Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports

Old 08-30-2014, 02:28 PM   #1
T Bone

WAY late NPH report...Hali and bass go off!

Whats up guys,been a LONG time since I have posted anything.Been busy having bought a house last year and work has been brutal.Anyways,dusted off the Kayak to get my son Dylan out on Fathers day this last June.Hadnt had the kayak out in over A YEAR(sad)Anyways my son has been wanting to go and having checked the tide charts and fathers day sunday june 15 had massive tide movement.Found out the barge in NPH had squirts so I new it would be good.Dylan and I went to bed early to get up at 1:30 am to get OTW in time to catch the tide swing.We headed out from the coast guard station and paddled to the barge.We loaded the bait tank up with squid and fishing a 3/4 ounce slider because the water was hauling ass incoming tide.First drop instant bendo and bam,just short calico.second drop legal sandie,third drop just short hali.
EVERYthing was biting and biting furiously.Easily a 60 fish day.The bait would only be on the bottom for seconds before being inhaled.this went on for 2 solid hrs.Best bay fishing I have ever experienced.This was somewhat of a meat trip for me because I was trying to be on a diet(I moved to Redlands WAY to close to Hangar 24 LOL!)and we easily had both our limits of bass.Also ended the day with 2 legal 'butts of 23 and 25 inches needless to say we were stoked and off the water by 7 am.
For those of you that dont know,my son Dylan is a cancer survivor and was a recipient from the Steve Moyer memorial tournament.He was stage 4 with tumors in his thigh,lymph nodes and abdomen.A year of chemo and radiation and serious prayer and he has been cancer free for 4 1/2 years.
Plan on getting out a little more often and maybe even upgrading the '07 model paddler to a peddaler.God bless
Attached Images

"Who among you,if your son asked for a fish would give them a serpent " Jesus Matt. 7:10
T Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #2
dmrides

Awesome report! Good for you for getting out with your boy!
dmrides is offline   Reply With Quote