Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion

Old 08-29-2018, 06:32 PM   #1
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Location: Vista California, Gonzaga, San Quintin, Asuncion, Mag Bay
Mako-ville UPDATE

It was a trip to Baja, mako-ville to get the gear loaded for my trip next week to Lake
Powell.

NOTE of IMPORTANCE: Guys the costs are running a little HIGH this year. We need to
keep the costs down. Between the Quad, and the Honda for the Solo Skiff I spent about
$375.00 to keep them in top running condition.

OUTBOARD MOTORS: Spent just over $150.00 to have the HONDA 6 serviced, oil
changed and filter replaced, lower unit serviced and CARB Jets cleaned out.

NEW RULE FOR ALL OUTBOARDS: EVERY DAY END OF DAY. Disconnect fuel hose at
FUEL TANK and run engine in fresh water until engine runs out of gas.
LAST DAY OF YOUR TRIP: FOLLOW ABOVE AND THEN EMPTY ALL FUEL FROM THE
FUEL TANK. Put it in YOUR truck, the white Dodge at the restaurant, which is OUR
launch vechicle or burn it in the fire pit, safely please. IF YOU leave it in the tank
YOU will PAY for the next CARB rebuild, or YOU will not be welcome back into camp.
The OLD fuel is causing all our problems. Dave ALSO recommends using fuel stabalizer.
When you leave camp if you used the Gregor or Solo, please leave the fuel tank EMPTY.
Both these engines use about 3 gallons for a days fishing. BRING your fuel with you or
there is a gas station at GONGAZA. If you can get it please use Premium as it is better
for the engines.

QUAD: Spent $225.00 to service the Quad. We had electrical and fuel problems. It now
has a new Carb, fuel pump, fuel filter, oil filter and oil. The key switch was also replaced
along a new fuel cap. YES the quad will do over 50mph. BUT YOU should never need to
go faster then 20-25MPH AND around the restaurant PLEASE keep it down to 5MPH NO
DUST IN MY FOOD PLEASE.......................... When you leave camp at the end of your
trip the Quad needs to be delivered the restaurant with a FULL TANK of FRESH FUEL with
stabalizer.

GUYS I am now on a fixed income. Dave Sivak will be running mako-ville so PLEASE help
him out. I will no longer have the means to keep mako-ville funded, so YOU guys will have
to fix, repair, replace, maintain and upkeep the place. Lease is $1600 per YEAR DUE in
August. You want to keep it open for YOUR use then you need to step up your game.

Before OCTOBER the NEW L16 batteries will be installed, yes another $3000 out of pocket,
but you now have a state of the art solar system which will cover the air conditioning soon
to be installed in the upstairs bedroom.

FISH REPORT: Leather Jackets, Roosterfish, sierra, and Yellowtail were all seen crashing bait
from OUR beach. Ray, a local down the beach picked up a 50 lb rooster in his 75 foot long gill
net in 5 feet of water. Going to be a good year guys. Weather was AWESOME last week. 94-96
degrees day and 78-82 at ight, winds were all BELOW 10 mph. PARADISE.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN

Last edited by makobob; 08-29-2018 at 06:37 PM.
makobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:41 PM   #2
jorluivil

Have you considered a paypal or gofundme account for donations?

www.facebook.com/Teamsewer
jorluivil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:14 PM   #3
ProfessorLongArms

I remember Sivak had one for the radio fund. Throw up a preferred link. I’m good for a donation.
ProfessorLongArms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 07:21 PM   #4
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorluivil View Post
Have you considered a paypal or gofundme account for donations?
I think Dave is looking into that, most of the guys help out a little, this was moore a reminder that it all costs and the hard part is training our users HOW to keep from CAUSING extra costs. IF you guys step it up this place and all the goodies are there for YOU to use.
The toys:
Mako-ville garage, 14 ft Gregor 20hp Honda. 2 Solo Skiffs one 6hp Honda, one 4hp Merc. One Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 for launching boats. A couple of Hobie kayaks, a paddle board, assorted fishing gear. Quad copter, camera, batteries.
Vacuum bagger, freezer, refridgerator, stoves and cook gear. Full solar system, air conditioned bedroom and even a hot water shower.

