Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #41
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
I know.. Just confusing as some say get it and so e don't as its a waste.. I was told unless your in TJ or Ensenada its not worth it as you won't get stopped and asked for it.. I rather save money and spend it on the locals verses paying for something that is rarely checked.. I will start a poll here
My vote goes to getting it. If you get stopped without it no idea what can happen but I don't want to find out for a lousy 25 dollars.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:30 PM   #42
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

We are guests in a foreign country. Why not abide by their rules. It is not that expensive, and if it adds 15 minutes to your border experience, it would be a surprise to me. I've never been checked for my Mexican fishing lic. Or Mex insurance card either but I wouldn't think of going without them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 08:21 AM   #43
buddha

We are now ready for the first baja trip

THE DATES ARE SET:

We are leaving on December 26th we will arrive in Bahia Asuncion on the 27th and will be back on January 5th.

If you want to leave earlier or stay later that is no problem.

Ok We are filled with 4 people for the San Rogue house.

If you want to tent camp next to the house it is 5 bucks/night.

If you want to rent another house you need to get a hold of Shari as this is peak season.

http://bahiaasuncion.com/php/index.p...tpage&Itemid=1

http://bahiaasuncionmexico.wordpress.com/

Fishing is great all year long here and is good everywhere also.

Surf fishing is very good and a lot of halibut.

Kayak fishing is very good.

Panga fishing is great.

October to December is the peak season and they get busy but january the fishing is just about peak.

Yellowtail fishing was awesome last January and the calico bass bite is epic.

Shari the owner has a New Year's Party, potluck, dancing etc you will be invited to of course!!! It's a blast."

I think this could be an amazing trip and one that we might do a few times a year.

So far Makobob, Svendawg, Rossman, and Buddha are in for this trip.

Baja or Bust!

Last edited by buddha; 11-22-2013 at 03:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #44
buddha

Shari told me that the water temperature is usually n the 70s in January so that bodes well for yellowtail. She said the calico bass fishing is insane down there.

With the water temperature that warm just light clothing is needed for the trip.

Bring plenty of lures as they are expensive down there. Mostly ex rap rapalas, irons, spoons, and bass lures will suffice.

Come join us!

Baja or bust!
Old 10-14-2013, 04:10 PM   #45
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
75 DAYS and counting, Lot's of HUGE CALICOS, do not forget your Z-Man plastics, those calicos are always hungry. Hope you can join us! All are invited. Tight lines and....................

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:33 PM   #46
dorado50

water temps in the 70's in the month of January! on the pacific side! that's amazing!
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 09:46 PM   #47
dorado50

[QUOTE=momo fish;171377]I know.. Just confusing as some say get it and so e don't as its a waste.. I was told unless your in TJ or Ensenada its not worth it as you won't get stopped and asked for it.. I rather save money and spend it on the locals verses paying for something that is rarely checked.. I will start a poll here [/QUOTE

I vote that in Mex you are presumed quilty until proven innocent(much like here in the USA). Not always a wise thing to believe hearsay........
dorado50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:57 AM   #48
buddha

Why risk the consequences of not having a tourist visa?

Let's refrain from any more of these posts please.

This trip is going to be great.

Camping is only 5 bucks a night.

Great yellowtail, calico and halibut fishing.

Come on down with us and remember to bring your tourist visa!

Baja or Bust!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #49
momo fish

to each their own I guess. Just came back from Bahia de los Angeles last night.. Stopped three times at military checkpoint and spoke to local polica in ensenada and we asked cause we are stupid I guess, lol... Was told they don't check unless you pass through guerra negro... Sorry but if the people enforcing the rules tell me I don't need it then not spending the money..

again to each their own, do what you feel is best.. The locals living there 10 plus years told us the same thing.. Some almost laughed when I asked if we should of gotten Tone. here you go, first hand info..
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #50
momo fish

BTW.. Best trip ever!! I will be joining you guys on future trips.. What an amazing place
momo fish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #51
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo fish View Post
to each their own I guess. Just came back from Bahia de los Angeles last night.. Stopped three times at military checkpoint and spoke to local polica in ensenada and we asked cause we are stupid I guess, lol... Was told they don't check unless you pass through guerra negro... Sorry but if the people enforcing the rules tell me I don't need it then not spending the money..

again to each their own, do what you feel is best.. The locals living there 10 plus years told us the same thing.. Some almost laughed when I asked if we should of gotten Tone. here you go, first hand info..
Bahia Asuncion is past Guerrero Negro.

I think the visa is good for 6 months.

