Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #81
bus kid
Team Keine Zugehörigkeit

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Stone's action - apparently without serious thought or consideration - is systematic of the problem "consumptive" outdoorsmen and women face. The knee jerk signing onto a feel-good message has an impact and corresponding consequences.

Stone realized a positive PR bump from MLPA proponents. Stone's name, compiled with others who jumped on board the closure train without thinking it through (save the ocean? sure), carried political weight that damaged our cause, contributing to the vast and unreasonable closures in Laguna and Malibu, and the La Jolla encirclement. Stone saying they didn't mean it is too little, too late. The damage is done.

I experienced the rigged kangaroo court (or kabuki if you like) political theater of the MLPA from way too close. I'm not ready to forgive or forget. I vote with my dollars. None of them will ever flow Stone's way.

One more note: a lot of kayak anglers and free divers gave up dozens and even hundreds of precious hours of free time to preserve coastal access. La Jolla would have been closed without the effort. WE made it politically impossible to shut down the north kelp. Every other user group that still enjoys access to LJ has our combined grassroots efforts to thank. If you weren't around for that nightmare, it may be difficult to understand the passion and anger the topic ignites.
Amen, Thank you Paul again for the Hard work.

stone, still

Não alimente os trolls------------Don't feed the trolls---------------インタネット荒らしを無視しろ

bus kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 09:32 PM   #82
JarrodMc

What's really funny, my buddy works at Stone and they sponsor company fishing trips and charter some of the local sporties! Now tell me that's not hypocritical...
Old 04-26-2013, 11:01 AM   #83
FishNinjaY

I don't know about the beer... but yesterday, Erik Landesfeind at Bloody Decks summed everything you need to know about DFW and MLPA in this nice article:

DFW + MLPA = CRAP

http://www.bdoutdoors.com/article/mlpa-dfw-crap/

FishNinjaY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 02:28 PM   #84
roadx

BUMP

Fu¢K Stone Brewery...... do not support them.
Old 12-14-2013, 03:32 PM   #85
alanw
Made in U.S.A.

The ocean is huge and the MLPA's are tiny. What's all the hubbub, bub?

Malibu Stealth-12 ¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>

Its not a spelling B its a fishing B ~yakjoe
alanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 04:51 PM   #86
LPetro
Junior

That's so unfortunate, I"m a big lover of hoppy Stone beers, and was going to make their brewery my first stop on my 21st next month. Due to a recent infraction I received, from the life guards in La Jolla for my lack of proper knowledge of the MLPA zone (drifting into the MLPA with a line out), I haven't had the best taste in my mouth for MLPA regulations. I defiantly won't be washing that taste out with a Stone now!
P.s. If anyone on this forum could give me some advice when it comes to fighting this citation I would appreciate it. I recently started ocean fishing, an I know my mistaken knowledge of the zones is no excuse but it sucks getting a ticket making bait..
LPetro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:07 PM   #87
jorluivil

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPetro View Post
That's so unfortunate, I"m a big lover of hoppy Stone beers, and was going to make their brewery my first stop on my 21st next month. Due to a recent infraction I received, from the life guards in La Jolla for my lack of proper knowledge of the MLPA zone (drifting into the MLPA with a line out), I haven't had the best taste in my mouth for MLPA regulations. I defiantly won't be washing that taste out with a Stone now!
P.s. If anyone on this forum could give me some advice when it comes to fighting this citation I would appreciate it. I recently started ocean fishing, an I know my mistaken knowledge of the zones is no excuse but it sucks getting a ticket making bait..
Only advise I can give you is to learn the MLPA zones, this phone app should help

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/m/MPA/

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 10:06 PM   #88
dmrides

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanw View Post
The ocean is huge and the MLPA's are tiny. What's all the hubbub, bub?
90% of the fish are in 10% of the ocean, that's the hubbub. Be thankful a handful of devoted people fought to keep access to some of that 10%.
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:20 AM   #89
roadx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPetro View Post
if you were in the scripps SMCA, coastal pelagic's are legal to take on rod and reel

"Coastal pelagic species means any of the following: northern anchovy (Engraulis mordax), Pacific sardine (Sardinops sagax), Pacific mackerel (Scomber japonicus), jack mackerel (Trachurus symmetricus), and market squid (Loligo opalescens)"

oh....... and F stone brewery
Old 05-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #90
roadx

BUMP..... little reminder and heads up for the new comers.

Fu¢K Stone Brewery...... you like to fish?? not support them.

and a HUGH thanks to all the vets out there. Thank YOU