If you guys pitch in it will be there for years, if not then it will revert back to the local mexican family who owns the property we lease. Your call guys.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-30-2018, 07:20 AM   #5
Sivak

Camp Expenses

All

I have set up a PayPal pool to accept donations to keep camp open and running. Bob is not in a position to keep funding camp. Anything you can help with is greatly appreciated.

https://paypal.me/pools/c/87swL1j4d3

Thank you.
Sivak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 08:11 AM   #6
Zed
BANNED

Quote:
The toys:
Mako-ville garage, 14 ft Gregor 20hp Honda. 2 Solo Skiffs one 6hp Honda, one 4hp Merc. One Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 for launching boats. A couple of Hobie kayaks, a paddle board, assorted fishing gear. Quad copter, camera, batteries.
Vacuum bagger, freezer, refridgerator, stoves and cook gear. Full solar system, air conditioned bedroom and even a hot water shower.
Poor bastard Stealth.
Old 08-30-2018, 12:51 PM   #7
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zed View Post
Poor bastard Stealth.
It went the way of the Dodo bird. Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler now has it, so it found a good home. Thank you Dave for setting up the Paypal to keep mako-ville running for our friends.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 08-30-2018, 04:39 PM   #8
Baja_Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by makobob View Post
It went the way of the Dodo bird. Kai, AKA Baja_Traveler now has it, so it found a good home. Thank you Dave for setting up the Paypal to keep mako-ville running for our friends.
And I'll be paddling it this weekend - My gig here in LA ends in two weeks. No idea where they will send me next, but I hope its home in San Diego, or at least within driving distance from home.

Stopped off at the kayak shop in Lodi on the way up to fish a Vagabundos kokanee tournament. They no longer carry the Stealth line, so now the closest Stealth dealer is in Hawaii...
Baja_Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 10:17 PM   #9
Zed
BANNED

Enjoy. Shes a sexy beast. It seemed to me Stealth missed the bullseye in Lodi when you figure its a punch in n out of the surf quick type of yak (ski). HI is still closer than AUS or RSA.
Youll just have to learn your rigging and glassing skills yourself now.
Old 08-31-2018, 11:52 AM   #10
Dannowar

Sivac. Shoot me a PM and maybe I can set up a month to month auto pay for at least the rent.
Old 08-31-2018, 01:19 PM   #11
Apex Predator
pushpt.com

Thanks

I have never been to mako-ville but is sounds amazing. I had no idea it was ran in such an open way. What an amazing service you all are providing. Awesome vision mako-bob.
Apex Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 04:48 PM   #12
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Predator View Post
I have never been to mako-ville but is sounds amazing. I had no idea it was ran in such an open way. What an amazing service you all are providing. Awesome vision mako-bob.
Thank you I have been promoting mako-ville here for BWE members forcalmost 5 years. It gives our community a place where they can enjoy good to great baja fishing on the cheap. We try to keep it super afordable for our friends. Tight Lines amigo.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-03-2018, 09:25 AM   #13
monstahfish

Thanks Bob and Dave for keeping this special place open to all of us.
monstahfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 07:09 AM   #14
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahfish View Post
Thanks Bob and Dave for keeping this special place open to all of us.
Anytime Shane.

THE ROOSTERS ARE COMING> Yes you heard that write, the roostersare coming to mako-ville.

Actually they are there already. ROOSTERS in camp now.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-13-2018, 07:10 AM   #15
YakDout
Brandon

Quote:
Anytime Shane.

THE ROOSTERS ARE COMING> Yes you heard that write, the roostersare coming to mako-ville.

Actually they are there already. ROOSTERS in camp now.

You talkin that rooster next door I wanted to nail with your blowgun? Or some pez gallo? 5 weeks to go!
YakDout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #16
Dannowar

Quote:
Originally Posted by YakDout View Post
You talkin that rooster next door I wanted to nail with your blowgun? Or some pez gallo? 5 weeks to go!

sounds like someone needs to get up and fish earlier
Old 09-13-2018, 03:15 PM   #17
Mahigeer

Quote:
You talkin that rooster next door I wanted to nail with your blowgun? Or some pez gallo?

From past report:

54-I finally met the @##$%%^&&* rooster that has woken me many a nights at the camp.

55-Meet his protégé, who tries hard to emulate the teacher, and cannot quite get it.
Mahigeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 03:39 PM   #18
makobob
Baitless on Baja

Quote:
Three weeks ago I saw 30-40 pounders swimming, cruzing, and crashing mullet on our beach. Brandon it looks to be another good year, 6 years in a row coming up.

Home 760-630-4470
Cell 760-520-2514

YES YOU CAN
Old 09-13-2018, 04:33 PM   #19
domtesta27

Quote:
Three weeks ago I saw 30-40 pounders swimming, cruzing, and crashing mullet on our beach. Brandon it looks to be another good year, 6 years in a row coming up.
domtesta27 is offline   Reply With Quote