Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2008, 08:31 PM   #21
bellcon

Steveooo,
frigen classic!!
perfect music
gonna grab the wife and show her
might help her understand my passion and addiction
Congrats
thanks for sharing
bellcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:18 PM   #22
Rusty

Nice work man... I like the camera set-up too.
Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #23
Slay Rider

Enjoy your videos and hope you keep them coming.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:51 PM   #24
twitchy

Cool Good to meeet you

Steve,
That was a hairy launch. My car said that the air temp was 35 degrees. Thanks for the advice, I am always stoked to learn from the masters. I hope that you get that yellow that you have been chasing.
twitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 08:54 AM   #25
JOHN K
Junior

Real Nice . . . Another great video and a good example of "how-to-land a T" A few weeks back I caught one for my first kayak fish and wasn't prepared to bring it on board, you handled it like a pro. What a rush.

Thanks for sharing the quality video's and posts.
JOHN K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:19 PM   #26
wbrewski

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveooo View Post
Since no one else is confessing, I’ll share

First off, big thanks to Matt, who swore he'd get me on a T one day, even if he had to sell his first born.
Woke up at 3am to get to the shores at a decent hour. Met Andrew and John at the launch- Cool Peeps. Had a very ungraceful, cold and wet launch to wake me up. Skipped making bait and went straight out. Dropped a frozen squid on a dropper loop to the bottom and started the Yo-Yo game. On the second drop my Tady gets slammed about ten feet below the boat, on the drop. It hit so hard I got an immediate birds nest. As I was pulling out line I notice that my line is slack. As I notice that, out of the corner of my eye I see and hear a gray SPLASH behind me. I reel up the slack and get an immediate
After purposely (and unsuccessfully) chasing Thresher sharks for so long, I thought it was ironic that I hooked one almost right after I had given up hope of ever catching one, and made my peace with myself about it.

I had him to the boat the first time after about a minute. I saw he was mouth-hooked for an instant, before he took off deep into the abyss, almost pulling me over. The second time I got him near the boat he just stayed about ten feet below the yak, and seemed pretty content there.
When I thought he was tired enough I brought him up, grabbed my jig, and dispatched him fairly easy. The entire fight only lasted about 15 minutes. I put on a quick tail rope and peddled over to some ex-yakers on a PB to get my pic taken.

I think he was a perfect size. Not too big, but big enough to vacuum seal 54 individual size portions.

I will cook some up tonight, but you guys can feel free to kick me down with your best T- Shark recipes.

And of course, the video with the bumping soundtrack…

&ampampnbsp
&ampampnbsp
Steve, in the vido are you cutting the gills to kill the shark?
wbrewski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 03:33 PM   #27
steveooo

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbrewski View Post
Steve, in the vido are you cutting the gills to kill the shark?

Yes. I cut the gills then went for the tail rope. I think some guys do that in reverse order, but I had it mouth hooked with the jig in pretty solid, so I was able to get to the gills. He bled an obscene amount, enough that I was worried about other sharks but, it did dispatch him pretty quickly.
steveooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #28
reel fishy

Steveooo-

Congrats on your T! Perfect eating size. I'm still waiting for my first yak T.

I don't know if you or others have posted it before, but I would really like to see your mount setup for the video camera. Your videos are sick.

If you get a chance, maybe you can make a post showing your rigging method. Or if you already posted it before, maybe a link...

reel fishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 09:03 AM   #29
fishchaser25

thats Fing awsome bro. congrats