Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2007, 01:20 PM   #1
raffman55

La Jolla Sunday Ghost Sighting

Took my son for his first LJ venture, met up with Ms. Maggie and made it through a dry launch at 7:30. Made our way to the pier, found some small greenies, took a dozen and began the slow troll west. Spent the first couple hours dodging knotheads, decided to head to the point. Never made it. Nearly straight out from the launch Maggie is on, after a few minutes and screams, she boats her first yellow, her story. Minutes later, my spinning gear goes off, wait, stops, goes again, I'm on! Fish was pulling like a train, just hoping it wasn't a Thresher like Maggie caught 2 weeks ago. After a while it tired enough to bring to color, Yikes!! A nice WSB!! After a bit of work and oneheckuva' adrenaline rush, I boat my first ghost, and personal best fish. Measured 51", weighed in at 36 plus. Stoked was not the word, so jazzed that my son was there to see this. Now to get one for him. Yanni was nice enough to take some shore pics, Mag has some OTW ones. She had to make a quick exit after finding a used sabiki embedded in one of her toes, emergency room visit for her. Bad ending to a great morning, hope all works out with the toe. Again, I'll be your wingman anytime, Tom