Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge  

Go Back   Kayak Fishing Adventures on Big Water’s Edge > Kayak Fishing Forum - Message Board > General Kayak Fishing Discussion
Home Forum Online Store Information LJ Webcam Gallery Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2020, 11:09 AM   #1
Warmshort

Skiffs

When skiffs start to troll the 9 mile bank should this be counted as being caught on a kayak let’s say a tuna for example gets caught off an x wrap rapala off a solo? And do you think a skiff fish report from the 9 mile really apply to kayakers?
Warmshort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:16 AM   #2
NICKWORN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warmshort View Post
When skiffs start to troll the 9 mile bank should this be counted as being caught on a kayak let’s say a tuna for example gets caught off an x wrap rapala off a solo? And do you think a skiff fish report from the 9 mile really apply to kayakers?
Who cares ya noob! Land some quality fish out of LJ and then you can talk! Dude catches a YT and thinks hes gods gift to kayaking. SMH No wonder the old school cats left this page, schmucks like you!

NICKWORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:19 AM   #3
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKWORN View Post
Who cares ya noob! Land some quality fish out of LJ and then you can talk! Dude catches a YT and thinks hes gods gift to kayaking. SMH No wonder the old school cats left this page, schmucks like you!

No your the smuck and this site has never been super busy. As you would say don’t like the thread move on little guy.
Old 06-11-2020, 11:20 AM   #4
NICKWORN

Quote:
No your the smuck and this site has never been super busy. As you would say don’t like the thread move on little guy.
LOL, coming from a guy who just joined in late 2018. Anyways, dude i can tell your a tool, so ill leave it at that.

Old 06-11-2020, 11:27 AM   #5
Warmshort

[QUOTE=NICKWORN;307977]LOL, coming from a guy who just joined in late 2018. Anyways, dude i can tell your a tool, so ill leave it at that.

[/QUOTE

So no opinion on the original thread your the OEX rep it sounds like lmao j/k what part polymer is in that plastic mold sounds like something you know lol
Old 06-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #6
igotpron
Xcoastie

This sh/t is hilarious. My vote is to keep the solo skiff post coming. It’s nice to have the information on this site for when the time comes for the next person to make the switch. I find it informative and inspiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 11:52 AM   #7
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotpron View Post
This sh/t is hilarious. My vote is to keep the solo skiff post coming. It’s nice to have the information on this site for when the time comes for the next person to make the switch. I find it informative and inspiring.

I think the ratings just went up on the site lmao
Old 06-11-2020, 12:32 PM   #8
Warmshort

Quote:
I think the ratings just went up on the site lmao
Didn’t mean to sound so harsh but a lot of things are known now like it probably needs a trailer it has to be registered things you don’t have to do with a kayak usually. It can be insure by Boat US and qualify to be towed upto 40 miles out which a kayak cannot. Etc Etc Etc just so those who want to jump on the ban wagon know what they will need example a space for your trailer at home. Again didnt mean to sound harsh but homeboy got all defensive on someone else’s behalf. These were all questions from others and myself.
Old 06-11-2020, 12:47 PM   #9
NICKWORN

Quote:
Didn’t mean to sound so harsh but a lot of things are known now like it probably needs a trailer it has to be registered things you don’t have to do with a kayak usually. It can be insure by Boat US and qualify to be towed upto 40 miles out which a kayak cannot. Etc Etc Etc just so those who want to jump on the ban wagon know what they will need example a space for your trailer at home. Again didnt mean to sound harsh but homeboy got all defensive on someone else’s behalf. These were all questions from others and myself.
Nobody was defensive until you started running your *#$@ suckers! It is what it is, i don't work for OEX, actually first time buying something from them, but glad i was able to help support a local business. I don't know the poly percentages, i don't work for Crescent Kayaks (manufacture), i'm simply one of the 20+ dudes who thought it was time to turn the page from a kayak or wanted an additional option in their fleet.

I share reports, give details on my catches, support other anglers with their questions, have mentored quiet a few dudes out at LJ and for bugs, and am know sharing my progression so others can tag a long, that's all.

I'm sure if i report that we landed some skippy's, bones or tuna out at the 9, there will be some kayakers heading out there as we do every year the tuna come close.

Anyways man, i'm over this rant, have a good day jabrony!

