear of a MK tandem? It's a circular hatch made by viking. The new tandems may have a larger one. The one I have is the one they used on the set of Mr. and Mrs. Smith/Jones...whatever that movie was with that babe A. Jolie....supposedly she enjoyed sitting in it taking breaks :P don't bother ask'n you smut! I already sniffed the scent out of the seat...hahahaha.

I would be interested in that because it's hard to have a bait tank in a tandem with both seats filled.

Grego
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #23
CalamARI
Junior

Oh man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grego
I already sniffed the scent out of the seat...hahahaha.

Grego

T.M.I.! T.M.I.! :shock:
CalamARI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:00 PM   #24
aguachico

Will do!

so what'd smell like?
aguachico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:13 PM   #25
cabojohn
PROBATION

Word on the street is Brad Pitt sat his stinky ass in that seat & farted plenty of times :P
NOT ANGELINA!
bwaaaa ahahaaaa
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:54 PM   #26
Mo

Grego, this is Mo from Angler's Yak Shack.

It is true that MK started making their own hatches (C.O.D. manufacturing) for their kayaks, and stopped using the Viking hatches, but the deminsions are the same. The difference in the COD hatches vs the Viking are the number of latches.

The KayaTank model KT-08 fits both COD and Viking hatches on new and old MKs. Thanks for checking out our web site. It may take people awhile to get their heads around an internal bait tank, but if you talk to anyone who has one, they would never go back. Sort of like cable vs dial up. It is very quiet, and a pemanent no hassle no set-up bait tank. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Mo
Old 02-10-2006, 03:33 PM   #27
Siebler

On the OK rectangle hatches they did indeed change sizes. My extremes hatches were a different size than the ones o9n my newer Xfactor, it wasnt just the number of Dogs.

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:36 PM   #28
Grego

Hey Mo, thanks for the reply....I'll shoot you an email very soon with some questions for my tandem and the hatches.

I guess the dimension change was insignificant to the application of your tanks, or maybe they made an adjustment. After pondering some more over it, when I was making my yak, I remembered screaming and yell'n at Chappy (MK's master craftsman) on the whereabouts of the old aluminum cut out templates for my viking hatches because I specifically wanted the two latch system, and the new template didn't leave enough space for my preference for riveting... :P :lol: .....one of the benefits of being sponsored by them :lol:

Oh and John, Mr Pitts farts did....oh never mind, I'll see you soon my LP bro!!
Grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:01 PM   #29
Mo

Thanks Bassboy. The KayaTank models for the fX and eX fit the new COD hatches. I will check on the old ones. Mo