Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2014, 06:05 PM   #1
Endlers

Need a Buddy for tomorrow.

My first launch EVER is going to be around noon tomorrow from Spanish Landing in san diego. It would be nice to not go alone.
Endlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:40 PM   #2
joezee1986

Good luck dude just keep your balance you'll be fine solo!
joezee1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:07 AM   #3
Endlers

Bump, just figured id try once more.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:15 AM   #4
kauaiboy04

if i didn't have to work, i'd gladly go with you...

also, theres a guy on scsf who's planning on hitting spanish landing today as well. meet up with them?

http://socalkayak.blogspot.com

Last edited by kauaiboy04; 04-07-2014 at 08:20 AM.
kauaiboy04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:35 PM   #5
Endlers

So i went, i saw, and got owned. I launched for a whole 20 minutes out of Spanish landing. I paddled a little bit, and then tipped my self over. Which was really really easy to do. i thought it would have been at least a little harder to tip but nope really easy.

Then i was only able to get back into the kayak once. Lucky i didn't paddle to far off shore before dumping my self. I dont know if the kayak was too small? if i was too dumb? But it felt like i was not only doing everything wrong. But that it wouldn't get any better either.

So being all of that said i loaded it back on to the car and returned the kayak to Walmart. I gave it a shot. But i dont know if kayak fishing is for me, at least right now.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #6
ful-rac
Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlers View Post
So i went, i saw, and got owned. I launched for a whole 20 minutes out of Spanish landing. I paddled a little bit, and then tipped my self over. Which was really really easy to do. i thought it would have been at least a little harder to tip but nope really easy.

Then i was only able to get back into the kayak once. Lucky i didn't paddle to far off shore before dumping my self. I dont know if the kayak was too small? if i was too dumb? But it felt like i was not only doing everything wrong. But that it wouldn't get any better either.

So being all of that said i loaded it back on to the car and returned the kayak to Walmart. I gave it a shot. But i dont know if kayak fishing is for me, at least right now.

See not as easy as you thought huh? Good thing you didnt go out in the surf and really hurt yourself. Don't give up just yet, regroup, go check out some better kayaks, try them out then buy the right one for you.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM   #7
William Novotny
The carpetbagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endlers View Post

Dude its the shitty Walmart kayak, not you. And this is why we made a big deal of it concerning lj. I'm glad you practiced in a safe setting. Save your chedda and you can get something decent for cheap. If you wanna come up and fish Newport I've got a yak I know you won't fall off of

http://www.badinfluencetattoo.com/gallery.php?artist=21
William Novotny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 PM   #8
WildernessWanker
WildernessWanker

http://www.bigwatersedge.com/bwevb/s...ad.php?t=21649

From what I understand you're still looking for a decent kayak and aren't lined up with Chad anymore. Thought this wasn't a bad way to go.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk
WildernessWanker is offline   Reply With Quote