Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2011, 02:56 PM   #1
JoeBeck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman View Post
They are counting on $50,000,000 to come from our license purchases. I think a boycott and some fundraising to pay anyone fined may be an avenue to kick em in the nuts.
Give my fishing license money to Mexico instead. Some good fishing a jump across the border.......

This whole thing sucks!
JoeBeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:04 PM   #2
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeBeck View Post
Give my fishing license money to Mexico instead. Some good fishing a jump across the border.......

This whole thing sucks!
Funny thing about that. Well now if you want to fish Mexican waters and are within 12 miles of shore including ANY islands then you've got to get a Tourist Visa at $30 per day. Sucks huh!
The Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:28 PM   #3
PAL

Quote:
Remember guys that they do annual assessments to dictate whether or not the closure has a positive impact on the area.
Unfortunately, that's not the case. The MLPA calls for 5 year assessments, however, baseline and ongoing research is necessary to track trends. So far, it hasn't happened.

Last year, the Coastside Fishing Club asked the Fish and Game Commission to suspend Central California MLPA-created MPAs because the mandated research hadn't been conducted. Nothing happened. AND, if it did, the same Packard grant chasers that steered the current closures would be the ones to do it. We have a long way to go to impose independent scientific oversight.
PAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
driftwood

Type: Government-owned
On the web: http://www.dfg.ca.gov
The California Department of Fish and Game (DFG) is dedicated to conserving the state's diverse habitat and wildlife. The agency strives to protect native ecological systems threatened by California's continued population growth and economic development. Its areas of focus include law enforcement, wildlife and water management, habitat restoration, public education, and environmental spill response. The Fish and Game Commission, consisting of five members appointed by the governor and the senate, develops policies to guide DFG. The agency receives funding from some 50 sources; its annual budget is more than $470 million.

The DFG has sold out! 50 powerful rich sources funding the DFG. as always, money always wins.
driftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:43 PM   #5
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post
Unfortunately, that's not the case. The MLPA calls for 5 year assessments, however, baseline and ongoing research is necessary to track trends. So far, it hasn't happened.

Last year, the Coastside Fishing Club asked the Fish and Game Commission to suspend Central California MLPA-created MPAs because the mandated research hadn't been conducted. Nothing happened. AND, if it did, the same Packard grant chasers that steered the current closures would be the ones to do it. We have a long way to go to impose independent scientific oversight.
Ok so they're supposed to track trends over a 5 year period. I have my language all jumbled up.

So what kind of action can be taken if no research is conducted?
Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #6
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAL View Post

hahahaha so they close all these areas, which according to their "science" are currently devoid of life to protect them, then in five years they go back and say "holly crap!!!! now there's huge wsb, yt and hali's around and the BSB have made an amazing recovery!! SEE, MPA's WORK!!!"
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #7
blitzburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid View Post
Funny thing about that. Well now if you want to fish Mexican waters and are within 12 miles of shore including ANY islands then you've got to get a Tourist Visa at $30 per day. Sucks huh!
They saw what was coming here and are going to cash in. Guess I can't blame em'!
Old 12-13-2011, 03:49 PM   #8
Jim Sammons LJKF

Quote:
Where is this information from? First I have heard this one
JimSammons.com
Jim Sammons LJKF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:06 PM   #9
-scallywag-
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
It just posted on WON's home page.
-scallywag- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:07 PM   #10
The Kid
Loves Surface Irons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Sammons LJKF View Post
It's not set in stone yet, but a couple of weeks ago the Malihini was out on a 3/4 day and they were told to turn around by the Mex Navy (whether that is directly due to the lack of passports or Visas I am not sure). So then SAC had to discuss the final decision on the new tourist with the Mexican government on the Visa requirement in Mexico. This has been going on for the last few weeks. As of 12/9/11 it was seen on some landing website that there was the imposed fee of $30 for the new Visa.

I was talking to a lot of guys down at the landings and this is pretty much a done deal according to them. I hope this is wrong and I'm just scaring all of you however I have heard from several people who have been following the new proposal closely and it doesn't look good at all.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 PM   #11
Nic D

Quote:
As of 12/9/11 it was seen on some landing website that there was the imposed fee of $30 for the new Visa.
if this is true then anyone visiting TJ will have to have a visa. Mexico, don't be this stupid. If Mexico passes this, they must not want our tourism money.

instagram - @DRAGO619
Nic D is offline   Reply With Quote