Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-14-2022, 07:57 PM   #21
FrankMCG
Junior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revoguys View Post
Garmin all day! I made the mistake of buying a lowrance to try it out cause the kayak fishing world here love lowrance, worst decision I made! Garmin man, don’t make the same mistake as me! Fish on!
Agree with that. Striker Plus is a great budget pick but due to my vision problems, I had to update it to Lowrance elite fs. Disgusting especially if you’re used to the interface and convenience of Garmin stuff. Lucky I got him back in the store and changed to echoMap(review here). Hits the pocket - sure but I'm pretty satisfied with it and hope that I’ve purchased a real friend for years!

Last edited by FrankMCG; 04-27-2022 at 07:07 PM.
FrankMCG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 03:33 AM   #22
JohnMckroidJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankMCG View Post
Agree with that. Striker Plus is a great budget pick but due to my vision problems, I had to update it to Lowrance elite fs. Disgusting especially if youÂ’re used to the interface and convenience of Garmin stuff. Lucky I got him back in the store and changed to echoMap(review here). Hits the pocket - sure but I'm pretty satisfied with it and hope that IÂ’ve purchace a real friend for years
Glad that you are satisfied. I bought the Echomap 94sv when it first came out at a premium price. The format did not fit my needs -- A side window of invaluable data made the useable info comparable to the smaller 7-inch unit it was replacing. On top of that, the 3yr older Raymarine tracked a descending jig and fish chasing it better than the replacement. That said, a newer version of Echomap may have an improved presentation. Presently using a Raymarine Element, and find it to be a disappointment, looking to trade it in for something different. Maybe try hummingbird or a higher-end Lowrance.
JohnMckroidJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 10:55 AM   #23
daperrin
www.TheKayakLaunch

I had a Striker 4 for a couple of years. It was a solid unit, no complaints. I just recently moved up to a Lowrance Hook 5. My eyes just did not like the 3.5 in screen of the Striker and I needed more power and a better transducer for the deeper waters I frequent now. The Hook definitely gives me much better resolution and detail at 400 ft. Of course its a much more expensive model so time will tell if it was the right move.

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@thekayaklaunch
https://www.instagram.com/thekayaklaunch
daperrin is offline   Reply With Quote