Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2008, 11:11 AM   #1
JD

Old #7 Anyone else lose money?

All,

I just heard that the Chapter 7 hearing for the Old #7 finalized on 10/27. I was listed a as a debtor! Did anyone else on this forum lose money due to Jeff Marsillio and the Old #7?

I don't know what's going to happen next but Jeff told me months ago that he intends to pay me back. If I consider how many times he has called me with status (never) i guess i consider this a lost cause.

I know Jeff has friends on this forum but i feel ripped off. Deposit paid, fishing trip never happened. No calls, no status, no word from Jeff unless i tracked him down. Bottom line, services were never rendered...what happened to my $1100 deposit?

?
Old 11-04-2008, 11:35 AM   #2
Handymansd
Ancient Member

I won't offer any legal advice here... but if you were not notified before the hearing, then you were not afforded the due process required for the chapter 7 to officially "close". This means you would still have a vested interest in the liquidation of the companies assets... including but not limited to any and all assets of his business, and if incorporated a good lawyer might be able pierce the corporate veil through say... a personal line of credit used somewhere in his past business dealings then you could possibly go for his personal assets as well. Again... I am not a lawyer in any way shape or form. Anything I stated above is purely conjecture, but it is worth looking into and contacting a lawyer to find out your rights. I understand people's financial difficulties, but this guy, friends on this board or not, should repay personal deposits, even if it has to wait. Who got the boat, and the other assets that he filed with? You are in line somewhere on the list even if it is a ways down.

Handymansd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #3
GHOSTHUNTR

I fished with that guy in June and it wasn't my best experience. My guess is you are going to kiss your money goodbye on this one, hope I'm wrong.
GHOSTHUNTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 01:03 PM   #4
THE DARKHORSE

Sorry to hear that JD.

I truly hope you receive a full refund, but as much as I hate to say it legal action may be the call.

I would try and think positive about it, as there's a real possibiltiy you would have had a terrible nights sleep in a little boat with a bunch of dudes, and probably got skunked anyway. Besides the captains business sense, he knew WSB like few ever have around the islands, but with WSB fishing there are no guarantees.

I haven't made enough back on my own investment to be so genorous and offer a free guided trip, but I'm willing to offer you a consolation prize. The next time I'm having trouble getting my bait through all the damn huge White Seabass, I'll shoot you a P.M.

Maybe, two giant ghosts in your lap will ease your pain.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
JD

Darkhorse, I'll gladly take you up on the offer. Actually, that could be one hell of a consolation prize.

Thanks!