Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > Kayak Fishing Reports
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2006, 05:23 PM   #1
JrBasser

LJ 11-19

Launched at about 6:30, had to wait out a large set, and still got splashed. Made it out past the reserve and saw Aaron and Julie making bait. Started throwing a croc for nada. Drifted the sabiki and picked up a smelt and a spanish. I hooked up the smelt on a low-rig with a trap hook, and as soon as i dropped it in the water, it came off. I donno how, but my last bait, a precious 5 inch mac goes down. Trolled him around the bottom for about 5 minutes and the clicker goes off nicely. Fought/landed a two pound bonito- trap hook saved me on this guy. Started casting/trolling a croc and landed 3 more bonito. Started paddling over towards the pier for macs to drift for halis. Saw one boil that I casted on- got a small hit, then bendo for my fifth bonito of the day. Caught a bunch of macs at the pier that caught nada, then called it a day. Heard of one yellow school siting, but non hooked/caught. All in all a good day I'd say.
JrBasser is offline   Reply With Quote