Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2018, 05:12 PM   #1
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

I'll chime in on this...

First, thanks again Paul for your hard work

1. 365 days from date of purchase.
2. Minimum 10% discount for veterans and seniors, 55 or 65 and older, they already paid their dues.
3. Raise age to 18, instead of 16 to require a license.
4. Any future MLPA meetings be held in the area that they are proposing, i.e., if it's about San Diego, hold it in San Diego, not way up north (some of you know what I mean). Allow those who will be affected to attend.
5. Any future MLPA meetings, the 'esteemed' BRTF pay their lodgings and food. (I know, reaching on that one).
6. Discounts on those who have had licenses renewed yearly, say, 10 year minimum. Or, offer a discount for multi-year purchases.
7. MLPA review with scientific proof, not influenced by non-fishers, yearly. Surely they are already conducting these researches. Not their 5-year rule.

Some good ideas here that I agree with...

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 05:38 PM   #2
tacmik

Good arguments for both year round and end of year license. How about this. license good until the end of the year but every quarter of the year, the price is reduced.
Also by dropping the price to begin with, more people would consider buying a license. As it stands, every time they raise the price, they sell less licenses. More people buying, higher the revenue.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:37 PM   #3
skrilla

1. 365

2. A license card you can swipe instead of a 10ft long piece of receipt paper.

3. Or adopt Hawaii's regs... no license required for recreational saltwater fishing.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:43 PM   #4
Tman
BRTF...bought & paid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla View Post
1. 365

2. A license card you can swipe instead of a 10ft long piece of receipt paper.

3. Or adopt Hawaii's regs... no license required for recreational saltwater fishing.
Ya, but if you catch an ono, ahi, or a marlin from a boat, it's theirs...

Marlins are sold to the smokers

Tman
Gaffer for Clay the Fishcatcher
Tman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:06 PM   #5
grey zone

I think a 365 day license from date of purchase is long over due, can't tell you how many people I have told that it is not worth buying an annual license when it will only be good for a couple of months. Make non-resident fees substantial, I pay $105 for a two week non-resident AK license. Reinstate the saltwater only license for a reduced fee. Lastly, what did the DFG&W think was going to happen with the creation of MLPA's that have so improved our fishing!
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 09:49 PM   #6
Fiskadoro

Quote:
Originally Posted by skrilla View Post
A license card you can swipe instead of a 10ft long piece of receipt paper..

Don't get me started. I loved the old paper, hate the new paper which can degrade.
Fiskadoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 10:14 PM   #7
Tigermidge

What really gets me is the regulation with unclear areas. and its up to you to figure it out.
Example: Lake Crowley Monument, where is it, what is it, (i know but most people don't) a map of closed areas or a special Regulation, easy to read. For the WHOLE state!!!!!!!
Tigermidge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 11:19 PM   #8
tak100
Recruit

2 Cents

I would introduce max size limits to keep those big breeders out there making more babies. Say 13-18-inch bass ok to keep, anything bigger or smaller goes back to breed (or whatever some scientist suggests).
I think this would really help the WSB and Halibut populations. Probably better than expensive hatcheries (which I am also happy to pay for).

https://www.sciencedaily.com/release...0102112241.htm

18 age limit is a great idea, become an adult and start paying. Help families fish together.

Pound for pound recreational fisherman spend way more dollars than commercial fisherman. Better fishing equals more participation equals more revenue for the DFG and the economy as a whole. Focus should be on protecting and enhancing recreational fishing.

And to reinforce my first point and some of the other suggestions, let the science dictate the fishing rules.

There is a way to get a discount on current fishing licenses, buy a lifetime license. You will at least not have to worry about future price increases.
tak100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 12:10 PM   #9
PapaDave

Two things...

1. Good for 365 days.
2. Renewable cards, like a credit card, that can be updated.

Well, maybe three...

3. graduated fees for lifetime license based on age.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:12 PM   #10
cabojohn
PROBATION

There should be a basic fish test before anyone gets a license to kill.
Identify species, laws, bounderies etc. Know before you go?
Kalifornia needs to set the bar hi by raising the cost of a license! $250-$1000.
Kalifornia anglers have the money...how about a kayak angler tax too?
Gotta pay to play.

jk-
IF i were to get another CA license I would like to see paper and digital accepted
cabojohn is offline   Reply With Quote