Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-13-2015, 10:00 AM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
ASUNCION for THANKSGIVING

Baja or Bust will be leaving for Asuncion on 23 November and return on the 3rd of December. Buddha will be cooking turkey on the beach for THANKSGIVING.

I would like a comfirm or deny from those listed below and for others who would go to sign in.

Deamon YES
RomSpaceNut YES
Stinky
Buddha YES
Zed
Cabo John ???
Lea ???
East los yaker YES
Dannowar ???
Svendawg YES
Mako YES
Greenscles YES

Any others?

If we leave TJ by 5am we should hit Asuncion around 6 or just after dark so I would like to be at boarder at 4am if possible.......
All aboard.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 09-21-2015 at 06:11 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 01:34 PM   #2
Deamon

Hey Bob, I'm in. Robert/RomSpaceNut will ride w me, I think. We'll wait for his final confirm. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:56 PM   #3
romspacenut

I'm in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deamon View Post
Hey Bob, I'm in. Robert/RomSpaceNut will ride w me, I think. We'll wait for his final confirm. Jim
romspacenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 04:45 PM   #4
Dannowar

"Won't know till it's closer but you know I'm always game.
Old 08-15-2015, 06:31 AM   #5
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Ok Danny.
With the water temps still rising this could be the BEST Asuncion trip in the last 3 years. Also only 50 miles from La Bocana and Coyote lagoon. Not to mention the reefs of Abreojos for grouper.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-15-2015, 05:38 PM   #6
EastLosYaker

Yes, Bob. I am in
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2015, 06:46 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Yes, Bob. I am in
AWESOME, I look forward to you nailing a big tail on your little ole FLYROD.
How could it get any better than that????? OH I know, getting a GROUPER on it.
REMEMBER this is also a supply run for Ross so pm him and see if he has any special requests? Thanks guys, tight lines. Anyone else with an interest to join us?

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 08-15-2015 at 06:58 PM.
Old 08-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #8
EastLosYaker

Just noticed that last post was my 100th. Doesn't get any better than that.
EastLosYaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2015, 12:47 PM   #9
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastLosYaker View Post
Just noticed that last post was my 100th. Doesn't get any better than that.
Kevin, we will celibrate when you reach a thousand posts OR Baja fish, maybe a bottle of something special around a BAJA camp fire. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-30-2015, 11:35 AM   #10
makobob
Baitless on Baja

53 Days and counting.

Asuncion and THANKSGIVING

Yep, Thanksgiving with Rossman, Turkey dinner by Buddha, aka Jeff. This is going to be a great trip, YT to over 50 lbs, BIG CALICOS, goats and Bonita. Corvina, croaker and Halis from the beach. Because of water temps, possible tuna, also last year a wahoo was caught about 8 miles from the place while were there. Rossman has been fishing this area since March and has it dialed in. I am sure he will give us a few updates as we get closer.

As of today this is the information I have on this trip. Leave 23 November, and return 3 December.

Buddha
Svendawg
Makobob
Rossman

The above have made the ASUNCION trips the last few years, if you have Questions please pm us. This year others will join us there. Those who are ready to CONFIRM please post here so I can start the planing process for this trip. Thank you and tight lines. Oh and HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!!!

This year's fishermen are CONFIRMED

Buddha
Svendawg
Deamon
RomSpaceNut
EastLosYaker
Greenscales
Makobob

For those above please let me know if anything changes, for those ready to CONFIRM post here. Thanks/

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 09-30-2015 at 11:45 AM.
Old 09-30-2015, 11:50 AM   #11
buddha

Kevin Nakada theSea Samurai and his gf are going to let me know if they are coming. If he does it will be a short trip only 4 days so 2 days of fishing.

I told him to give me at least 2 weeks notice so we shall see.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #12
Denis_Ruso

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddha View Post
Kevin Nakada theSea Samurai and his gf are going to let me know if they are coming. If he does it will be a short trip only 4 days so 2 days of fishing.

I told him to give me at least 2 weeks notice so we shall see.

