Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 04-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #1
Saba Slayer

BoB Captain's Meeting April 29th

The Captain's meeting for the Battle of the Bays tournament will be next Saturday the 29th at 10am next door to Dana Landing.
You can sign-up for the Mission Bay Tourney at the meeting ...but I urge anglers to go to www.battleofthebays.com to register and practice submitting photos...they could be old photos or a photo of your dog...the idea is to just get used to working with the app photo submissions.
PLEASE DON'T WAIT TILL THE LAST MINUTE...I'LL BE ORDERING T-SHIRTS THIS WEEK SO BE SURE TO ORDER THE SIZE YOU NEED!

If you sign-up on the morning of the tourney...you'll still need to register on the iAngler app...so it pays to do it ahead of time.
It's easy to do and PayPal is the best way to pay.

The Captain's Meeting IS NOT MANDATORY...and ...CCA membership IS NOT REQUIRED...!!!

At the meeting, I'll be give some tips on using the hawg trough and the iAngler app. and I'll show you guys how the CPR format and judging will work...it should be fun seeing a running leaderboard to see where you stand and who's winning during the event.

Afran Abutin will be giving some tips on catching bass in Mission Bay...

And... Kevin Nakada will be talking about fishing outside the bay and the opportunities available to win the Big Fish cash side pot

Kevin will be bringing some great looking Hobie camo swag bags with a few cool Hobie products...I'll add a Promar hat and a 4 pack of Big Hammer swim baits and a bottle of scent to add to your lures.
We'll have the hawg troughs for sale if you need one and Dana Landing should have the lures and rigging that Kevin and Afran will be talking about.

REMEMBER...the second twenty that sign up will be in a special drawing for this Promar/AHI kayak package of a
Telescopic Gaff & 7' Sabiki Rod & Landing Net...

Last edited by Saba Slayer; 04-23-2017 at 06:34 AM.
Saba Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 06:22 PM   #2
Baja_Traveler

So I made an attempt to leave the harbor yesterday, and never made it past the jetties. Swells were big, and all the boat traffic throwing crossing wakes made it a scary situation. I was very happy to just get turned around without taking a swim, and I literally was surfing down the face of the swells heading back in.
Popped in to Dana Landing and picked up some stuff - had not been in there since the 80's and was surprised at how nice of a tackle shop it was, then went and picked up a Hawg Trough.
Is it true that we should bring our kayaks, and after the meeting Kevin will be taking us out for on the water tutorials? I'll be heading out anyway, but that was what I was told...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2017, 08:51 PM   #3
Saba Slayer

Kevin

Baja Traveler
Kevin is out of town and I can't confirm that he or Afran will stick around to fish...I'll check on it and get back when I can confirm...

Dana Landing is looking pretty good...that $500 gift card for the Dana Landing shop should enable you to get a few nice things out of there...
It would be a good time to pre-fish the nearby areas for the following weekend and play with the photo submission iAngler app and practice holding a fish on the hawg trough. It's not as easy as it sounds the first couple of times...there is definitely a learning curve...

Old 04-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #4
Saba Slayer

The Captain's meeting is tomorrow morning at 10am

The Captain's meeting is tomorrow morning at 10am...I'll see you in the morning!

Old 04-30-2017, 08:47 AM   #5
Saba Slayer

fun time

That was a really fun and educational captain's meeting yesterday...we had over 40 in attendance.
Afran and Kevin were really interesting to listen to and Afran gave out some good tips for fishing Mission Bay and what type of conditions and structure to target. What a knowledgeable fisherman...
Most of the guys were able to handle the app and the CPR format and lots of guys picked up a hawg trough.
If you are registered for the Battle of the Bays I urge you to practice submitting a couple of photos so you'll see how the electronic system works.
We've got 40 anglers signed-up now and this is looking like it will really be a fun event.
Prime Time Seafood donated 50 lbs of Swordfish and Yanni will put that in a marinade on Saturday morning for our delicious lunch of fish tacos...!

Tom Buckalew is the winner of the Promar/AHI incentive package for the second twenty that signed up for the Mission Bay tournament. I'll give you that package at the event on Saturday.

Thanks for all your support BWE....