Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2010, 09:43 PM   #1
Jimmyz123

Yo-zuri Hybrid line

Has anyone ever used the Yo-Zuri Hybrid lines? If so, what do you think?
Jimmyz123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 09:06 AM   #2
JD

Yo Zuri Hybird

I have used it, i think it's awful! To give an example, a couple of years ago i was fishing on an overnight. In the morning we had a steady pick on Albies and YT. I was the only guy that couldnt get bit usung that Yo Zuri crap! As soon as i switched to Trilene i was on. Same bait, same gear, different line.

Yo Zuri doesn lay in the water right and seems to hold the shape from the spool. I'd strongly reccomend against it!

JD
Old 03-30-2010, 11:23 AM   #3
greenscales
greenscales

Inconsistent

The Hybrid has changed overtime. What was available years ago isn't the same as now. They also have an H.D. Carbon leader that is light pink, similar to flouro, but an even harder finish. I caught my largest WSB w/the original purple/smoke color before it hit the U.S. market. 17lb. test (more like 22lb.) and landed a 70lb. Ghost off Rocky Point about 8 years ago in heavy fog. However the importer used another company to spool the line on to the retail spools and it heated up, ruining various batches, destroying the products reputation when it first came out. Similar issues w/inconsistent quality occurred until a few years back. Now they have a decent rep for those who tried the clear since and they have a softer version for spinning, but I still think it has a little too much memory - but tough though. I use it on a back up reel, and it has weathered pretty good.

As w/any line, try some on just one reel you use on local trips before investing in spooling up your all of your gear. If you like it, then your confidence in the product will be more important than any difference in line features.
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 12:27 PM   #4
grey zone

Good line, very strong and tough. It handles the wear and tear of jig casting very well. It is a little stiffer than most lines but its breaking strength is exceptional which is very helpfull when combined with spectra. I have used green, blue and clear and they all work well.
grey zone is offline   Reply With Quote