Is anyone else going for 4 days? I can swing 4 days not the full length of the trip.
Denis_Ruso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 09:48 AM   #13
greenscales
greenscales

I am in - w/tweek to my dates

If you have a space for me, I will head out on Sat. 21 to Punta Baja or near there and meet you in El Roario at your convenience Monday. Then start heading back Friday PM to work the coast home in time for work the next week. If anyone wants to join me that knows Asucion, then maybe just meet you guys Monday night down there. But I will take suggestions as well.
Thanks - Richard
greenscales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 01:06 PM   #14
udowinkler
Junior

Hola Bob!

Keep in mind that if you leave TJ (@Otay Mesa, not San Ysidro), it will take you about an hour to Ensenada. From there it is 45 minutes to the last traffic light in Maneadero (the turn to the blow hole). Then, barring any major truck or bus delays through the mountains, it is about 3 hours to San Quintin. So that is about 5 hours of the day, plus you lose an hour when entering BCS.
Then from San Quintin, allowing half hour for lunch, to BA, is about 7+ hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
Baja or Bust will be leaving for Asuncion on 23 November and return on the 3rd of December. Buddha will be cooking turkey on the beach for THANKSGIVING.

I would like a comfirm or deny from those listed below and for others who would go to sign in.

Deamon YES
RomSpaceNut YES
Stinky
Buddha YES
Zed
Cabo John ???
Lea ???
East los yaker YES
Dannowar ???
Svendawg YES
Mako YES
Greenscles YES

Any others?

If we leave TJ by 5am we should hit Asuncion around 6 or just after dark so I would like to be at boarder at 4am if possible.......
All aboard.
udowinkler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:01 PM   #15
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Udo, thats about right, most of us are older so I usually stop every hour and a half to two hours, you know to stretch the old legs and...... I figure 13 hours total and that is staying safe and not pushing it.... And IF we have to drive in the dark it is just the last 30 miles going into Asuncion which is a pretty good stretch.
Richard, we will be easy for you to spot, just 3-4 trucks with kayaks attached headed south in tandem. We might slow down if we see other yaks, or know where you will be. Guys remember to pm Rossman and see if there are things he might need. Tight lines.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 10-08-2015 at 02:10 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:47 AM   #16
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

Well it is a little over a month before the Makobob mob desends on Bahia Asuncion and I thought I would give a little update on the fishing conditions. Since I got back from Southern California last month, the fishing has been a bit of a challenge. We had a 10 day stretch of high surf, unpredictable winds and scattered thunderstorms. It was tough to find the right window to get out on the water. When I did get out the yellowtail fishing was tough. The 80 degree water seemed to have pushed the quality yellows into deeper water. There was still some action but mostly in the 5 to 10 pound range. I did have one wahoo hookup and a couple Dorado hooked and lost during this period but mostly disappointing until yesterday. I decider to stay local yesterday because my usual spots in San Roque have been void of life for my last post here sessions. I started with a long drift in 50 to 75 ft of water right in front of my place and had constant action on nice chunky calicos on the megabaits. I then paddled a couple miles to a spot south of Isla Asuncion and found a few yellows. Ended up with 5, all of which were small except one which I harvested, that taped out at around 36 lbs. I also managed a couple whitefish and a surprise juvenile Amberjack. A first for me in this area. I also had a small hen Dorado to the yak but came unbuttoned as I was reaching for the gaff. All in all a pretty nice half day of fishing.

P1000575~3.jpg

P1000552~3.jpg
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 03:27 AM   #17
rossman
Marginally Irrelevant

A couple things you might want to bring down with you when you in November. First of all, I don't have an abundance of dinner plates here. I have a supply of paper plates but just doesn't seem right having turkey dinner off paper plates so if you like eating off a hard plate you might want to bring one down with you. I will be OK with cups, glasses, and silverware but not plates.
With the recent rain and humidity, the mosquitoes have been a bit pesky in the evening and nighttime so you might want to be prepared with the necessary repellents. I suspect the problem may dissipate by November but you should be prepared.
"When beholding the tranquil beauty and brilliancy of the ocean’s skin, one forgets the tiger heart that pants beneath it; and would not willingly remember that this velvet paw but conceals a remorseless fang. "
— Herman Melville

Y'all come see me now, hear!
rossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2015, 04:38 AM   #18
Deamon

Rossman!!! You're just not posting enough fish updates brotha. Living the dream. Jim
Deamon is offline   Reply With Quote