Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2009, 08:28 PM   #1
punchjamesarnol

Penn senator 113 special

Is a 113H on a trolling 6' 60lb rod overkill for LJ? I'm thinking of getting a new rod and reel combo. any suggestions? Avet sx maybe? rod?... anybody wanna trade for a nearly new aqua bound fiberglass paddle (230 thin,long blade type)
punchjamesarnol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:45 AM   #2
-scallywag-
Banned

i would say yes, its too heavy (bait clicker is heavy the reel is heavy, it holds a 5lbs of line) to fish from a kayak, but it will work if thats all you got...i would at least put on lighter line and get a lighter pole to help absoreb those headshakes if you do hook up

most guys use the penn 500's, shimano TLD's or toriums and the Diawa sealines with 20-30lb line, which is pretty much the heaviest line you can expect to break off should you snag on the bottom (unless you have a hobie)...

Avet's....well IMO those are way too cool for kayak fishing, and they sink faster.... unless you alreay have a few other setups a some extra $skrilla$ layin around i would get one of the setups above, Good Luck!!!
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:55 AM   #3
wade

its fine, u just dont need all the line capacity it offers...
wade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
Siebler

If you want to trade that 113H reel out for some smaller stuff Id be interested. I have some NIB 500's and a tld 15/30 somewhere Im not using. Need a reel for this old California Sabre trolling blank im wrapping though.

Im in Santee

Siebler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:29 PM   #5
punchjamesarnol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siebler View Post
If you want to trade that 113H reel out for some smaller stuff Id be interested. I have some NIB 500's and a tld 15/30 somewhere Im not using. Need a reel for this old California Sabre trolling blank im wrapping though.

Im in Santee

Whats up man? I'm not up for trading the 113, but how much you selling the 500 for?
punchjamesarnol is offline   Reply With Quote