Old 06-11-2020, 01:00 PM   #10
Warmshort

Yeah your probably right And 420
Old 06-11-2020, 07:24 PM   #11
Harry Hill

I imagine someone got all offended when peddle kayaks showed up on the scene, I can hear it now, if you aren't paddling you aren't a kayaker. In my case a torn rotator cuff pushed me to peddles. I had the chance to fish from a hobie and it was great but my artificial knees didn't like the back and forth, whereas the cycle motion of the Old Town doesn't cause me any pain. I don't know if I'll ever go out to 9 mile bank but who knows, I might get brave some day.
Old 06-11-2020, 07:40 PM   #12
Ggiannig89

Keep the skiff reports coming! Are the fish caught considered “kayak fish”? Eh probably not. Who cares though lol. Not quite a boat, not quite a kayak.
Paddle, to peddle, to 15’ skiff has been my progression. I still find myself on BWE over any other forum.
Ggiannig89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #13
SoCalEDC

+1 to keep the skiff posts around.

Its in the same price range as the higher end kayaks and cost of entry is likely the reason most guys who fish on a kayak do so. It's a similar "thing". Additionally, if there are more guys out there catching fish and giving reports that's just another inlet of information to the users here.

The entire debate about what is or isn't a kayak is nonsensical, and the notion that a motorized vessel can't be a kayak is also faulty, or else a bixby or torqueedo would disqualify a kayak from being a kayak.

If one catches a fish while using the torqueedo can he/she not post the report here either?
2020 Hobie Outback SOLD
2021 Stealth Fisha 500
#StealthTribe
SoCalEDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:24 PM   #14
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalEDC View Post
+1 to keep the skiff posts around.

Its in the same price range as the higher end kayaks and cost of entry is likely the reason most guys who fish on a kayak do so. It's a similar "thing". Additionally, if there are more guys out there catching fish and giving reports that's just another inlet of information to the users here.

The entire debate about what is or isn't a kayak is nonsensical, and the notion that a motorized vessel can't be a kayak is also faulty, or else a bixby or torqueedo would disqualify a kayak from being a kayak.

If one catches a fish while using the torqueedo can he/she not post the report here either?
Serious question then why does one have to be registered I’m sure many people are curious. Nonsensical put your thesaurus away lmao
Old 06-12-2020, 01:37 PM   #15
igotpron
Xcoastie

Quote:
Serious question then why does one have to be registered I’m sure many people are curious. Nonsensical put your thesaurus away lmao

Everything with a motor is supposed to be registered. Is every kayak with a bixpy, torqueedo, or trolling motor registered? Hell no.

igotpron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 01:46 PM   #16
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by igotpron View Post
Everything with a motor is supposed to be registered. Is every kayak with a bixpy, torqueedo, or trolling motor registered? Hell no.

Smells fishy j/k lol thanks for the info.
Old 06-13-2020, 10:42 PM   #17
lowprofile
#1 on fishstick's hitlist

Take your yak to the 9 and find out if it applies
Old 06-14-2020, 07:19 AM   #18
Warmshort

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowprofile View Post
Take your yak to the 9 and find out if it applies
There are certain bench marks like catching a tuna on a yak. I personally wouldn’t care to kayak to the 9 mile but that’s why I brought that conversation up. Correct me if I’m wrong I think OEX advertised a tuna flag to be won. If you don’t understand that then I don’t know what else to say. Now a skiff or motorized kayak might entertain the 9 but to paddle or even peddle out there would be very impressive.
Old 06-14-2020, 07:48 AM   #19
Warmshort

Quote:
There are certain bench marks like catching a tuna on a yak. I personally wouldn’t care to kayak to the 9 mile but that’s why I brought that conversation up. Correct me if I’m wrong I think OEX advertised a tuna flag to be won. If you don’t understand that then I don’t know what else to say. Now a skiff or motorized kayak might entertain the 9 but to paddle or even peddle out there would be very impressive.
I realized I was hating on a couple of you guys not on purpose I blame the quarantine fever lol I do agree now it’s a cousin of the kayak (Solo) and to Nick my apologies for turning your progress into a stupid conversation. Good luck to who ever trolls the 9. I am curious if anyone won the flag I was talking about or was it a hoax.