Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 04-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #1
Phishphood

4/21

Got a late launch at 7. Stayed mostly in close, 40-70 fow. Had a little trouble making bait (no electronics) and only got Spanish Macs. Others seemed to have no problem. Fly lined them all over the place but had trouble maintaining any set location after the wind picked up just a little bit. My barge catches way too much wind...

No bites and it looked like everyone else was having a pretty slow day. Not sure how the ones that went further off shore did. I did see someone land one Yt in line 10 minutes right where I had been drifting for the past two hours... oh well, still nice weather and better than the office.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Phishphood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:15 PM   #2
Phishphood

Forgot to say I saw no surface action whatsoever. No birds either and much fewer tuna crab

Old 04-21-2016, 03:24 PM   #3
bolocop

same here for me. Managed a few mega macs, but brown bait was everywhere.

Saw a puddler YT close to my yak at grey light. I thought it was a sea lion, but the fork never lies.

Also, while pulling up on the sabiki with a spanish, a 15-20# YT followed it to the yak.

The rest of the time was spent exercising and feeding sea lions.

Anyone report success like in the days past? I guess we're too close to the full moon?
bolocop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 03:34 PM   #4
kirkdavis

It was my first time to LJ on my outback. Bait was easy at daylight, but only a few greenbacks. YT were not around. I resorted to drop jigging squid and got a sheephead and a sculpin, so at least got a good dinner. Finally saw a yakker with a nice fat 25ish yt he had caught shortly after noon.
Thanks to the friendly yakkers that gave me some friendly tips and advise. I forget the names but the first friendly was just going for a short time before going to work.

Last edited by kirkdavis; 04-22-2016 at 08:36 AM. Reason: Forgot thanks
kirkdavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 05:12 PM   #5
Darrell
Junior

Thanks for the timely report. Like you said, beats a day at the office and looked like a nice day to be on the water. I'll give it a shot tommorow
Darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #6
Phishphood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrell View Post
Thanks for the timely report. Like you said, beats a day at the office and looked like a nice day to be on the water. I'll give it a shot tommorow
Weather was nice except maybe the breeze for me. First time I've burnt my arms and legs... Wear sun protection