Plenty of Mexico trips planned.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:56 PM   #52
Ojos_raros

We will most likely be making this trip too. Have been there 2 times and we usually leave Dec 26 and cross the border around 9 - 10 am.

the yellowtail are 30 - 40 lbers and are MEAN!! Bring lots of 30 cm X raps, green color best and plastics for bass. Fish line at least 40 - 50 lb. yes 50, or else!! We usually camp in town as it has internet and hot showers there, a must after fishing all day! PM me if you want any info about this place. It is KILLER!

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment -Buddha
Ojos_raros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:13 PM   #53
buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ojos_raros View Post
We will most likely be making this trip too. Have been there 2 times and we usually leave Dec 26 and cross the border around 9 - 10 am.

the yellowtail are 30 - 40 lbers and are MEAN!! Bring lots of 30 cm X raps, green color best and plastics for bass. Fish line at least 40 - 50 lb. yes 50, or else!! We usually camp in town as it has internet and hot showers there, a must after fishing all day! PM me if you want any info about this place. It is KILLER!
We rented a house from Shari that is about 5 miles from town. I guess we will go into town after fishing and get showers. We can meet up when you are down there. I will mostly be fishing for calico so I will bring a bunch of plastics. Halibut are also good in the surf and I will try for them also.
Old 10-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #54
buddha

Another article on fishing in Bahia Asuncion.

http://www.transpeninsularoutfitters...-asuncion.html
Old 10-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #55
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Tomorrow we are down to 60 days and counting! Come and join us, should be lot's of good fun and great fishing. Big YT, Bigger Bonita, and Biggest Calicos in the WORLD! Halibut too. What more could you ask for in the middle of winter?

Buddha will be setting up a get together for Tidelands Park the end of November, we will fish the morning, have a BBQ, and plan the trip. If you are thinking about going in Dec/Jan to Asuncion, now is the time to let Buddha, or Makobob know if you are planing to join us.

All are welcome on the Baja or Bust trips. Bring your kayak, your canoe, paddle board, skiff, jet ski, or just fish from the surf. This is one of the few areas in the world where you can catch YT from the beach! Hope to see you all there.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 10-26-2013, 05:20 PM   #56
buddha

Ok it is 60 days to the trip.

We are going to have a little get together that will be on the weekends of November 30/Dec. 1 or the following weekend of Dec. 7/8.

We will fish in the morning and then have a little picnic to share and discuss the trip and do a little bonding.

Anyone that is still interested in the trip should get a hold of Makobob or myself.

This is going to be a fantastic trip as we are going at the peak time down there.

There is plenty of room for people that want to camp near the house at San Roque or if you want to rent another accommodation you would need to do it fast as this is the peak season.

Please let us know if you are interested in this trip and get together.
Old 10-26-2013, 09:03 PM   #57
buddha

Here are some pictures of the San Roque House and the area.

https://plus.google.com/photos/11603...409?banner=pwa
Old 10-30-2013, 03:11 PM   #58
kelpbass91
Junior

what about spearfishing? Hows the vis down there?
kelpbass91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 03:08 PM   #59
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpbass91 View Post
what about spearfishing? Hows the vis down there?

According to Shari in Asuncion this is her answer to your question. They usually have pretty good vis!
Hi Robert....today is is crystal clear and has been great all week...lots of yellowtail.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 11-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #60
buddha

Ok we have a month and a half to go.

We are going to have a little get together that will be on Dec. 8.

It will be at Tidelands Park in Coronado.

We will fish in the morning and then have a little picnic to share and discuss the trip and do a little bonding.

Anyone that is still interested in the trip should get a hold of Makobob or myself.

This is going to be a fantastic trip as we are going at the peak time down there.

There is plenty of room for people that want to camp near the house at San Roque or if you want to rent another accommodation you would need to do it fast as this is the peak season.

Please let us know if you are interested in this trip and get together.

DATES ARE SET:

We are leaving on December 26th and arrive in Bahia Asuncion on the 27th and will be back on January 5th.

If you want to leave earlier or stay later that is no problem.

Ok We are filled with 4 people for the San Rogue house.

If you want to tent camp next to the house it is 5 bucks/night.

If you want to rent another house you need to get a hold of Shari as this is peak season.

http://bahiaasuncion.com/php/index.p...tpage&Itemid=1

http://bahiaasuncionmexico.wordpress.com/

Fishing is great all year long here and is good everywhere also.

Surf fishing is very good and a lot of halibut.

Kayak fishing is very good.

Panga fishing is great.

October to December is the peak season and they get busy but january the fishing is just about peak.

Yellowtail fishing was awesome last January and the calico bass bite is epic.

Shari the owner has a New Year's Party, potluck, dancing etc you will be invited to of course!!! It's a blast."

I think this could be an amazing trip and one that we might do a few times a year.

So far Makobob, Svendawg, Rossman, and Buddha are in for this trip.

Last edited by buddha; 11-22-2013 at 03:45 PM.